Big sister??

Big sister??

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson
"

Raelyn finds out she's gonna have a sister

"
A few months ago, mom and dad pulled me aside saying that I get to be a big sister. My first reaction was,

“WHAT?!? WHY?!?! Am I not enough for you?”

Mom grabs me and holds me close saying,

“No baby. You are wonderful and perfect. So perfect in fact that we wanted another one just like you.”

“Oh. I am pretty great. I guess I'd want another me too.”

This makes my parents laugh. Now back to present. My birthday was a few weeks ago and we're at the hospital because my little sibling decided that today is the day to be born. My dad is in the room with my mom and the doctors but I get stuck out here. I see Mrs. Williams come in the door and Kahlan right behind her. Now I won't be bored. Kahlan walks over and hands me a mixed up rubiks cube.

“How am I supposed to solve this?”

“I'm gonna teach you.”

“Oh, good I was worried for a second.”

She signals for me to sit in her lap. One “tiny” gay panic attack later due to my immense crush on her, I slowly walk over and sit down. If she says it's ok then I'm ok with it too. She starts showing me how the cube works and moves and I'm beginning to understand. Right as we solve it, my dad comes in and says the baby is here. I hop up quickly dragging Kahlan along with me.

“You have to be quiet when you go in. The baby is sleeping.”

My dad tells me. Mom signals me over and I climb on the bed with her and the baby.

“This is your sister Chyler. Now, I want you to promise me something, Raelyn.”

“Yeah?”

“I want you to promise me that you will always take care of her and protect her. Keep her safe no matter what. “

“Yeah mom, I can do that. I promise.”

“And you too young lady. Ms. Kahlan. You get to keep both of these knuckleheads in check and you have my permission to beat Raelyn up a bit if she gets out of line.”

“Yes ma'am. You have my word.”

At this point, I interrupt the conversation.

“Can I hold my sister now?”

“Absolutely.”


© 2018 Kayla Wilson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on April 25, 2018
Last Updated on April 25, 2018
Tags: baby, Rubiks cube


Author

Kayla Wilson
Kayla Wilson

Powder Springs, GA



About
I'm a non binary asexual bean. I've had alot of bad thing happen in my life. Writing is how I vent. Any criticism (in its kind form) will be appreciated. more..

Writing
Dog park Dog park

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson


She's gone She's gone

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson