Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Jalaran DeVine

 

Chapter Five

 

We pulled up in front of Parker Towne House. Josh came to the cab opening the door for me; Thomas paid the driver, getting out on the other side. I waited for him to join me near the building door. “Josh, I’d like you to meet Thomas, Thomas, Josh.” I said smiling. Thomas offered his hand to Josh, Josh took his hand firmly shaking it. Josh has always rather been a busy body liking to know who is in the building; I figured he might have well been formally introduced.

Thomas and I started across the lobby to the elevator to head up to my apartment. I pushed the up arrow, on the panel; we waited for a few moments until the door opened. I searched through my purse for my keys, finding them I started fidgeting with them in one hand. We reached the third floor, the doors opened, two doors to the left was my apartment.

My hands were trembling as I tried to unlock the door , I was nervous about being alone with Thomas, I had fought the feelings all day of wanting to make love to this man, what was there to stop me now? Would anyone know accept he and I, if we actually did? I was certain that it was going to be assumed by everyone back home that we would regardless. What fun is there in being accused and not committing the act, I tried to rationalize to myself. I off-handedly threw my suit jacket and purse on the sofa; I headed for the tiny kitchen. “Would you like something to drink?” I asked, “I’ve got orange juice, water, milk, and soda.”

Thomas was still standing looking around the small living area of my apartment, “Sure, water will be fine.” he about half shouted so I could hear him with my head in the fridge. I pulled out a bottle of water, tossing it at him, he caught it. “You don’t want to drink the city water around here, it doesn’t taste all that great,” I laughed. He smiled opening the bottle taking a large drink.

I absently kicked off my heels beside the couch, reached over and threw my purse and jacket on top of them, sitting down and pulling my feet up under me, half leaning on arm of the sofa, watching Thomas inspect the room. “Would you like to sit down?” I motioned to the empty space beside me.

“Oh sorry, yes, I was just looking at all the medals, newspaper clippings and pictures you have up on the wall of your swimming.” his boyish grin showing through. It made me smile when he smiled like that; it reminded me of when we were younger and together. With that thought, everything inside me tightened, he came to sit down beside me, brushing against my hose as he did, and I let out a small sigh. He got the most surprised look on his face at my small sound of pleasure; I could feel my cheeks becoming hot and flushed as he looked at me. “I’m sorry.” I was trying to regain my composure, this was after all my sister’s future husband, even if we were former lovers, and I shouldn’t be thinking what I was. I was already undressing him slowly in my mind. “Excuse me, I’ll be right back.” with that I headed towards the bathroom.

I dropped my personal illusion as I entered the bathroom; my hair took on its buttery glow, my eyes glittering the color of amethysts. I undid my skirt dropping to the floor of my closet; I slipped out of my top. I grabbed a long lavender night gown, with a matching robe, I slowly took off my stockings, and my bra, dropping them with my discarded skirt and blouse, I slipped into the silk of the gown putting the robe over top leaving it open to expose the plunging neckline and high cut slit of the gown. I grabbed my hairbrush, heading back to the sofa.

To my surprise, Thomas had shed his own suit jacket, and tie, and had untucked his shirt, which was also unbuttoned exposing his well tanned, well-toned chest and abdomen, I ached to touch him, and I wanted him to touch me. I could feel the tension between us building when he looked up to see me come out of the bathroom; it had the same affect on his body that seeing him was having on mine.

As we gazed at each other, I had to stop dead in my tracks to keep from stumbling; I noticed that he caught himself on the arm of the sofa to steady himself as well. The smell of desire was thick in the air of the room, we just stood there, as though frozen in time for that moment, looking at the beauty of each other, wanting, needing to touch one another, but almost afraid to for fear it wasn’t real.

I broke the silence, I had to, and I couldn’t stand the tension any longer. “Wow!” My breath heavy with my own need for him, He tried to speak, “Agreed.” came low and masculine from his full luscious lips, He had dropped his illusion as well, and we stood there looking upon each other as we truly are for the first time in seven years. I could see the tension in his hips, the distinctive bulge of his manhood growing in desire of me; my own body was reacting in much the same way,

His chest rippled of muscle. It was smooth save for one small line of the lightest blonde hair that ran from his mid-chest to his belt line then disappeared. His abdomen was a tight wall of muscle; you could see the ridges between them they were so well defined. Around his neck hung, a small delicate silver chain with a shell similar in only in size to my own, it was a symbol of his royal house, the black shell. I followed my line if vision up to his luscious full lips, I wanted to taste those lips, feel them pressed against my body, Mermen were not allowed to grow facial hair until wed, then it was by choice. Thomas was clean-shaven, his skin looked baby smooth, his left ear sported a single onyx stud, and then to the very tip were tiny silver hoops, another sign of his being of noble blood. The golden tresses of his hair hung to his waist, much longer than they had appeared earlier that day when he was under his illusion, it hung long and loose around him, those eyes, those blue-green eyes, now shown in their true color, the color of Chivor Emeralds, the color of a stormy sea. My eyes took in every inch of him in those few moments we stood there just staring at each other, from waist to head, even noticing the blue-green metallic line of scales that dipped just above his belt line at his hips, the place where his tail would form should he wish it.

I’m sure the same thoughts were going through his head as he studied me much the same way I looked at him. I could feel his eyes starting at the slit in my gown, noticing the string of the matching thong, the single line of lavender-silver scales peaking out just above my hip, and, the fullness of my breasts now that I was through puberty. My n*****s were hard, pressing heavily against the silk of the gown as if trying to escape. And around my neck hung my silver chain with the small pink shell. My buttery curls flowed freely about me, almost cloaking me to my waist, the large golden hoops hung from my ears, a single onyx stud, very tiny was at the tip of my right ear which poked up through my hair with distinctive points. My eyes glittered like jewels; my lips were full and pouty. I had a single beauty mark that sat high on my cheek just at the ridge of the bone under and to the outside of my left eye.

The moment faded as we came back to each other fuller of lust and desire than ever before. I started forward to the sofa, Thomas sat back down to remove his shoes, I fully knew he’d intended on spending the night when I asked him back to my apartment, where the night would go, we hadn’t a clue, yet.

As I got to the sofa, I turned to look back to the niche where the huge king-sized bed was squeezed in wall to wall. The low headboard coming just up to the bottom of the window, It was dusk, the sun was still in the sky, it was the most beautiful of colors, hazy pinks, purples, blues, lavenders and reds. A saying that my grandfather had taught me came to mind. It went something like “Red sky at night, sailors’ delight. Red sky at morning, sailors take warning.” I must have said it aloud because Thomas looked towards the window.

“I’m a Mer, a creature of the water; does that qualify me as a sailor, so that I might get my delight?” He moved closer to me, slipping his arms around my waist, kissing me at first softly at the back of the neck and up to my ears.

 



© 2008 Jalaran DeVine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

457 Views
Added on November 4, 2008
Last Updated on November 15, 2008