Olivia

Olivia

A Chapter by Karina
"

Olivia's point of view.

"

We were riding on the airplane when it happened.

 

"Hey, Oli," Maggie said, nudging me.

"Hm?" I said, half asleep.

"We're an hour away from landing in Florida!" Maggie said.

"Isn't it exciting? Our first plane ride, and our first trip to anywhere but Illinois!" Courtney said.

 

I, of course, was Olivia. I was an average girl. Average brown hair, average brown eyes, average height and weight, average parents, blah blah blah. Courtney had short, jet-black hair. It was really thick. But her eyes... they were a deep gray. Gray always seemed a dull color to me, but that was before I met Courtney. Her eyes are really pretty. I wish I had Courtney's beautiful eyes. They are as deep as the sea, and as pretty as a seashell. And then there's Maggie. I don't even know where to start! She has gorgeous, long, straight blond hair. Her eyes are a deep blue; so deep, that you cannot tell what color they are for a second. She has a bunch of freckles, and otherwise she has really beautiful skin, too.

I love to dance and sing. I want to be a Broadway start someday. All of my past music teachers said I was really good. And so did my best friends! Courtney loves to prank people. She wants to own a shop full of all prank stuff you can buy from her, just like Fred and George's shop at Hogsmeade. Surprisingly, from Maggie's beauty, she loves sports. her favorite is softball, but she plays five of them. FIVE. That's amazing. The guys at our school LOVE her. She's pretty. She's sporty. Perfect package for boys! Though none of them have ever, you know, put anything in her locker on Valentine's Day, or even tried to make a move on her. Nothing! That proves that boys are chickens. And she doesn't like boys anyway. ANY boys.

 

"OLI!" Courtney was screeching in her "singing" voice.

"Huh?" I said.

"Lost in your thoughts? Again?" Maggie laughed.

"Oh, uh, sure," I smiled. "When do we land again?"

"About an hour," Courtney said. "Aren't you excited?!"

"I sure am," my parents said. I had totally forgotten that they were here! They had to come along because we weren't "old enough" to fly alone.

I had brought my Kindle along the plane ride, so me and my friends were playing Every Word until the pilot spoke through the speaker.

"We will be landing in about ten minutes. We are flying over the ocean still, reaching the nearest piece of land in about one minutes, which is the island you may be able to see ahead. Our airport is, as I have said, about ten minutes away from-" and his voice cracked. There was silence until he was saying, "No... please no... no... who will fly the-" and the pilots voice was cut off my a gunshot.

The next few minutes flashed before me. There was a loud, deep voice then booming on the speaker.

"This pilot has miscalculated his timing. Your plane will land in about ten seconds," it said.

Just then we looked out the window to see the water coming up towards the plane at lightning speed.

"At least we will live," we heard the same voice say, and shorty after, a big splash.

I looked out the window to see him landing on the island, along with three others, two boys and a girl. Both seemed at adult age. But then everything went black.



© 2012 Karina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


really good!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012


Author

Karina
Karina

Nowhere YOU need to know!



About
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.” "If you live a 100 days, I .. more..

Writing