Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by kaylahardy120

When I came to, I was in my bed with a warm towel on my forehead. I stared up at my cracking ceiling and blinked a few times.


“Don’t sit up too fast,” Louis whispered from the side of my bed. I turned my head gently and saw him sitting on my bean bag chair, staring at me. I wanted to be afraid of him, but I wasn’t. I slowly sat up, my entire body aching. I winced as I relaxed against my headboard. Louis was shifting uncomfortably in the bean bag as I noticed the bruise wrapping around my wrist. I twisted my arm around and examined the clear hand print that was imprinted in a black and blue color.


“Why’d you do it?” I asked, staring at my closet instead of looking at Louis. I knew it was Wrath, but it didn’t explain why he’d suddenly exploded into a wild fit of rage.


“It just happened, Noelle. I know it’s not an excuse or a solid answer, but I really felt like I wasn’t in control,” he spoke softly and I closed my eyes for a moment.


“What happened at the FCG?” I pushed and I looked at him. He sighed and put his head in his hands.


“They f*****g stress me out. I hate going there! I get so worked up,” he started to ramble and I sighed.


“What did they want?” I continued because I knew something was wrong. That phone call, his behavior; it wasn’t him.


“I told you; they were just seeing how things were going!” he exploded once more. I shrank back in my bed as he towered over me. Tears fell from my eyes without cause and I gritted my teeth.


“You should go,” I mumbled, refusing his gaze.


“Noelle-”


“Get out!”


Louis just stood there; defeated. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.


“Please, Noelle,” he spoke in a whisper, but I couldn’t deal with him.


“Just go, okay? I need some time alone,” I said quickly and he sighed. I looked to where he was standing, but he was gone. I let my guard down and started sobbing. I got out of bed, but collapsed to the floor. My body was aching and throbbing in pain. I needed to get to a hospital, and I wasn’t going to be able to take myself. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scheduled an Uber to pick me up. I’d taken an Uber before and it had been quite enjoyable. I managed to stand up and slowly make my way out to the living room and to the door. I leaned up against the door, waiting for my Uber to arrive. I walked outside and sat on the bottom of the steps as the Uber pulled up. I made my way to the car and smiled as I strained to get in the car.


“I need to get to urgent care,” I spoke, looking at my driver for the first time. He was an older man that was clearly balding and he had these blue, almost grey, eyes that were magnified through huge glasses. I quickly looked away from him and he slowly peeled out into the street.


“Urgent care, heh?” he asked, a nervous twitch in his voice. I felt sweat starting to form on my head and I nodded.


“Yeah,” I whispered, tapping my fingers against the dashboard. I hoped he’d leave the conversation at that, but he continued.


“Ever been in an Uber?”


“Yeah, once.”


“Are you in college?”


“Um, yep,” I was getting more and more anxious as he continued to question me. I was staring out the window and began to panic as he turned the opposite way that we were supposed to go.


“Hey, isn’t urgent care that way?” I croaked, my shaking finger pressing up against the dirty glass window.


“I’m taking a shortcut,” he assured me, pushing his glasses up against his face and I felt myself growing sick. I tried to sit back and relax, but I couldn’t.


“Can you just drop me off here?” I asked, but he wasn’t listening to me anymore. I started to cry once more. I felt something touch my leg, and saw that the man’s hand was resting on my thigh. I started to kick my leg and scream, but he clasped his hand over my mouth. I saw my life flashing before my eyes; there was no hope.


“Get the f**k off me!” I screamed, slapping him in the face and sending the car swerving, but he was still driving. I tried to grab the wheel, but he grabbed my arm.


“Holy s**t!” he screamed, before we crashed into something. It was strange though, because I was watching us crash, but nothing was happening to me. The car was collapsing and the man was being smashed up, but I felt no pain. When the car finally stopped flipping, I sat there completely stunned. The entirety of the car was destroyed except the small space I had taken up. I looked over at the man who was now unrecognizable and I shuddered. I heard metal moving and light poured into the dark crumpled space. Louis’s face emerged and he looked disappointed, but relieved at the same time. He continued to rework the metal around me until he could scoop me out of the mess. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.


“Oh, Lou,” I breathed, not able to fathom the day I was having. He sighed, placing his hand on my head and pulling me into his chest.


“You’re a f*****g mess,” he whispered and I couldn’t help but chuckle.


“You killed that guy,” I whimpered, as he carried me back to my house.


“What? Did you want me to keep that sicko alive?” he barked back and I sighed, knowing he was right.


“I may be demon, but that guy is like ten times worse,” he scoffed and I rolled my eyes with a nod.


“Thank you,” I smiled and he gave me the smallest smirk.


© 2017 kaylahardy120


Author's Note

kaylahardy120
I don't like this chapter. I feel like I'm making Louis too soft now. Also, the creeper guy is supposed to look like Lester from GTA V because I've been playing that a lot lately, and Uber rides are like my worst fear.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This chapter has a lot of tension and fear. I've never taken an Uber and now I don't ever want too. Yeah, Louis does seem to be getting more emotional, except for when he killed the driver. It kind of made me shiver at how emotionless (except for disgust at the driver) Louis was about the whole ordeal. I'm so excited for the next chapter!! :)

P.S. Sorry, I seemed to have missed the notification for this chapter. It was really cool though!!! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Louis isn't becoming soft, just more human which is good. Waiting to see how the plot eventually starts to unravel, although I wish the ordeal with the Uber driver was more drawn out. Felt like he died too quickly

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

Chapters 6-8 are my least favorite chapters, so I was probably pretty sloppy and not putting my best.. read more
I think that you should keep writing because you could never know the marvelous things you might create in the end. I think that the story is still on the road. I really enjoy it and I think you should keep writing! I really want to know the end.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

I'm going to keep writing it, because from the feedback I'm getting people want to see more. I'm jus.. read more
AAAAWWWWWWWW! I was so sacred of what will happen next, but I was so relieved when Louis came to save her. I love this story and I am really enjoying it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This chapter has a lot of tension and fear. I've never taken an Uber and now I don't ever want too. Yeah, Louis does seem to be getting more emotional, except for when he killed the driver. It kind of made me shiver at how emotionless (except for disgust at the driver) Louis was about the whole ordeal. I'm so excited for the next chapter!! :)

P.S. Sorry, I seemed to have missed the notification for this chapter. It was really cool though!!! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2017
Tags: angels, demons, guardians, school, fantasy, sci-fi


Author

kaylahardy120
kaylahardy120

MI



About
I've been writing since I was about 5 and loved it ever since. I write fantasy, romance, horror, and fan fiction. I'm basically a college student just struggling through life and writing in my spa.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by kaylahardy120



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Preface Preface

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 5 Chapter 5

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 6 Chapter 6

A Chapter by kaylahardy120