Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by kaylahardy120

****Noelle’s POV****


I woke up on the couch, Louis no longer underneath me. I rubbed my eyes and groaned, the hangover ever present. I stared up at the ceiling, yawning with a stretch.


“Lou?” I called, but found my apartment eerily quiet. I frowned, sitting up and looking around. I stood up and scratched my head, looking in my room and checking outside to see if he was around, but he wasn’t. I decided that he had to meet with the FCG for some reason and hadn’t wanted to wake me, and left it at that. I started the shower and got in the warm, steamy water. As the water ran down my body, all I could do was picture Louis. I could feel his hands running along my body, his fingers dancing against my waist. He lips moving against my collarbone and my neck. My eyelids fluttered briefly, until I realized Louis wasn’t even with me. I snapped back to reality and leaned up against the shower wall. What was happening to me? I’d never been one to experience lustful feelings; I’d been hanging around Louis way too much. I turned the steaming water to chilled and quickly got out. I swallowed hard as I wrung out my hair and wrapped my towel around me. I walked out of the bathroom to go to my room and I jumped and screamed at what I found. Two men in suits, who I assumed were from the FCG were sitting on my bed. They both turned away quickly and I screamed at them to get out. The scurried into the hallway as I slammed my door. I leaned up against the door, panting and holding my head. I changed quickly and wondered what the FCG wanted with me now. I opened the door to find the two red faced men not meeting my eyes.


“Uhm, Miss Jones?” one of them spoke, their voice cracking. I glared at them, raising my hand and he took a deep breath.


“Would you please come with us?” he continued and I took his extended hand, being warped to the FCG headquarters once more. All eyes were on me as the men led me through a maze of halls until I was face to face with the older man I’d talked to on my first encounter. I swallowed hard as he gestured to the large chair in front of his desk. I sunk into the chair and felt like an ant looking up at the man. He had a smile on his face, but it wasn’t warm and inviting. I noticed another man in the room, standing off to the side who looked anxious, but happy as well.


“It’s nice to see you again, Noelle,” the older man spoke as I tore my eyes off the anxious man. I nodded with a brief smile before taking a deep breath.


“It seems that we always meet under unfortunate circumstances, but perhaps this isn’t so unfortunate after all,” he spoke and I frowned, wondering what he could possibly mean.


“Louis has been revoked as your guardian,” he spoke and I felt the air get knocked out of me. I blinked quickly and shook my head.


“What? Why?” I asked, trying to sound too distraught, but I felt a panic attack coming on.


“Louis broke some rules. He wasn’t cut out for the responsibility and did everything in his power to get rid of you,” he continued and I felt the world spinning around me. Louis had broken rules? He wanted to get rid of me? I knew Louis was a demon, but over time he’d started to change. Was I wrong about him the entire time?


“I know this is hard to take in, but you won’t be left without a guardian,” the man continued and my head shot up to see the anxious man walking over to me. I looked at him and I held out a shaky hand and I gave my best attempt at a smile.


“I’m Gabe,” he spoke softly, taking my hand in his soft hand. I nodded, putting my hand back in my lap.


“Gabe will be your guardian from now on. He will make sure you’re protected, but unlike Louis, he will be giving you your personal space. Only appearing when he is called upon,” the older man explained and I nodded, but his words were flowing in one ear and out the other. I couldn’t understand what was happening. This couldn’t be happening. Something wasn’t right.


“Can I at least talk to Louis?” I asked, and the man seemed a bit surprised by my question. He cleared his throat and placed his spiny fingers on his desk.


“Louis is no longer allowed outside of Hell,” he spoke and I looked down to prevent him from seeing the tears forming in my eyes. I gave a sharp nod before standing up and walking over to the two escorts at the door. I held my hand out and I was back in my room. I stood in the middle of my room for a minute, numb, but a moment later my knees buckled underneath me and I fell to the floor in tears. Sure, Louis was a massive pain in the a*s, but he’d become a part of my life and a friend to me, if anything.


“This isn’t fair! You can’t just take him!” I screamed out, my head falling into my hands as I ugly cried as loud as I could. I had to find Louis, and I knew of only way how, and it wasn’t going to be easy or pleasant. I looked at the band on my wrist and I wiggled it around, but it was completely dead. I tried to get it off, but I saw blinking in the corner of my eye. I looked over and saw Louis’s bracelet lying on my dresser. If he was revoked as a guardian, why was his band here? I scrambled up and grabbed his band from off the dresser and it saw it pulsating a continuous orange like mine had when I’d gone out. I tried to figure out how to turn it on, but I was having no luck. I sighed in defeat, but I was hopeful that I was right about Louis and that something had happened to him.


“Gabe,” I called out, not exactly sure how I supposed to contact a guardian angel, especially when Louis was always around whether I wanted him there or not. I tucked Louis’s band in my back pocket as Gabe appeared in my room. He blinked a few times and looked around my room before letting out a breath and smiled at me.


“Sorry, never done this before,” he spoke, kneeling down so he was eye level with me. I took a deep breath and stood up, sitting on my bed.


“Is something wrong?” he asked and I looked down at my feet, trying to figure out how I was going to carry out my plan.


“I need to talk to somebody,” I whispered, looking up at him and he narrowed his eyes briefly before frowning and nodding for me to continue. I fidgeted with the ends of my hair before dropping my head off with a loud sigh.


“I need to talk to a demon,” I spoke, eyes closed and Gabe made a noise. I opened my eyes and he looked uncomfortable and surprised at the same time.


“Allan said you couldn’t talk to-”


“It’s not Louis, can you help me or not?” I snapped and he began scratching at his skin quite violently. I wet my lips and felt my heart racing.


“I don’t know how to contact demons, Noelle,” he spoke, looking around as if he was nervous somebody was watching him. He looked back to me, taking my hands in his and he held them tightly. I could feel him shaking before he said,


“But I know somebody who can.”


© 2017 kaylahardy120


Author's Note

kaylahardy120
I kind of know where I want this story to go, but I'm still struggling a little bit with the plot. Like, I don't like Gabe and I wanted him to be an evil kind of character, but this is like the only chapter he's going to be in because I see no use for him. Other than that, I'm just trying to fix some plot holes that I'm dealing with for the future of this story, so bear with me if I don't update for a while!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this!! My heart dropped into my feet when I read that he had been revoked as Noelle's guardian. The scenes when she goes to the headquarters are always so well written and it's a flag for us readers that a plot twist is going to happen! I'm anxiously waiting for the update!!!! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 26, 2017
Last Updated on March 26, 2017
Tags: angels, demons, guardians, school, fantasy, sci-fi


Author

kaylahardy120
kaylahardy120

MI



About
I've been writing since I was about 5 and loved it ever since. I write fantasy, romance, horror, and fan fiction. I'm basically a college student just struggling through life and writing in my spa.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by kaylahardy120