of Old Promises and Growing Old

of Old Promises and Growing Old

A Chapter by Arianna

Summer woke up feeling well rested wondering how she had gotten such a good nights sleep. Concidering that she really hadn’t slept well lately, however she wasn’t one to fight it. She rolled over before hitting something very warm, and very solid. A grin plastered itself over her features, that would explain the ability to sleep no matter what happened. She smiled up at her boyfriend, re memorizing his features that she was certin she hadn’t forgotten but seemed to be just a little different than before.

She blamed it on human error, try as she might she could never memorize his face quite right. It was always a little off. This time she had imagined him alittle darker than he really was. In reality his face was pale, almost pastey and dotted slightly across the bridge of his nose where his almost orange freckles were scattered.

She had him mostly right, in her mind though he was slightly bigger, not heavy just not particularly this small. Now a days he could probably fit into her cloths. That was if he felt like wearing female clothing which for some reason she doubted he did. Just the thought of it made her giggle a little bit. Not loud enough to make him wake up. But enough to make him stir just a little bit. He was so cute when he slept.

She wondered how she hadn’t seen how much she really did love him until so recently. Obviously she knew she cared, but this was a newfound magnitude that she hadn’t yet grown used to howevermuch she enjoyed its presence.

She smiled, she wasn’t going to overthink it anymore. She had clint now and they would stay like this forever, she was happy to know she was going to grow old in his arms.

Another concept that Summer hadn’t really givin much thought to, growing old. She shuddered slightly at the idea that she might become like her mother. Might make her child feel as useless as her own had made her. This however was impossible she assured herself. She was nothing like her mother. She never would be. She had a heart after all, something that her witch of a mother was obviously lacking.

She remembered her first conversation with clint about getting older, when they were about nine years old they had gotten lost in the woods. Summer hadn’t minded though, she loved the outdoors.

‘’ does everyone grow old clinty?” she had asked him situating herself on a comfy looking rock. “I think so.” He responded “ unless your me” summers head snapped up to look at her best friend whos treatment had been going much better. Good enough that they let him go outside with her if they promised that they wouldn’t do anything too taxing. They never really listened though, the woods were too much fun. “Don’t you say that! Your not going anywhere!” she had started angrily charging over to him and drilling her finger into his chest like her mother did to her when she wasn’t listening. “you listen to me. Your not going to die. Your going to grow old with me like those old people we see when mom takes us to visit my grandma every year. We are going to be best friends forever and your NEVER going to leave me. Got it!” her eyes were filled with a mix between anger and love, and her face red from forgetting to breath until she finished the sentence. “got it” clint squeeked slowly reaching his hand out and pulling Summers finger away from his chest. “that hurt you know” he said acting as if he was about to cry. “baby” she responed before hopping off the rocks “what are you gonna do about it”  laughing she had run away farther into the forest.

Though at the time Summer hadn’t really thought of the implications she really had always thought she would end up with Clint. Though young as she was she had just assumed that they would be best friends for the rest of their lives and they would grow up and live together. And in a way that was exactly what she wanted to happen now. Except with the addition of a few children perhaps.

The prospect of having someone to grow old with did make the whole, growing up and getting a boring job that you have to do until your too old to even walk anymore a lot brighter. It meant when she came home she wouldn’t have to be bored and broken all by herself. She would have someone to do it with. Just another adventure, only this one would be much longer.

Looking at it that way it didn’t really seem so bad after all. She cuddled closer to her boyfriend grin consuming her face arms encerceling his small center. She smiled into his shirt and again fell asleep.



© 2012 Arianna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree wiyh jake 100%

Posted 11 Years Ago


The chapter is consistent with the rest of the book, showing that you haven't lost the inspiration. So far the story has been set up beautifully, with powerful emotion and endearing characters. I really look forward to the rest of this journey with Summer and Clint.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 28, 2012
Last Updated on March 28, 2012


Author

Arianna
Arianna

NC



About
Hi there, So I know I have a really horrible tendency to drop off the face of the earth. No promises I wont do it again. I do that. But my husband and I are writing a book and we would love some i.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Arianna