Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Jalaran DeVine

 

 

I walked slowly to my apartment just thinking about what Andy had said, he was right, the only thing that Thomas had asked me to consider was moving. I wouldn’t be giving up anything by moving, I would be gaining space. It didn’t seem like Thomas was going to expect me to pay for the move, though I did want to contribute as much as I was able to our new place. I knew I wanted to stay in The Village, I liked being this close to everything, I didn’t want to give that up, and I didn’t want to have to commute into the city for classes, practices, and work. I also knew I did want to be with Thomas.

I opened the apartment door; I could hear the sound of the shower.

I glanced over at the clock on my headboard to check what time it was, it was only three; I had four hours before I had to be at work. I picked up the remote, sat down on the sofa, and started shuffling through the channels. I landed on a soap opera, it held my attention for a few minutes, and I wasn’t used to being home in the middle of the afternoon like this. What does one watch at three o’clock on a Thursday afternoon, I thought to myself. I heard the water shut off, Thomas entered the room, one towel wrapped at his waist, another around his shoulders he was using to dry his hair. He came over and bent down kissing me lightly on the top of the head.

He had my full attention; I couldn’t help but watch as he walked over to the bed, proceeding to finish drying off. His body was so perfect, it made me want him seeing him naked, standing there like that. I could feel it deep in my own body. I got up and walked over to him, reaching up I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself up on my tiptoes, I started kissing him gently, the kiss grew in intensity and passion. He gently pushed me backwards towards the bed; I hit the edge, landing on my back, the waves rippled through the bed. Thomas pressed his naked body against me. I could feel him, his body responding to my own as I pushed myself into him. We came up for air, only briefly enough for me to remove my warm up suit. I was clad only in a thong. Thomas refused to let me lie back down, he started at my lips kissing his way down my body, stopping to lick and gently nibble his way down to my most intimate parts, my body tightened the closer he got. He brushed his fingers against my mound; I let out a tiny sound of pleasure. Thomas looked up at me, a wide smile across his sensual lips, he found his way to my sweet spot, working his fingers gently in and around it, teasing me, making me want him that much more, the feel of him inside me. He continued to work his mouth ever closer, pausing only long enough to remove my thong. He flicked his tongue now across my mound, he laid me back on the bed, spreading my legs, he knelt between them, probing with his tongue in and out, across the intimate flesh, he sucked, nibbled, kissed. I arched my back pushing myself into his lips, the hunger of his mouth taking me in as he explored, tasting me as he brought me ever closer to brink of ecstasy. I closed my eyes, letting it wash over me, wave after wave as I exploded in pure pleasure.

Thomas rose to his feet, standing between my legs, he lifted the lower half of my body with his strong arms to meet the firmness of his manhood, he rubbed against the wetness of the outside, teasing me, making me push into him, wanting to feel him inside me, filling me, reaching the spot only he could. He pulled back slightly, teasingly placing the head just inside, but not following the stroke through, he just stood there, placing a small amount of pressure against, but not entering the depths of me. I moaned, he pushed through, filling me with himself. He pulled back then plunge forward filling me again and again, bringing me ever closer to the edge of pleasure. I could feel his body respond to mine as the waves of pleasure pushed through me, his hips tensed, it became faster, harder, and Thomas moaned in release, I felt as though a dam burst inside me, I moaned loudly, he collapsed on top of me placing gentle kisses on my lips.

“I love you Amy.” his voice came low and hoarse.

“I love you Thomas” I spoke labored. He slowly rolled to one side of me, placing him between the headboard, and me raising himself on his elbow, he traced his fingers across my body as we basked in the afterglow.

I glanced in the direction of the clock, it was nearly five. “Thomas,” I looked over at him lying next to me, “I have to start getting ready for work; I usually work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.”

He looked at me, “A Princess shouldn’t have to work.” I had dreaded this moment; he was not making it any easier.

“I have to work to pay my bills,” I said in earnest. “I can’t afford to live off campus if I don’t work. Remember, I left being a Princess when I left home.”

“I know you left being a Princess behind when you left” He had a serious look on his face. “Would you let me make up to you what your family did to you?”

I looked into those beautiful blue green eyes. He sounded so sincere about what he wanted to do, how could I take that away from him? “And how do you propose making it up to me?” I asked.

“Buying us a nice place to live, surrounding you with servants like you would have at the grotto, providing for you, so that you don’t have to work or worry about bills.” he smiled.

I had to admit it all sounded a bit too good to be true. “Can I ask you a question and have you answered me honestly?” I asked, studying his face, as I traced my finger over his lips. “Where is the money coming from?”

Thomas pulled free of me, starting to get out of bed, reaching for his clothes. He was avoiding answering my question. I propped myself on an elbow, looking at his back as he pulled on his jeans. “Thomas, where is the money coming from that you want to do all this with?” I touch of anger in my words this time.

He turned around, “Your grandmother” he stated plainly. I sat up and pulled my knees up under my chin.
“Why would she send money to take care of me, she doesn’t even really know me” I looked up at him. “I’ve only seen her twice in my life, both times in human form.”

He shrugged, “I don’t know Amy, I don’t think she’s as bad as you seem to think she is.”

“She had taken up residence in the grotto by the time I was born, “ I told him, “My grandfather would come spend time with me, but never my grandmother, she always seemed more interested in Emma, but then so did everyone else. I guess that’s part of why I left in the first place.”

“I was never more interested in Emma.” He looked at me dejectedly. “I’ve always been in love with you.”

I smiled, “I know, I’ve always been in love with you, since we were children.”

Suddenly, I could start to see that some things in my life weren’t as important as I thought they were, my job, was just that a job, it wasn’t what I intended to do for the rest of my life, that’s why I was going to school. My tiny apartment, yes it was mine, but it was so very small, there wasn’t enough room for the both of us, we could never think of starting a family living here. Thomas, he was very important to me, he had asked me to be his mate, which meant he wanted to be with me forever, to have children, and to create a life for ourselves. He’d even compromised by offering to stay in New York with me, in The Village, if I wanted.

Thomas looked over at me, he was mostly dressed, “What are you thinking about?” He asked.

“You, me, us, the future.” I said. “If we get a bigger place, and I stop working, what then, can I stay in school; can I keep training for the Olympic Swim Team?”

“Amy, you can do whatever your heart most desires, I’m not here to take your life away from you, and I’m here to be a part of it.” He stated sincerely. “I just feel there are some things that I could provide for you is all, things a human husband provides for his wife.” I smiled

“So, do you want to live more like humans than Mer?” I asked him.

“I like the small taste of the city that I’ve gotten so far.” He said. “I can’t imagine you going back to live among the Mer after having lived here for so long, Amy, I’m not even sure if I can now.” We both laughed.

“I have to call Tony to let him know I won’t be coming in, that I’ll bring my uniform by tomorrow sometime.” I said. Thomas nodded at me, as I opened my cell phone to call into work, for the first and last time ever.

 

Chapter Fourteen



© 2008 Jalaran DeVine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

559 Views
Added on November 4, 2008
Last Updated on November 15, 2008