Driveing Me Crazy

Driveing Me Crazy

A Chapter by Arianna

“That’s the gas, and that’s the break” Clint said Gesturing to the pedals, “and that’s obviously the wheel, this is the blinker and this is how you put it in reverse.” Summer giggled, “You act like I’ve never even been in a car before.” Summer adjusted the mirror, buckled her seat-belt and switched the car from park to drive. “How hard can it be” she thought.


Evidently the answer to that was Very, it can be very hard. Summer swerved as she almost ran into a tree pulling out of the clearing in which Clint had parked his car. She made her way out onto the road at a speed that would make any respectable snail feel self confident.


 “How am I doing?” Summer asked glancing away from the road to look at Clint. “SUMMER LOOK AT THE ROAD, NOT ME! THE ROAD GOT IT?” Summer snapped her head back towards the windshield surprised that Clint had just yelled at her, Clint almost NEVER yelled at her. Slowly she gained speed becoming somewhat confident again before realizing she had run two stop signs.


“Why did I let her do this” Clint wondered to himself half pleading with himself to make her stop the car and let him drive. But he couldn’t do that, he had made a deal and he had to follow through with it no matter how nerve racking it may be. At that moment summer swerved to the side attempting not to hit what she thought was a cat. “Summer that was a shadow there was absolutely no need to swerve to avoid a shadow.” Clint said attempting to sound calm but really sounding tight and restricted.


It was stressing Clint out beyond all reasonable belief, this was HIS car and as much as he hated the old rust bucket it was the only thing he had that was just his. Clint had 4 brothers and 2 sisters, so he didn’t have much that was just his. He had this car and he had Summer, both of which were in grave danger at this very moment.

She was going to crash, he was sure of it she was going to smash into something and she would be killed and he would be all alone. He couldn’t deal for another block he was going to break down right in the passenger seat of his own car. He closed his eyes and tried to think happy things.


Pictures of roses, puppies, rainbows and Summer flashed through his head at rapid speed. attempting to block out the images of his car totaled, a dead summer, a dead him. They were going to die and it was his entire fault.


“stop freaking out Clinty, we’re already here.” He opened his eyes praying that she wasn’t just messing with him, and sure enough there it was the playground.



© 2011 Arianna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the descriptions of their voices and how they talk. I rarely catch you using the word "said". Instead you describe Clint's tone as "tight and restricted", which puts me in the car listening to them.
LOVED the comment about any respectable snail. I lol'd :)
Truly enjoyed this chapter! I am beginning to overlook your grammar and English errors as I continue and it's allowing me to get more into what's going on.
Still loving your chapter titles too: so appropriate! clever!
100/100
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Ashes Musica
.memberID. 001
.name. Ashley
.username. AshesMusica
.novels. Through Her Eyes, Cities of Avela
.status. Group Owner, Early Reader, Early Writer

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is another reason women should not drive. This is a great chapter. I don't know if Clint is the most dumbest or bravest character I have read. Personally I would have definitely stopped and yelled at her too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with Jake I also think she have learned how to drive before trying to you book is just to amazing I can't stop reading it I can't wait to see what happends next keep up the great work

Posted 12 Years Ago


Maybe she should have learned how to drive before trying to... might have helped.
I loved how he was trying to think of happy things before she killed them both.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .jake.008.
.memberID. 008
.division. I
.division.leader. Wesley
.name. Jake
.username. DesertKing

.novels. Cliff, Night Breed, Journey of the Kervant, Back To The Shack, The Cult, The Purple Rift

.status. Role Model, Novelist, noelwrimo Champion

.noelwrimo.wordcount. 30,271
.join date. 03-24-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have a feeling this is major foreshadowing.
Better see!

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. PrincessZeldaWannaBe
.memberID. 029
.division. III
.division.leader. Vacant
.name. Bee
.username. PrincessZeldaFan
.novels. Sunset On Helheim, Elemental Warrior
.status. Early Reader, Early Writer
.join date. 06-28-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kind of short, but still good. I feel bad that Clint yelled at Summer, but i really don't think he should have let her drive the car. I thought it was funny that she dodged a shadow. same thing in the chapter before with the grammar and stuff other than that great job can't wait for more :)

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. JulieBeth
.memberID. 038
.division. IV
.division.leader. Uc
.name. Julie
.username. polarjulie82
.novels.----
.status.Early Reader
.join date. 07-15-11



Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it, but I think you should re-write this particular chapter in approximately 19 days ... Then you will have first-hand experience ... Hopefully, I will survive :) Keep it up, girl ... You are AMAZING!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2011
Last Updated on July 22, 2011


Author

Arianna
Arianna

NC



About
Hi there, So I know I have a really horrible tendency to drop off the face of the earth. No promises I wont do it again. I do that. But my husband and I are writing a book and we would love some i.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Arianna