Olivia

Olivia

A Chapter by Karina
"

Part 2 from Olivia.

"

"COURTNEY! MAGGIE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs along with my parents.

"We need to get to the island!" Courtney called. "Oh, my stomach! Olivia, swim!"

So I swam for my life. I didn't see any more sharks beneath me, and I wondered if everyone was at least not dead or seriously injured. I shivered.

After about three miles of swimming, I ran out of energy. I started to sink. Down into the depths of the ocean. That's when I felt a hands grab my shirt and was then lifted to the surface again.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" screamed Maggie. She was fine, I think. She was also carrying Courtney. Really tough for a smart, pretty girl.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mags," I said, dazed. "I just... can't swim.... can't... make... island...." And then I sank down, down down. And again, a strong grip pulled me up from beneath the depths of the ocean and started carrying me.

It was my dad.

I had already fallen asleep, but everyone was swimming with each other now. Mom's cut was almost stopped bleeding, though she still needed medical care. I'm pretty sure the sharks were all gone, but there was still millions of poisonous snakes and fish and underwater plants below us.

I had woken up after and hour, and the island now looked further than it ever had.

"Are the waves pushing us that way?" I said, pointing the opposite way we were going.

"You know what, I think you're right Oli," my mom said.

"We need to swim faster if we want to make it!" Courtney said.

"Well thanks for the update," I said grumpily.

"Hey, I was just saying," she responded.

"Sorry, I'm just so tired!" I replied.

"Girls, stop fighting. We've all got some rest now, haven't we?" my dad said, treading water. "Well, then let's swim faster than we ever swam before as if our lives depended on it."

"They do," Maggie said, and laughed. And we started swimming towards the island.



© 2012 Karina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great karina :) everyone has such great writing talent!! I wonder what it would be like if we all wrote a story together :) IT WOULD BE AMAZING!!


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 25, 2012


Author

Karina
Karina

Nowhere YOU need to know!



About
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.” "If you live a 100 days, I .. more..

Writing