Episode Ty: Chapter 1: Heir

Episode Ty: Chapter 1: Heir

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 1 of Ty's story.

"

Revered By All

Stands Tall In the World

This is The One Who Stands Above

And Guides Your Life.

So What Makes You

Yourself?

 

 

 

Two Years Before The Battle of Vytal

The Kingdom of Mistral

Local Base of the Demon Slayers Faction

 

 

 

 

            Ty flipped through one of the random comics he had left in the living quarters during one of his previous visits.  He wouldn’t be staying long, he knew his old man would be rolling up eventually and things would get underway.  As he sat in the room, one of the many Huntsmen stationed there knocked on the door and peeked inside.

            “Can I get you anything sir?”  Ty sighed as the Huntsman had this weird grin on his face.  He closed the comic and tilted his head at the Huntsman and said,

            “My old man hates that kind of behavior.  What makes you think I’m any different?”

            Oh, I’m sorry Mr. Boyer, it’s just that….”

            “Just call me Ty.  I’m not big wig politician or something stupid like that.”

            “Well, with all due respect sir, you are the son of the founder of this group and….”

            “Did you not hear a single word I said?” Ty said with a groan.

            “Sorry sir I just…….”

            “Oh for the love of……”

            “It’s just, we’ve heard so many stories about your father, and in tandem stories about you, so you know, I just wanted to put some respect on the legend.  The Demon Hunter Vergil and his son, Ty “Dante” Boyer.  By the way, how did you get that title?”

            “Trust me, it’s far stupider than whatever fanfic you’ve created in your head.”

            “Oh I doubt anything I can think of would even come close to the awesomeness of you or your father’s legend and….”

            “And now I’m going to shut the door on your face” Ty said pushing the Huntsman out of his room.  “Just leave me alone, I’m just one of the guys.  Ok?  Ok.  Bye.”  With that, Ty shut the door, leaving the Huntsman kind of bewildered standing right outside the door.  He eventually started to walk away, leaving Ty to peace and quiet.  But only for a few moments.  Not long after, he heard the roar of the engines of an airship coming in for a landing.  He tossed the comic aside, grabbed his gear and made his way to the landing platform to see his father Vergil step off the airship sporting his usual big blue trench coat in contrast to Ty’s red trench coat.

            “Kept you waiting, huh?” Vergil said with a wry smile.

            “Enough references dad” Ty said with a sigh.  “We aren’t exactly here for a day trip.

            “Good point.  You read over the dossier I sent you last night?”

            “Yep.  Small village just south of here reports a giant lizard type Grimm in the vicinity, they don’t have the weaponry to deal with such a threat so we’re going out to take care of it for them.”

            “Sounds good.”

            “I did have one question though,” Ty said as Vergil stretched his hands.  “Why did you come here if our objective is out in the boonies?  It would have made a lot more sense if I met you out in the village via airship.”

            “Because son,” Vergil said wrapping his arm around his son, a gigantic grin growing on his face, “when life gives you a unique opportunity, sometimes you just have to take it!”

            “You didn’t…..”

            “I did.”

 

 

 

Three Hours Later

The Wilderness South of Mistral

 

 

 

            Ty and his father tore through the trees on their speeder bikes as they hovered slightly off the ground.  Vergil’s connection with the Atlas military had gotten him many different toys in the past, but this one Ty could tell was making him grin from ear to ear.  As they tore through, the saw a small flock of Ravager Grimm just flapping their wings flying low through the trees alongside Ty and Vergil.

            “Must be the negative emotions from the town” Vergil said.  “We’re close.”  With that, he pulled out his greatsword and took a big swing.  Most of the ravagers died instantly, but a few tried to fly away.  Vergil then waved his other hand over his blade, and it started glowing yellow.  Vergil was a talented Dust Mage, and had infused just about every type into his blue coat, which he could infuse into his sword.  His Semblance was similar to Ty’s in a way, but not exactly.  While Ty’s Semblance provided him with absolute defense against all forms of attacks for a time, Vergil’s provided him specifically resistance to the effects of Dust.  Physical damage still would harm his normal aura, but usually he could run up on a group of criminals and just walk right through the fire of Dust bullets.  As soon as his sword was charged, Vergil swung it and sent out a wave of energy that zapped a few more of the Ravagers.  Ty saw a few of them escape the energy blast, and pulled out his sword, morphed it to bazooka form, then fired it at the last group, reducing them to ashes.

            “Good shot” Vergil said as he reclaimed control of his speeder.

            “Learned from the best the Demon Slayers have to offer.”

            “So you aren’t going to credit your old man at all?”

            “Now why would I do that?”  The two of them laughed and finally reached the edge of the village.  They slowed down so that the few volunteers of the Village Watch didn’t open fire on them by accident.  As they moved in closer, they were greeted by the mayor of the small village.

            “We appreciate you taking the time to come all the way out here” the mayor said shaking Vergil and Ty’s hands.  “We didn’t think somebody of your stature would….”

            “Ugh enough of the flattery” Vergil said with a groan.  “I’m not here to get my feet kissed, I’m here to take down monsters.  So point me.”

            “Very well.  We’ve been seeing several creatures spawning all around the past few weeks.  Normally, the watch can take care of them.  But these things are…. different.”

            “Well most Lizard type Grimm can be a bit much for some folks” Ty said as he pulled up a database of known Grimm types on his Scroll.  “Especially if they evolve and get super big.  But give us a bit of time, and they’ll be out of your hair before…..”

            “No, not like that” the mayor said as he pulled out his own Scroll and opened the photos.  “Different like this.”  He then showed the two of them a photo of a Grimm destroying a part of the village.  But that wasn’t what caught their attention.  What really caught their attention was the bones of the Grimm.  Usually, when a Grimm lives long enough to evolve, it grows white spines out of its body, signaling that it’s survived longer than most of its brethren and by extension even more dangerous.  But these bones were not white, but green.  And not painted green, the green seemed to radiate off the Grimm, even in just a picture of it.  Ty and Vergil looked over the Scroll and worry began to crawl across both their faces.”

            “Okay that’s not good….” Vergil said as he zoomed in on the eyes of the Grimm, which were also glowing green instead of the usual red.  “Anything else you can tell us?”

            “Well it’s the darndest thing” the mayor said taking back his Scroll.  “After the creature had only done a small amount of damage…..” but before he could finish, there was a loud roar.  Everybody turned and saw the green Lizard Grimm once again, but this time it had a horde of baby Stalker type Grimm, who were also glowing green.

            “Well, we wanted information,” Ty said drawing his sword.  “No time like the present.”

            “I could benefit from stretching my legs after a long ride” Vergil said drawing his own katana blade as well.



© 2023 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Please read/review/enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on September 18, 2021
Last Updated on July 10, 2023
Tags: Adventure, Action, Anime, Fan Fiction, RWBY, Sequel

RWBY: Anthology of Seasons: First Steps


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.