Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by kaylahardy120

LOUIS’S POV


It was only my third time in the FCG’s headquarters, but it never failed to make me feel ill the moment I walked through the fancy glass double-doors. All eyes were on me as I walked up to the receptionist. She looked how everybody else in the room did; terrified. I gave her a quick smile as I signed the sheet in front of me. I looked up at her and she grabbed the clipboard with shaking hands.


“He’ll, uh, be with you in a moment,” she spoke in almost a whisper.


“Thank you,” I took a seat away room the general population and thumbed through some Holy magazines in the waiting area. As I lazily glanced at the pictures in the magazine, I couldn’t help thinking about Noelle and if she was doing alright. It pissed me off how much I was starting to care for her, but it was the stupid guardian side of me coming out. Maybe it was because she fought back; it wasn’t as fun to pick on her when she tried to keep up with me.


“Louis,” a man’s voice echoed through the room. I looked up to see the old man, head of FCG, Allan looking at me. I stood up from my chair followed him back to his office. I was relieved to be going to his office because that meant that they weren’t having a meeting with me and I wouldn’t have to give up being a guardian. He gestured to an oversized armchair and I sank into it. He walked around his huge oak desk and sat down, folding his hands on top of the desk.


“It’s nice to see you again, Louis,” Allan spoke, but I could see how entirely fake this whole meetup was going to be.


“What do you want Allan? I’d rather not spend my time around here with all these-”


“Be quiet, Louis. You think you’re above everyone here, but you know you aren’t,” he spat and I rolled my eyes, slumping back in the chair with my arms across my chest. I licked my lips as I met his eyes and saw them narrowed down at me.


“I’m checking in on you and making sure you’re abiding the laws of the Guardians,” Allan continued, sliding his glasses onto his face; which enhanced his clear blue eyes. He looked down at a stack of papers and then back up at me.


“How are things going, generally speaking?” he asked, marking the pages while I just watched.


“Fine. Just fine,” I spoke through gritted teeth. I could feel the anger pulsing through me. I’d met Allan once before and he was constantly making my blood boil.


“Noelle’s adjusting just fine to having a demon in her life?” Allan replied, looking at me quizzically.


“Yeah,” I answered bluntly.


“Well, she always was an odd girl,” he trailed off and I closed my eyes and bit my tongue to stop myself from snapping at him. As much as I didn’t want to be a guardian, I didn’t want to go back to Hell even more.


“Where’s your wristband?” Allan called out, never looking at me. I swallowed hard and ruffled my hair a bit.


“You know she gets sick if we’re not together when wearing the bands, so I figured out a way to take it off so she wouldn’t get sick. I just thought-”


“Those bands are not for you to worry about. That is a very serious offense Mr. Seafer,” Allan’s voice rang out cold and sharp. I had never been intimidated by anyone, much less Allan, but I found myself feeling nervous as I stared at his cold eyes.


“I was protecting her from getting sick. How is that a bad thing?” I questioned and Allan just shook his head and set the papers down.


“We would’ve taken care of that for you. If it happens again, there will serious consequences,” he spoke and I fought the itch to roll my eyes and call bullshit on them.


“Listen, Louis. You know your time is limited and they aren’t going to wait much longer,” his voice continued to drone on, but I was blocking him out. I didn’t want to hear about time. Everything was just time; ever since I’d found out about being a guardian time was a factor.


“Okay, I know. Yes, I’ll figure it out,” I spoke, standing up and walking to the door. I was about to walk out, but two guards appeared. I looked back at Allan and I chewed on my lip.


“Is there something you aren’t telling me?” he questioned and I shook my head; an uneasy feeling washing over me with every second I had to stand in that office.


“Wait, don’t tell me you’re actually starting to like being a guardian. You know that is completely out of the question,” he laughed, his words cutting into me. I shook my head and cracked my knuckles nervously. Allan waved his hand and the guards opened up a pathway for me.


“Don’t get comfortable and don’t waste time,” Allan said with a cold-a*s glare. I didn’t even give him a wave; I just wanted to get the hell out of there.


* * * *


NOELLE’S POV


I was walking to my car after class when Louis literally fell from the sky onto the top of my car. I screamed, dropping all my binders and school supplies as he jumped off and started helping me pick up my things.


“I’m sorry, I couldn’t really help where I landed,” he smirked while my heart continued to race. I looked over at the roof of my car and I groaned. I gestured to it and Louis spun around to look at it. He waved it off, walking over and just by touching it, began to fix the damage he’d done.


“Well, I guess I can’t be too mad if you’re able to fix it,” I laughed, getting into my car and Louis getting in the passenger’s seat. I gave him his wristband and he snapped it on extremely fast. As I started the car I saw his leg bouncing and his fingers tapping against his kneecaps. I looked up to his face to see him unfocused; which was completely out of his character.


“So, uh, how’d it go with FCG?” I asked quickly and he looked at me with a frown, but then nodded with a deep breath.


“It was fine. Just a little check-up,” he replied nonchalant.


“Did you tell them that you’ve been a wonderful little dick to me since we’ve met?” I grumbled and he dramatically laughed out, slapping his knee as if what I had said was the funniest thing he had ever heard. A moment later his face was stone cold.


“You wish,” he snapped and I shrugged.


“Worth a shot,” I breathed, pulling into the driveway and getting out of the car. Before I could grab my things from the backseat, Louis was grabbing them. I watched him in pleasant surprise as I followed him inside.


“What, did they threaten you or something?” I scoffed and he glared at me.


“Maybe I should tell them to call you in more often!” I cheered, walking to my bedroom and changing into my sweats. While I was in my room, I could hear Louis mumbling out in the living room.


“I just need a little more time,” he whispered and I frowned, leaning my ear against my door.


“Yeah well, nobody has exactly made this easy for me, so cut me some slack,” he continued and I could tell he was getting frustrated, but also stressed.


“Ah, f**k you then,” he spat and I heard him sigh loudly. I waited in my room for a minute before I walked out to see him raiding my fridge of any and all food he could find. He wasn’t being neat about it either; food was flying everywhere as he aggressively began eating.


“Louis!” I cried, looking at the mess all over my kitchen. He refused to meet my gaze, but I knew something was wrong and it had to with the FCG.


“Hey, come on. Talk to me,” I spoke, touching his arm, which was an extremely bad idea. As soon as I touched him, he grasped my wrist and threw me across the room. After that, everything was black.


© 2017 kaylahardy120


Author's Note

kaylahardy120
Played a little with Louis's pov. Yay or nay? Also, I honestly have no idea what I'm even writing about. I'm just letting it happen and hoping it'll all work out eventually.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OH.MY.GOD. This chapter is just a whirlwind. Oh boy I'm just shocked. As always, beautiful job and I'm so nervous/excited to see why Louis needs more time! I still can't believe that he hurt Noelle! It was a great plot twist though. I'm so nervous for the next chapter!!! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

Luckily, chapter 7 has been uploaded (:



Reviews

I honestly want to know what Allan was talking about when he said Louis doesn't have much time. Man lemme read the rest lool. Great Chapter btw Kayla

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

Thank you (: Glad you liked it!
I loved the ending so much! Well, I mostly liked it because a frustrated guy will hurt the girl and then he will be all nice and sweet. ;)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

But he's a demon, so he might not be so nice and sweet... ):
OH.MY.GOD. This chapter is just a whirlwind. Oh boy I'm just shocked. As always, beautiful job and I'm so nervous/excited to see why Louis needs more time! I still can't believe that he hurt Noelle! It was a great plot twist though. I'm so nervous for the next chapter!!! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kaylahardy120

7 Years Ago

Luckily, chapter 7 has been uploaded (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2017
Tags: angels, demons, guardians, school, fantasy, sci-fi


Author

kaylahardy120
kaylahardy120

MI



About
I've been writing since I was about 5 and loved it ever since. I write fantasy, romance, horror, and fan fiction. I'm basically a college student just struggling through life and writing in my spa.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by kaylahardy120



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Preface Preface

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 5 Chapter 5

A Chapter by kaylahardy120


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by kaylahardy120