~ Getting Help ~ [chapter 2]

~ Getting Help ~ [chapter 2]

A Chapter by lovely haerts

“Lets do this!” Izac said jumping with excitement. Jack watched his brother quietly. He felt the same thrill as his younger brother but sighed thinking of the consequences if things should get out of hand. Jack had always been the more responsible type and Izac the more cunning and scheming type. “We can go all around the world, reviving forests!” Izac grinned. Jack gave Izac a serious look.

            “It takes decades for the forests to grow back, Izac. We can’t just burn them all down. These things take time.” Jack told his brother brining him back to reality.

            “So we’ll wait for a while before we burn another forest. There’s no rush,” Izac shrugged.

            “And what happens if things get out of control? If the animals don’t get that my thunder is a signal AND STAY IN THERE? We can’t just do something like this, Izac. We don’t know what we’re getting ourselves into.” Jack saw the way his brother’s shoulders sag and regretted being so harsh. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt to do it though. I mean we are helping the earth get better and �"” He was cut off by his brother crashing into him in a bear hug, grinning like crazy.

            Izac really wanted to do this and he knew that jack was most likely disapprove. But this was for the greater good. Right? Besides his brother couldn’t think him a complete idiot. He had thought this through. He knew they couldn’t do this on their own. They would need to get help. Fire was not something to be played with. They would need to find somewhere else to live if their house got caught in the fire. They also have to get the people warned. You never know when people go take walks through the forest. Even in ones as dead as this one.

            The smith twins sat in silence as they both contemplated the whole ordeal. They knew something like this would risk getting their powers discovered. There was also the fact that they couldn’t just burn down the whole forest at once if they were to keep it controlled. Otherwise the fire might spread too far and get to the near by town. Not to mention completely destroy their house. There was also the ash problem. They didn’t want to jeopardize the children’s health. No. This had to be completely thought out. There could be no mistakes. Jack stood up and started pacing again.

            “ We need to involve the authorities.” Izac shook his head furiously.

            “No! we cant trust them! They will just brand us witches or warlocks or something just as ridiculous.” Izac exclaimed. Jack stayed quiet. He never told his brother this but he believed in those so called ridiculous things as his brother so kindly put it. If him and Izac had powers, who’s to say others didn’t. Its also what had made him do what he did all those years ago. It almost got between him and his brother. But weather or not they existed was not the issue. It was the way the authority’s dealt with them. They were drowned and hung. No. They can’t trust anyone.

            “How will we get help?” Jack said, pacing again. Izac sighed.

            “We will see, brother, tomorrow. It is late. We need to rest.” He stood and left. Not waiting for his brother’s response.

           

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Brianna went to bed crying that night. She hated it here. This place was so much worse than the orphanage. She was homesick for a place that was never even really her home. Alas, she could do nothing to change the decision that she had mad in coming here. They had been so nice to her when she’d first met them at the orphanage. The elderly women had told her about her newly wed daughter leaving her while the old man sat and nodded along.

“You can have all of her things. They’re so beautiful, but oh. She outgrew them so fast. You would look stunning in them!” the women gushed with promises of taking good care of Brianna. She couldn’t help but fall for their little act. It was everything she’d dreamed of. Finding real parents. She and the other girls at the orphanage spent their nights whispering of becoming of age with a real family. They all thought she was so lucky. No one wanted a nearly teenage girl to adopt. And such a lovely couple wanted her. She sighed thinking of how happy she had been then. The only thing that had tarnished that memory was saying good bye to him.

She thought about him now, wiping away her tears. He had been like a long lost brother to her. He still was. Even his twin couldn’t get between them. He had protected her from the foster parents to the bullies. He always had her back. She had felt guilty about leaving but he too had insisted she go.

“Think about your future,” he said seriously. “soon you will be of age and will need a chaperone to go to balls and such. Not to mention all the costly gowns. You need to save your money for school remember, Bri?” she smiled at the nickname. Everyone else called her Anna, even his twin. “They might even pay for that for you. You’re so smart, Bri, you could be anything you dream of,” She knew he was right and was glad to know he would be leaving with his twin as well. She wasn’t leaving him. They were both leaving the orphanage. She fell asleep thinking of her savior.



© 2012 lovely haerts


Author's Note

lovely haerts
please comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on September 6, 2012
Last Updated on September 6, 2012


Author

lovely haerts
lovely haerts

New York, NY



About
I love purple. I love to read and listen to music. I love reading. I am an amateur writer. This is my first time experimenting with writing. I really appreciate feed back, no matter what it is. .. more..

Writing