Date night

Date night

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson
"

Cute date ends bad??

"
Tonight is date night. We've been looking forward to tonight for week. Kahlan I have had to wait till our exams were over just to have free night off from studying. Neither of us has much money but we always have fun with each other.

Since she planned the last date, it's my turn to plan tonight's events. Kahlan took us to Steak n Shake and then to an animal shelter to play with puppies. Somehow I have to top that. How is one supposed to top milkshakes and puppies??? She may have beaten me for best date ever, but we'll have fun just the same.

The date begins right after Kahlan gets back to the dorm and changes clothes. I tell her it's a dress casual night and when she exits our room, she's wearing one of the gayest outfits known to lesbians. She's wearing black vans, gray ripped jeans, a black t-shirt with a blue and black flannel tied around her waist. To top it all off she's wearing a snapback.

WAIT!!

THAT'S MY SNAPBACK!!!

Now that I'm looking at her, the shirt is one of my band showshirts and the flannel is one she gave me for my birthday. I would steal her clothes but I'm too tall for most of them and or they would rip, so I settle for stealing her hat.

Finally, we're ready to leave. I snag the keys to Kahlan's car while she's not looking before we head out the door. I yell goodbye to Nika and Flo before I leave and they both give me the middle finger.

Kahlan and I start walking down the stairs talking about how our day went. I can tell that she can't find her keys cause she keeps touching her pockets. When we get to the bottom of the stairs, she finally asks me if I know where they are.

“Babe, where are my keys?”

I smirk at her and hold the keys high above her head.

“You mean these keys?”

“Yes, those keys.”

I shake my head and she tries to jump and reach.

“Sorry special K. Ain't happening.”

I can see on her face she loves the nickname, but she still wants her keys.

“What? Why not?”

“Cause you can't drive if you don't know where we're going.”

She understands the logic but she still wants to drive her car. She never lets anyone touch her other baby. She loves her car like another girlfriend. Sometimes I'm a little jealous of the car, but if I had a 1963 Corvette Stingray, I'd never let anyone touch it either. It's a sexy car. Royal blue fade to black from hood to backend.

“I, Raelyn Carter, do solemnly swear to not wreck this sexy a*s beast of a car.”

I say it right hand raised, keys in left hand, with the biggest smile on my face. Apparently it's enough to convince her because she stops trying to grab the keys and gets in the passenger side as I hold the door for her like a true gentlewoman.

I walk around and get in the driver's seat buckling in. I put the keys in the ignition and crank it. You hear it's starting roar and then the beautiful purr. I start driving and Kahlan starts playing music off my phone for background. I pull up to our dining destination and Kahlan is vibrating in her seat. Super excited. I'm taking my girl to Otter Chicken for dinner.

I get my wallet out as we walk inside ready for our usual order. Two number sevens, One Hot with blue cheese, The other extra spicy with ranch and a large basket of fried mushrooms to spit. I pay and grab our drink cups. We both want cherry coke so I fill this up before taking our number to our seats.

As the food I start stealing Kahlan's fries. This does not go unnoticed by my girlfriend.

“Raelyn, why are you stealing my fries?”

“Cause yours are better.”

I try to make it seem like it's the most obvious answer in the history of the universe.

“But you have your own fries though.”

“But yours are soooooooo goooooood!!!”

I whine to try and convince her but she smacks my hand away.

“Eat your own fries Carter.”

When she uses my last name I know she means business so I stop eating hers…..for now. We finish dinner enjoying each other's company and Kahlan's phone rings. It's gotta be an emergency. No one calls us on date night. Kahlan sees caller ID and picks up.

“Hey mom, what's up?”

When Mrs. Williams calls it's usually about something cool Chyler did while at school. Or Chyler just wants to talk to us. It's not the case. I watch Kahlan's face change from smiles to concern and then to fury. A look of pure unstoppable anger.

“HE DID WHAT?!?!?!”

She is livid and she keeps looking at me with her sad and angry eyes. She snatches the keys from my hand and we haul a*s to get to the car. We buckle in and Kahlan speaks again.

“Mom I'm putting you on speaker.”

We immediately hear Mrs. Williams through the phone rambling.

“It's not good Raelyn. There was glass everywhere and blood, and she was crying so much. I've never seen an arm bend like that in my whole life.”

“Mom, slow down, what's going on?”

“It's Chyler.”

My world screeches to a halt.

“I went to go check the house like I usually do, make sure your sister is ok, that kind of thing. So I pull up and the door is cracked. I call 911 cause I know it can't be good and I start describing everything to the operator. I can hear crying from the hallway and I can see your father passed out on the sofa. I dodge the glass on the floor walking down the hallway. I find Chyler in your old room arm bent and broken. Emergency crews arrive and we get Chyler to the hospital. Your father gets arrested.”

Kahlan's driving as fast as she can getting us to the hospital and her mom keeps talking.

“The officers are saying the charges won't stick cause we can't make Chyler testify and there's no real evidence that he hurt her. The doc is fixing her arm now.”

Kahlan hangs up the phone as we pull up to the hospital. I'm rushing inside and Mrs. Williams comes out of the back to take us to Chyler.

“She's asleep right now. The Doctor wanted her calm to work on her feet. She wanted a blue cast cause it's your color.”

I try to smile but all I want is my sister. We get to the room just as the Doc finishes. He starts talking but I'm not listening. I'm watching my sister's face, kissing her on the forehead, moving her hair out of her face. I'll be making calls to lawyers by the end of the day. My father doesn't deserve her and Chyler doesn't deserve this pain. I'm gonna take custody and I'll keep her safe.


© 2018 Kayla Wilson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on April 25, 2018
Last Updated on April 25, 2018
Tags: Descriptions of abuse, cute date, broken bones, sexy car


Author

Kayla Wilson
Kayla Wilson

Powder Springs, GA



About
I'm a non binary asexual bean. I've had alot of bad thing happen in my life. Writing is how I vent. Any criticism (in its kind form) will be appreciated. more..

Writing
Dog park Dog park

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson


Big sister?? Big sister??

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson