Confrontation

Confrontation

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson
"

Raelyn has to face her father

"
It's been over 2 months since the funeral and marching season has started. I've had to hold it together for my sister but it's getting hard. Dad keeps drinking during the day and stumbling into the house at night. He wakes up screaming about how his precious Sara is gone and he still blames it on me.

“If it weren't for your damn concert, she wouldn't have been in the f*****g car. She would still be here if it weren't for you!”

I can tell it's only going to get worse. I managed to make food for me and my sister everyday, even packed lunches for band because my sister comes with me. I wake us up extra early every morning it's just so we can walk there. Kahlan's mom is nice enough to drive us home after practice.

Ah, Kahlan.

She has been my rock through everything. Holding me, helping with my sister. Her mom has been amazing too. Mrs. Williams has been making sure that we have food in the house. She'll sometimes yell at my dad to make sure he gets to work so that bill still get paid and we get money for groceries. Mrs. Williams knew my mom well and she would always promised her that she would take care of her children if anything bad would happen. She's even let us stay at her house sometimes just to make sure we're safe.

Now the last day of band count and dad showed up to this performance. Of course he's drunk and stumbling about and he starts getting rowdy once it's over. My band director, the hero that he is, walks over and let him know that he doesn't want to make a scene here. Mrs. Williams offers to take us to her place instead of going home with him. I tell her to take my sister cuz I know I have to face whatever is coming tonight. So, Mrs. Williams hugs me and tells me that one day it'll be okay and then let's Kahlan come talk to me. She hugs me close, kisses me on the cheek and tells me to come home when I'm ready.

I walk home getting my thoughts together, preparing myself for what might happen. He'll be drunk and mad but I know I need to face them. I also need to grab clothes for me and my sister. Shoes, glasses, her stuffed animals and favorite blankie. All the stuff that either of us would need when we stay over at someone else's house.

My dad is sitting in the living room asleep. He has a beer in his hand when I walk in the front door. I move silently through the house, grabbing what I need quickly and quietly so that I don't wake him. I put everything and duffle bags, including the backup money mom always had for us. In total I have 3 duffle bags worth of stuff my only problem is the Escape Plan. There are glass bottles everywhere on the floor. I accidentally knock one of them over and dominos broken glass litter the floor and allow crash. All of that noise finally wakes him but now my long legs have carried me all the way out the door. I'm already down the street before he can even get off the couch.

I know that staying with Mrs. Williams isn't permanent. Me being 12 and my sister being 6 he will be given custody no matter what. But for now, laying in Kahlan's arms I can finally sleep. No nightmares, no screaming, just sleep with her heart beating under my ear.


© 2018 Kayla Wilson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on April 25, 2018
Last Updated on April 25, 2018
Tags: Verbal abuse, band, drinking


Author

Kayla Wilson
Kayla Wilson

Powder Springs, GA



About
I'm a non binary asexual bean. I've had alot of bad thing happen in my life. Writing is how I vent. Any criticism (in its kind form) will be appreciated. more..

Writing
Dog park Dog park

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson


Big sister?? Big sister??

A Chapter by Kayla Wilson