Of Guilty Moments

Of Guilty Moments

A Chapter by Arianna

Clint allowed himself to breath as he unclasped his seat belt and got out of his car. They were alive, Summer was alive. She wasn’t dead. It was all he could think about, she was okay.

 

“We are NEVER doing that again, you hear me NEVER!” Clint said voice tight and forced as if he hadn’t quite accepted that they had survived un-scratched. “Okay” Summer said slightly scared, she had no idea why Clint was yelling so much today. Seeing the pain in her face Clint started to feel guilty. “I’m sorry Sum...” he said looking down at his feet a moment. “I was, I was terrified the whole time here. I kept seeing you…D…Dead on the pavement and it was the worst thing I’ve ever been trough in my life.”

 

Tears started forming in his eyes as he shuffled his worn sneakers on the ground never taking his eyes off of them. Suddenly it hit her, he was worried. He wasn’t mad he was scared. “oh Clint!” she said running around to his side of the car and pulling him into a tight hug.

 

“I'm so sorry, I didn’t know.” She apologized while hugging him tight to her. Clint buried his face into her rainbow hair, tears still pouring from his eyes. “I’m so sorry Clint, I’m so sorry.” Summer muttered over and over while stroking Clint’s dark hair in an attempt to calm him. “this is all my fault.”

 

Clint had never cried in front of Summer before and he didn’t know what compelled him to let his guard down so much. He had always attempted to do for her what she did for him when they were kids. Be a rock, something solid for her to depend on. But here he was breaking down in her arms on her birthday no less. It was that fact that caused Clint to pull himself together. He took a deep breath before letting go of Summer.

 

“it wasn’t just you, I let you didn’t I?” Clint replied wiping the tears from his eyes before looking down at the slightly shorter human before him. Summer looked up at him smiling. “yes, you did but I made you.” She replied  before looking at her feet. “you can’t MAKE me do anything, short of putting a gun to my head you couldn’t have forced me to let you drive.”

 

Clint took Summer’s chin in his hand forcing her to look at him a moment. Her bright green eyes bore into him with the guilt that she felt. Clint had no control over the impulse. Ignoring the voices in his head saying “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING.” Clint leaned down quickly pressing his lips to hers.



© 2011 Arianna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

FIRST KISS!
Cliffhanger chapter end! you mean author you! Why do you do this to me! Hah. I think this chapter could have been added to the end of last chapter though. I really like the part about Clint wanting to be her rock, and that dynamic of their relationship you're painting.
Cute scene for a first kiss, especially after how long they have known each other. These two need each other. :)
100/100
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. Ashes Musica
.memberID. 001
.name. Ashley
.username. AshesMusica
.novels. Through Her Eyes, Cities of Avela
.status. Group Owner, Early Reader, Early Writer

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw, this is so sweet! i wonder what summer's reaction will b to the kiss...

Posted 12 Years Ago


aww they kissed! that's so freaking cute i loved it :D
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. JulieBeth
.memberID. 038
.division. IV
.division.leader. Uc
.name. Julie
.username. polarjulie82
.novels.----
.status.Early Reader
.join date. 07-15-11


Posted 12 Years Ago


I am so happy they foundly kissed thank you so much for writing such amazing book I hope to read more from you

Posted 12 Years Ago


All riiiiiiight Clint!
That's the way buddy!
I'm glad the next chapter is already up because I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT.

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .jake.008.
.memberID. 008
.division. I
.division.leader. Wesley
.name. Jake
.username. DesertKing
.novels. Cliff, Night Breed, Journey of the Kervant, Back To The Shack, The Cult, The Purple Rift
.status. Role Model, Novelist, noelwrimo Champion
.noelwrimo.wordcount. 30,271
.join date. 03-24-2011


Posted 12 Years Ago


They finally kissed :D!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What? Kissing? Ewww :) Now get on with it and write me the next chapter, gurl!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

391 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011


Author

Arianna
Arianna

NC



About
Hi there, So I know I have a really horrible tendency to drop off the face of the earth. No promises I wont do it again. I do that. But my husband and I are writing a book and we would love some i.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Arianna