CHAPTER 1 - Brothers

CHAPTER 1 - Brothers

A Chapter by Marc Marlon Villaflor
"

Where have all the boys gone-An action/Drama Book of Marc Marlon Villaflor

"

 

A cold night of December everyone’s busy in distributing gifts for the boys. Some of the boys are happy because it is Christmas, while others prefer to stay in their room waiting for the night to fade in ambiguity.

At the rooftop of the old stone house a young soul sneaking in the dark.

A young men  aged of eighteen, tall, bronze pelt, muscular lean body climbed at the top of the old stone house, looking at the dark skies at night, watching for those bright stars shining in the vast blanket of heaven. While looking at the skies he shrugged, wondering. He is thinking about his tedious dreams. Why he always dreams for those people. The peculliar place is something familiar in his mind but he can't figure it out. Those are the questions he can't answers and will always a puzzle.

The place is an old Victorian house surrounded by mountains and rivers. Each gate guarded by mighty soldiers twenty four hours guarding the vicinity.

Joseph used to ask himself why he is here, why is he living in this place?

He is wondering why a lot of kids were also kept in this place. Why the teachers train them every day how to use computers, high powered guns, different techniques of survival and even mastering the martial arts. The soldiers train them how to become strong; they teach the boys how to use deadly blades and even assembling or dismantling explosives.

Life here is a complete opposite on the life that Joseph have seen in his dream.

“Joseph! Come over here!” said the other boy standing right beside the ladder mounted on the brick walls heading to the roof top.

He is an Arab African young man, tall, with a perfect solid lean body, a good swimmer and a great combat fighter; he used to play football with Joseph since they were small and he is Joseph’s best friend.

“Yes Kamal!” Joseph shouted while reaching the ladder, his feet started to move down straight to Kamal.

“Yes Kamal, what’s up bro?”

“Joseph,” Kamal looking to his best-friend little startled as he continues talking.

“Father informed me, (Kamal is referring to the superior priest who commands the entire group), all members of A101 GEN should undergo a laboratory test tomorrow, and the procedure will be conducted by Dr. Wills at the B-521B AGEN Sector Laboratory.

“I never heard that place, where is it?”asked Joseph as he took off his shirt and put it in his broad shoulder.

“I learned it just now that there is a place like that, “Kamal explained to Joseph.

“Dude, all of us knows that the only laboratory we have is Ms. Jean Clinic V2B-F190 located at the second floor, near the gym and artillery room,” Joseph confused reaction to Kamal,

“So where is it?” Joseph still asked.

“Did you call the others?” Joseph again asked Kamal, as the two changed their direction straight to the hallway heading to Joseph's room. His room is located at the third floor.

When Joseph reached his room, he put his right thumb at the top of the scanner mounted beside his door; he looked straight at the optic laser light. The laser beam straight into his iris, scanning his eyes in different direction and perfectly the laser light faded. The embedded Security System also scanned his thumb; the laser light beam to the entire surface scanning continuously and the laser beam this time produce a blue light.

“Welcome Mr. Joseph Rush! Authentication complete!" said by a female Interactive Voice Response from the Security System Protocol.



© 2013 Marc Marlon Villaflor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Marc, nag-volunteer na ako dito kahit parang pang-macho tong story. Hehe.

Parang movie nga. High-tech ka bro. Ang gwapo ng nasa pictures. hehe.



Here's my suggestion: In the 3rd paragraph ( 3rd na un kasi counted yung "At the

rooftop...") ...looking at the dark skies at night, watching for those bright stars

shining in the vast blanket of heaven.---parang awkward yung "looking at the dark

skies at night, because you have mentioned in the preceding paragraph that " a

young soul sneaking in the dark" tapos looking sa dark skies, pero watching those

bright stars shining...You can delete "looking at the dark skies at night" because the

next sentence is "While looking at the skies he shrugged, wondering."


Whew! Parang movie talaga. The term A101 GEN, pang-laboratory ha? Lol. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

nakalista na yun sa tubig ~ :D
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Wow, Pax. Paulit-ulit? Nakikisali nga ako dito oh, kahit pang-macho. Hehe. Mamaya, macho na rin ako... read more
Marc Marlon Villaflor

10 Years Ago

Lol :) hahah



Reviews

Having just read this, I am honoured to be considered alongside you in the Science-Fiction Writing Contest! You definately have a talent for the progression of a story, and an ability to created real characters who interacted naturally. I have only read this chapter so far but I am keen to know where this is headed. An intruiging opening.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Marc, nag-volunteer na ako dito kahit parang pang-macho tong story. Hehe.

Parang movie nga. High-tech ka bro. Ang gwapo ng nasa pictures. hehe.



Here's my suggestion: In the 3rd paragraph ( 3rd na un kasi counted yung "At the

rooftop...") ...looking at the dark skies at night, watching for those bright stars

shining in the vast blanket of heaven.---parang awkward yung "looking at the dark

skies at night, because you have mentioned in the preceding paragraph that " a

young soul sneaking in the dark" tapos looking sa dark skies, pero watching those

bright stars shining...You can delete "looking at the dark skies at night" because the

next sentence is "While looking at the skies he shrugged, wondering."


Whew! Parang movie talaga. The term A101 GEN, pang-laboratory ha? Lol. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

nakalista na yun sa tubig ~ :D
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Wow, Pax. Paulit-ulit? Nakikisali nga ako dito oh, kahit pang-macho. Hehe. Mamaya, macho na rin ako... read more
Marc Marlon Villaflor

10 Years Ago

Lol :) hahah
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
an interesting start ~

~ A young men(man) aged of eighteen

the story progress really well ~ it's a good start!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

10 Years Ago

Thanks Pax, sorry sa typo :)
Pax

10 Years Ago

your most welcome :)
It's like I'm watching a movie. Wow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Junert :) I am glad you enjoy it :)
Hi I am open for critics, I just want an honest review. I welcome bad or good review.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I finished my art contest preparations sooner then expected. :) I work fast. I see you added more. It seems more real now. Going good so far. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

I am happy reading your good review :) thanks a lot for believing :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

580 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 20, 2013
Tags: Dark, Hate, Life, Sad, adventure, death, depression, fantasy, fiction, heart, horro, love, magic, mystery, pain, poem, poetry, romance, story, teen


Author

Marc Marlon Villaflor
Marc Marlon Villaflor

DIFC Dubai International Financial Center, Dubai City, United Arab Emirates



About
I am just writing for almost 2 months now and no background in the world of poetry. Hope you will always share your wisdom and correct my mistakes as I need it to solidify my dreams to write. Thank y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..