~moving~ [chapter1]

~moving~ [chapter1]

A Chapter by lovely haerts

Once upon a time there was a man. There was an ordinary man just like any other man. On a special night �" the night of his wedding anniversary �" was a stormy thunderous night. Winds lashed at him and tore at his cloths, nearly forcing the gift out of his pocket. as he tried to walk swiftly through the rain he heard a thunderous noise from above him. He looked up to a flash and woke up an hour later in his wife’s lap.

            “You were so close to the house,” he heard her sob into his ear. “I saw the whole thing and could do nothing! Nothing!” she had just begun to get hysterical when the man answered.

            “What happened out there? His voice husky. His wife froze, paralyzed with fear.

            “You were hit by lightning” she whispered, her hysteria gone now that she knew he was ok she slowly unclenched his clothes. The man looked up at her and noticed the tears streaking down her face. He sat up and tenderly wiped them away.

            “It’s ok,” He consoled her. “I’m ok.”

            “I almost lost you,” her voice cracked and she sobbed into his neck.

            “Shhh,” he shook his head at her “no need to cry, tonight is ours. A symbol of our love” slowly, looking into her eyes, he bent down to kiss her. “A symbol of our marriage,” She added into his ear, slightly smiling.

           

            That was the night Izac and jack smith were conceived.

Nine months later they were born.

 

(a few years later)

They were as close as close can be. They were twins. Sure they fought �" but not like any other twins fought. These were no ordinary boys. Quite the contrary. They were united by the things they felt. They were thunder and lightning! Izac smith had lightning in his veins and jack smith had thunder in his genes. Unfortunately they were orphans. The lightning eventually caught up to their father and he died shortly after their mother realized she was with child. Their mother died in childbirth. Having no one else, the boys stuck together. They were clever little boys and knew not to tell anyone about their ‘gifts.’ They had some trouble controlling them when they were small. But the people at the orphanage were not that bright and never the connection.

            They knew each other’s strengths and weaknesses and on the rare occasion that they weren’t mad at each other they helped each other train and try to master their power. The only thing that brought them together besides training was their daily ritual, every night they got together near the fire ember’s glow and read the poem written on that noisy stormy night the were conceived. It was one of the two scant thing left to them that belonged to their parents. The other item was a tiny silver locket. It was the only thing their lonely depressed mother had when she died (the present from that stormy night) and it was left to them. No matter how mad or enraged they were from each other, every day they put their feelings aside to read the lovely love poem written by their father, for their mother. After reading the poem they would then look into the locket. On the left was a picture of their father and on the right, their mother.

 As their lives continued and the boys grew up they made sure they weren’t adopted. At this age they knew it was a bad idea to have to relocate their lives what with training and controlling their powers. They also seemed to realize that if they were adopted the new parents would most likely pay close attention to their new children and they would lose the privacy that comes with being neglected that is so essential to keeping their powers secret. Not to mention the unbearable chance of getting separated.

            Once they’d become teenagers they were able to get jobs and their own home. As they left the sanctuary of the foster home they decided to live in the forest nearby for a while in order to figure out if they had any other powers. As they got ready to leave they had forgotten their ritual in the excitement of moving. They shared a disappointed look as they realized what that meant. It was the first time they ever forgot. That night they repeated the ritual twice to make up for missing it the night before.

            That night as they camped in the forest the boys saw how the forest was a disastrous mess. They looked around at the drooping trees and dead leaves.

“What’s going on,” asked Jack. “I’ve never noticed how bad the conditions were before.”          

“We have to do something,” Izac replied.

“What can we do?” Jack spat at his brother. “We’ve never even been in the forest before today, not to mention the place is dying �" we can’t save it.”

“We wont save it. We’ll burn it.” Izac whispered

He had a mischievous gleam in his eye. Jack’s eyes narrowed in response.

“What are you planning, Izac?” jack’s voice was harsh.

“I’ll use my lightning --” Izac started.

“And ill use my thunder, but for what?”

Jack cut him off.

“To start a storm? How would that help?” jack stood up and paced, kicking a rock in front of him. Izac studied his brother quietly, knowing that if he waited long enough jack would stop being stubborn and it would click in his head.

“Wait,” jack stopped pacing. “When you said, use your lightning, you didn’t mean --” He stopped short and looked at his brother. Izac had been nodding ever since jack stopped pacing. He gave jack some time for it to sink in. “Burn the forest with your lightning.” Jack gave his brother a flat look. -__- It wasn’t a question.

“And what would I do with my thunder? Scare the animals?” as he said this he saw how shabby the animals looked, his eyebrows shot up.

“Not scare. Warn,” Izac corrected his brother. “they’ll hear the thunder and see the lightning and fire start and put two and two together. They’ll know to run. Not to mention the beautiful forest that will grow out of the ashes,” he said the last sentence softly. Then added, “just think of all the forests we can help. It’s a rebirth, a second chance.” Hope filled his voice as he realized what he was saying was not only to persuade his brother but ultimately true. Almost as if Jack could sense his brother’s honesty, a grin crept up his face and he looked up into his brother’s eyes. “what are you waiting for? Lets go start some forest fires!”

 

That was the beginning of all forest fires.



© 2012 lovely haerts


Author's Note

lovely haerts
please comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on September 6, 2012
Last Updated on September 6, 2012


Author

lovely haerts
lovely haerts

New York, NY



About
I love purple. I love to read and listen to music. I love reading. I am an amateur writer. This is my first time experimenting with writing. I really appreciate feed back, no matter what it is. .. more..

Writing