chapter 3: The Job and The Meeting

chapter 3: The Job and The Meeting

A Chapter by Alexis Markum

      Eventually  i got a job at one of the clubs that Marianna played at as a bartender. Granted I was only 16 and in the united states they never would have allowed it, but it was different here in France. The job paid well. I usually made 125 dollars a week plus any tips the drunken English men gave. Between my job and Marianna's we had enough money to pay the bill for the apartment.

     One night I was at work and this wealthy young man walks up to the bar and asked for a water. I looked at the man and said "you sure you don't want anything stronger I mean you are at a club it would only make since to drink and dance." The young man looked up with his crystal blue eyes and said " No madam I don't drink liquor I prefer to stay sober while out in public. now in the comfort of my home that is a different story."  he looked down and when he looked back up he had this goofy smile on his face, and said " I was joking madam I do not drink in the presence of young women, I do not think it is gentlemen like. I realize I just meet you but would you mind if I took you out to dinner?" I looked up at him and stared deep into those crystal blue eyes, and before I could stop and think I answered " yes, I would love to go to dinner with you but only on one condition." he looked at me and asked " And what might that be?" I thought how to word what I was going to say and when I finally had it I said "Your name. What's your name?" He looked at me long and hard and as he turned to walk away he said "Christian." I stood there dumbfounded and wondering what I had just done.

    When I picked up the glass that the young mans water had been in I found a piece of paper with the name Christian and a phone number on it, then I remembered we didn't set a date for out dinner out together. honestly I didn't know if I would call him to set one up or not. Granted he was a dashing young man with his blonde hair, blue eyes, that French accent, and the fact that he is very respectable the first time meeting someone. first impressions are everything after all, right? 



© 2013 Alexis Markum


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on May 25, 2013
Last Updated on May 25, 2013


Author

Alexis Markum
Alexis Markum

Woodbury, TN



About
hi i'm alexis and i love to write anything that comes to mind. more..

Writing