Courtney

Courtney

A Chapter by Karina
"

Courtney Part 2

"
The island seemed to be getting closer now, as we swam as fast as we could. Maggie and Olivia were a few yards ahead of me, and I was back with Olivia's parents, keeping a steady pace.
An hour passed then, and the island was very close now. Only another half a mile or so and we'd be there!
I pointed that out to the rest of my group.
"Finally. I thought we'd never get there!" Maggie said, and paddled faster.
Olivia and I swam up and matched her pace, talking and laughing for a change. After awhile, I looked down to see if there were any sharks in the great ocean below us, and surprisingly, I saw the white sand of Florida beneath my feet. I stopped swimming and actually stood up!
Well, sort of. I fell into the water with a splash because my legs were so tired. And I just laid there, feeling relaxed and better already.
"Oh my god we can stand!" Maggie said.
"No sh- duh, Maggie," Olivia said, and looked back at her oblivious parents. They laughed, and suddenly felt a little better.
"We still have to find something - anything - to get us out of here!" I said.
"Maybe we could wait until a plane comes and we can somehow catch it's attention, like write HELP in really big letters in the sand. Or make a fire to send smoke signals there too," Maggie said.
"You're too smart blondie," Olivia said and smiled.
"Hey, do you wanna survive or not?" Maggie smiled. "Let's get to work."
Maggie and I went to explore the woods and find firewood and leaves, while Olivia and her dad started drawing in the sand.


© 2012 Karina


Author's Note

Karina
I have no idea how this is gonna end, and this is coming to me as we go along haha :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on November 2, 2012


Author

Karina
Karina

Nowhere YOU need to know!



About
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.” "If you live a 100 days, I .. more..

Writing