Chapter XV

Chapter XV

A Chapter by Chris Rogers
"

Chapter 15 of the novel Reapers

"

  Whoa!” He cried, ducking from the weapon.

“Christ, you could let someone know you're here, Zeke. That's how you end up eating through a plastic tube,” Cavanaugh grumbled, holstering his weapon.

“Sorry, we were too busy chasing down psychotic a******s for first degree murder, attempted murder, kidnaping, and assault. Forgive us,” Aurora droned.

“Where are they?” Cavanaugh asked.

“We lost them, they shot off in the opposite direction and we figured it was either a diversion or we spooked them from finishing their plan. Either way, we decided this was the best place to be,” She reassured him.

“I wouldn't count on them running,” Cavanaugh warned.

“Me either, Cav. Anyone who leveled a house like that in an open civilian area like that. No way a few of us scared them off,” Ezekiel added. “Sorry.” He added, turning to offer his condolenses to November who had approached with Nathaniel behind her.

“Someone please tell us what's going on?” She begged.

“The people that killed your mom want your brother, and they'll kill you without a thought to get to him. Simple enough?” Aurora snapped.

Aurora.” Cavanaugh scolded. “I'm sorry, that is basically it, in the least compassionate way possible.”

“What? She asked. I informed,” She griped.

“Yeah, compassion. Try it sometime, instead of so much angsty eyeliner.” Ezekiel teased. “C'mon, let's get you guys out of here.”

Thanks, Aurora.” She quipped. “Wait, I have to tell Emery we're leaving. Nate can't just disappear in the middle of the night. He'll ask questions.”

Oh, I don't think that'll be necessary,” Rosalind chimed, emerging from the dark hallway behind them.

Emery dangled lifelessly, floating behind her. They were escorted by both Ekko and Gunner.

“Don't worry dear, he isn't dead. Yet.” She continued. “This is simple, really. Hand over the boy, and I'll let this one, and all of you, live. If you refuse, well, let's just say they'll need a mop to clean up whatever pulp is left of you four.”

“Go to Hell,” November barked.

“You're not getting the boy. Now release him before this gets any more out of hand,” Cavanaugh demanded. “You don't have to do this.”

The back of Cavanaughs body armor had separated to reveal a storage panel on his back. Two metallic poles were sliding up silently near his shoulder blades from the opening. Ezekiel's armor had also separated near the thighs on the outside near his hands. There was no gun holster on his armor, instead two circular bladed weapons sat poking from behind their panel covering. Aurora's back piece was also open, revealing what looked like military tomahawks. It seemed that all three of them were preparing to pull out unique weaponry.

“Oh, you Reapers. Hilarious. You think just because you shout orders at those of us who don't have the government buying our toys, we'll submit and do as you wish,” Rosalind preached. “This is going to be unpleasant.”

A rush of violent wind blasted November clear across the room, her body colliding hard with the opposing wall. She crumbled to the floor, her head spinning and vision blurred from the painful collision. Ezekiel swiftly pulled one of his throwing glaives from their holster and hurled it towards Rosalind, cutting her deeply across the cheek as Gunner and Ekko descended onto Aurora and Cavanaugh. Cavanaugh was lightning fast with his movements, he'd pulled the poles from his back and they were revealed to be fighting sticks. It was like they were simply an extension of himself. He easily blocked every one of Ekko's quick swings and jabs at him. The deep thud of the sticks colliding with bone filled the room as he rolled around on the floor, dodging Ekko's advances in almost ninja-like fashion.

Run!” He told Nathaniel, hoping he could make an escape while the other three were preoccupied.

“I can't leave her like this!” He cried back, tending to November and Emery, who were both barely conscious on the floor.

Aurora was no different, her blows were gliding and almost natural. The tomahawks made contact several times with Gunner's arms and legs, leaving several lacerations as he fought wildly against her. His fighting style was more brutish, trying to tackle her several times. She was simply too fast for him. Unfortunately, Ezekiel's position was a bit different. As Rosalind was distracted by the cut on her cheek, he slung another glaive to her, only to have her catch it in mid air with her mind. It floated before her before turning back in Ezekiel's direction. He leapt to the floor to avoid the weapon but it made contact with his armor, piercing it and his shouler blade beneath.

“Ugh!” He cried, falling to the floor in pain. “Damnit!” Blood had begun to flow from his wound and drip onto the floor.

“Zeke!” Cavanaugh turned his attention to his wounded for a split second before being grabbed around the throat by Ekko.

The tall German slammed Cavanaugh against the wall behind him, the sheetrock crumbling around him.

“Your fancy fighting sticks won't save you here, or your pathetic guns, if you were a real warrior you wouldn't need all this garbage!” He roared, pulling the sticks from Cavanaugh's hands and tossing them aside, along with his pistol.

“This isn't 1745, prick,” Cavanaugh shot back, ramming his elbow against the wall as a short dagger blade shot out from his forearm. He shoved it deep into Ekko's ribcage and twisted as he bellowed in pain, releasing Cavanaugh in the process.

He rushed to Ezekiel's side.

“Are you alright, how bad is it?” He plead.

“I'll be okay, I'm fine, really, protect them!” Ezekiel groaned, motioning to November and Nathaniel.

Aurora nailed Gunner with a final blow to the temple with the hilt of her tomahawk, rendering him unconscious on the floor. Her attention turned to Rosalind with him out of the way, his arms and legs covered in numerous clean, deep cuts from her weapons. She drew back, preparing to swing at Rosalind's torso.

“Oh honestly, do I have to do everything myself?” Rosalind complained.

Aurora's tomahawks shot from her hands as if snatched by some invisible force as she froze in place.

“You two, join her,” She commanded, both Ezekiel and Cavanaugh suddenly losing control of their bodies and stiffening as well.

“What the hell are you doing!?” Aurora sneered. “You have to use your little Sabrina the Teenage B***h routine to get anything done? Pathetic!” She taunted.

“I'll have you know, it's quite effective,” Rosalind informed her as one of the iron fireplace pokers suddenly impaled her torso, wrapping itself around her like a boa constrictor as she cried out in pain.

“STOP IT!” Cavanaugh yelled.

“Oh don't worry, dear. You two get a turn as well!” Rosalind cackled as two other iron rods impaled the boys, wrapping themselves the same way around their bodies.

The iron pieces pressed the blade lodged in Ezekiel's back farther into his flesh. He fell to the floor, grunting unable to gather his thoughts due to the pain.

Go to sleep!” She directed Nathaniel, as he collapsed next to his sister in a hard sleep. “Now, grab him. He's unconscious, they're not going anywhere. Is there any other problem I need to solve for you?”

“Oh, do shut up, you insufferable wench,” Ekko growled, tossing Nathaniel over his shoulder, wincing at his open stab wound.

“S-stop. You can't!” November called out, chasing after her brother.

Darkness was the next thing she knew as Ekko drew back and struck her clear across the face and the light faded from the room.



© 2016 Chris Rogers


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on January 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2016
Tags: Action, Adventure, Fiction, Mystery, Supernatural, Fantasy, Teen, Young Adult, Vampires, Witches, Werewolves


Author

Chris Rogers
Chris Rogers

Walker, LA



Writing
Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Chris Rogers


Chapter II Chapter II

A Chapter by Chris Rogers


Chapter III Chapter III

A Chapter by Chris Rogers