Preface

Preface

A Chapter by kaylahardy120

Do you believe that people have the choice to be good or evil? 

I remember the day I was sitting at one of the eatery's on my college campus, earbuds jammed in my ear and blocking out all the people surrounding me. I was minding my own business, listening to music and scrolling through social media to kill time when an alert popped up on my computer. It was an email from an unfamiliar contact, but it looked important. 

Ms. Jones,

The Federal Clergy of Guardians regrets to inform you that due to a clerical error, we need to meet with you in person to discuss a very serious issue. Please reply to this email promptly so we can do everything in our power to make this experience as easy as possible for you.

The Federal Clergy of Guardians

The Federal Clergy of Guardians supposedly assigns guardian angels to every person once they're born who help you throughout your life, but my family had always told me it was just a big joke. I stared at the email not sure if it was a prank or my parents trying to f**k with me, but I closed out of the email. As soon as I did, I saw a middle aged man with a briefcase wearing a suit and tie making a beeline right for me. I locked my eyes onto his as he stopped in front of me and stared me down. He cleared his throat and my eyes flickered over to the golden tie clip he had on. It had the letters FCG engraved on it and I'd be lying if my heart didn't drop a bit after reading it. 

"Ms. Jones, would you please come with me?" he asked, holding his hand out and I looked around to find nobody questioning who this strange man was. I swallowed hard and grabbed his hand, but everything went black. A moment later I was in an unfamiliar room where a group of people dressed in very fancy white clothing stared at me from across the long table. The man who'd brought me to this strange location pulled a chair out for me and gestured for me to sit down. I slowly sat down, pulling my earbuds that had somehow travelled with me out of my ears. I wondered for half a second if I'd passed out, but it felt too real for me to think I was in a dream. 

"Ms. Noelle Jones?" an older man sitting directly across from me questioned and I nodded, rolling my earbuds cord around my fingers. 

"I don't know what this is but I have class-"

"The FCG has a very important issue to discuss with you, Noelle."

"-in fifteen minutes," I trailed off. Had he just said FCG? What in the hell was this? The man standing behind me placed a piece of paper in front of me and as I began to read it over, the words started becoming fuzzy. I shook my head and looked up at the old man. 

"Noelle, I'm sure you've heard of The Federal Clergy of Guardians and I'm sure you know what we do, but there was a slight error with your assignment," the woman sitting next to the old man said and I looked at her in complete confusion. 

"This isn't real," I blurted as the door behind the old man opened and a pair of nicely dressed men brought in a boy who looked about my age. He was dressed in a slate gray hoodie and a black shirt underneath and sported black skinny jeans. He had piercings on his lips and nose along with tattoos covering at least every inch of the amount of skin I was able to see. His hair and eyes were the only thing that stood out about him to me. He had red tinged brown hair and his eyes looked almost burgundy. 

"This is Louis," the woman whispered and she seemed to stiffen as he entered the room. Luke was staring at me with fire in his eyes and I felt uneasy by his presence. 

"Look, clearly she doesn't want me here either so can I just go?" Louis asked, but the two men holding him tightened their grip and Louis's face winced slightly. 

"There's no getting around this," the old man spoke before going into a coughing fit. 

"So this is my 'guardian angel'?" I scoffed and Louis met my eyes and had this devilish smirk on his face. Everyone's faces in the room seemed to drain of color and Louis licked his lips. 

"I'm no f*****g angel," he hissed and I quickly tore my eyes from his to look back down at the paper in front of me. It contained all my personal information; basically my birth certificate, but there was more information at the bottom. 

NOELLE MARIE JONES: DAUGHTER OF KATHRYN AND PETER JONES. 

ASSIGNED GUARDIAN: LOUIS SEAFER

Underneath, were my parents signatures and following that I saw Louis's information.

LOUIS SEAFER- FIRST CLASS DEMON

DUE TO THIS CLERICAL ERROR KATHRYN AND PETER HAVE REQUESTED THAT LUKE NOT BE INTRODUCED OR LET INTO NOELLE'S LIFE UNTIL SHE HAS GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND HAS ESTABLISHED A LIFE FOR HERSELF. 

The Federal Clergy of Guardians

My throat swelled up and I felt the room starting to close in around me.

"How do you f**k up something like this?" I gasped, holding my head. 

"It was an honest mistake-"

"A mistake? How many other people has this happened to?" I screamed, pointing to the paper and looking at all the people staring at me. The old man looked to a younger man who sat on his other side. He looked extremely nervous and he closed his eyes with a sigh. 

"Nobody," he whispered, but it echoed throughout the room. 

"Well I don't need any guardian, especially not if it's him. I've gone my whole life without one and I've turned out just fine," I spoke as calmly as I could, causing Louis to laugh. I looked at him, my jaw tightening. 

"You don't have a choice," the old man spoke sternly. His blue eyes looked almost white as he told me this. I felt tears in my eyes and I chewed on my lips. 

"I don't want him," I whispered, and the old man sighed. 

"He's your guardian and he's coming with you. Goodbye Ms. Jones," he spoke and suddenly all I saw was black once more. 



© 2017 kaylahardy120


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Okay so this was really intriguing. Already, so many thoughts are brewing in my head, which by this account, informs you that this got my attention. I really like that you didn't give too much away, just enough to make people read more which I love. The imagery was so clear to me and I am excited to read the rest of it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Never would I have thought to make a story based on someone not getting a guardian angel but a demon. I really like the creativity of this and I look forward to continuing reading.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have so many questions in my mind, probably write a whole novel with all my questions. I could even write a bigger novel explaining why this a such a good story and you should keep writing. I love your creativity and effort you put in this story!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!!! (: I'm glad you liked it! I have like 7 chapters up right now, and I'm working .. read more
Okay so this was really intriguing. Already, so many thoughts are brewing in my head, which by this account, informs you that this got my attention. I really like that you didn't give too much away, just enough to make people read more which I love. The imagery was so clear to me and I am excited to read the rest of it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OH this sounds really interesting! You did a great job at creating a character that audiences feel attached to. I'm so excited to read more and I hope that you update soon!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I've got the first two chapters done so far, I'm just waiting for more feedback. .. read more
Yes! Yes yes yes! I'm in! Ooh, I love this story concept! How much do you have hashed out? Or are you gonna figure out the story as you write it? Either way I'll be waiting! And I think I'll post a small snippet of the book I want to write - this was kinda the final bit of encouragement I needed. If other people are getting their ideas out there, why not me? ... but I digress. Fantastic start! I'm sure there'll be more you'll add to the preface later, right? That at least seems to be the case with me - continually adding after the fact...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I've been looking for outside criticism on this for a few days, so this is very r.. read more
Timothy McNeil

7 Years Ago

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddd as usual I come back quite late... nothing new here! *looks around nervously* .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2017
Last Updated on January 14, 2017
Tags: fantasy, clergy, demon, angel, guardian


Author

kaylahardy120
kaylahardy120

MI



About
I've been writing since I was about 5 and loved it ever since. I write fantasy, romance, horror, and fan fiction. I'm basically a college student just struggling through life and writing in my spa.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by kaylahardy120



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 5 Chapter 5

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 6 Chapter 6

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by kaylahardy120