Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

An introduction to this anthology.

"

Hello,

 

My name is Miles Watson.  And I am the author of this fanfiction that you have decided to read.  If you are reading this introduction without having read my other books, “RWBY: Order of Seasons” and “RWBY: War of Seasons”, then I highly recommend you read those two books before reading this anthology.  They are both available on this very website on my profile page fully completed.  Now, how is it that I have managed to write two full fanfiction books and now an anthology?  Allow me to go into a bit of backstory.  Back in 2015, I was introduced to the world of RWBY.  An amazing web series created by Monty Oum, who was an amazing artist that was taken from this world far too soon.  The original show is still running at the time of writing this, having just finished its ninth season (admittedly it has gotten kind of hit or miss over the years).  But if you are reading this fanfiction, you more than likely are already aware of this show and how its world works.  If not, then I recommend watching the show.  The first several seasons are on Youtube, and a few of the more recent seasons you can watch for free on Roster Teeth’s website.  So instead of going in depth on how the world of RWBY works, I will move on to something different.  When I first watched the show, I was in love.  I loved the characters, I loved the world, I loved the action.  And as someone who was studying for a Film Production Major with a minor in Creative Writing at the time, my creative gears started turning.  I started playing with ideas in my head of what it would be like if I were in the world of RWBY.  Then, I began thinking about what it would be like if not just myself, but me and some of my closest friends were in the world of RWBY.  I pitched it to the group asking them if they were okay with me doing this, and they said yes.  And that’s when I began writing “Order of Seasons”.  I had a ton of fun with that one, and everybody enjoyed it.  Years later, some personal things happened in my life that I won’t get into, and so I decided to write “War of Seasons” initially as a coping mechanism for myself, but then due to other events that I will not get into here, I shared it with my friends.  That one was fun to write from a writer’s level given the nature of the story and ideas I got to play with as well as return to the world with more writing experience under my belt, but from a personal level, it was exhausting.  And as much as I do think the ending works, it was not as fun as the ending of “Order”.  So after completing “War”, I decided to do something that I had wanted to do when I finished “Order” but ran out of steam from juggling writing and schoolwork.  An anthology series.  There are a lot of original characters in these two books, and for the longest time, I’ve wanted to write about some of the other stories that take place in this world they all live in.  In truth, I’m actually a little bit glad that I am writing this anthology after finishing “War”, because that story has opened a lot of new possibilities that I want to explore in this anthology.  But by far, my favorite part of this idea is that I will get to showcase my friends far more than they have been previously portrayed in these books.  Back when I was writing Episode 2 of “Order”, my good friend Christy came to me and mentioned that she felt like nothing more than a side character in the story to that point.  Somebody who was interchangeable and didn’t make an impact on the overall narrative.  I immediately course-corrected and made a story change that ended up working for the better and gave her more time to shine.  But that was only one moment, in a cavalcade of moments within these two books that other characters have had moments to shine, sometimes several.  And with the introduction of the next generation in “War”, I had even more characters who needed to share the scene and story, causing others to either only get brief moments or nothing at all sometimes.  And that’s why this is so exciting.  I can put the focus on each of my friends individually as their characters go on adventures of their own.  And not just that, but add new characters as well.  Two more of my good friends who also enjoy RWBY will be joining this story in the anthology series!  You will meet their characters once their stories are ready and completed.  All in all, I am excited to partake in this endeavor.  And I do hope you stick around for all of it.  If you have been following along since the beginning and have read each and every chapter of this lengthy fanfiction, I thank you.  For this first anthology, I will be focusing primarily on my IRL friends and their character’s stories.  I do have plans for a second anthology focusing on the original characters that I created, as well as some other stories focusing on hidden secrets of Remnant and this world’s history in both volumes.  Now, if you are joining in after having read the end of “War” and are curious about the cliffhanger that I left it on and when I will get to writing “Book 3”, you may have to wait far longer than anticipated.  First and foremost, the anthologies are my focus.  But most importantly, due to personal reasons related to my real life, there will be no book 3 unless certain things change in my life, which may or may not ever come to pass.  I hope they do, but until then, I will forge forwards with this anthology, and hope you enjoy these stories of mine.



© 2023 Miles W.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Miles W.
Please read/review/enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on January 2, 2021
Last Updated on July 10, 2023
Tags: Adventure, Action, Anime, Fan Fiction, RWBY

RWBY: Anthology of Seasons: First Steps


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.