Forevermore

Forevermore

A Poem by Lisasview
"

Rhyming Quatrains with a Rhyming Couplet envoi poem regarding thoughts of death... Grateful to Richard for finding the perfect artwork for my poem and helping me along my journey writing poetry.

"

   


     Forevermore....


Lie me down on a bed of lavender;

naked, I will be in the blazing sun.

Upon death, to this earth I surrender …

for, my journey here with you is now done.


Remember my laughter in ocean's waves …

floating along with no care in the world.

As we hid inside of deep dark sea caves,

our eyes met softly, as blue waters swirled.


Kissing your salty neck, I held on tight

with loving thoughts....I drift to you again,

watching day's sun disappear into night,

knowing our true love's depth would never wane.


Beyond life, to your open arms I soar;

our souls entwine now ~ and forevermore....

© 2022 Lisasview


Author's Note

Lisasview
If you happen to read my poem I would so appreciate a review.
I always review.. Each line has 10 syllables.
Thank you,
Lisa

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

One of your finest works, Lisa🍷

Whoever said sadness and death have no beauty, never read this.
It was great working together with you in formulating this creatively gorgeous piece.

Many memorable blessings shared … thank you always, Ma'am! ⁓ Richard🖌

Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Week Ago

Hi Richard,
Great to get a review from you. This is one of my most favorite poems I have writ.. read more



Reviews

A beautiful write Lisa, and what more relaxing way to leave this world behind than to lay on a bed of lavender.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Thank you so much Stella for taking the time to read and review my poem.
I really do apprecia.. read more
Lisa, what a lovely write! We would all like to meet our lovers and, loved ones, when our days are done here and we transition to our next life. Our souls entwined now and forevermore….. Lovely! Thank you for sharing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Hi there, My husband Bob wasn't my first love...But he is the one that I strongly believe has been w.. read more
Temperance

1 Year Ago

You truly have found your soulmate!
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

That is for sure and believe me I have been through quite a few...
Lisa
Dear Lisa. I loved the complete poem.
"Remember my laughter in ocean's waves …
floating along with no care in the world.
As we hid inside of deep dark sea caves,
our eyes met softly, as blue waters swirled."
The above lines took me back to dancing with the Pacific. Good company, the sea and a warm day. Utopia. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Wow...what an amazing review..to say my poem is outstanding!!
I see you made a friend request.. read more
Coyote Poetry

1 Year Ago

Hello dear Lisa. I love to hear the piano. Can I hear you play on YouTube. Violin and the piano. Tak.. read more
a beautiful sonnet of a love, and such soft, yet colorful memories of a love, now gone, but never forgotten. These are very special moments you mention and this could be in any form and the words would still pop out. "as we hid inside of deep dark sea caves".... brings mysterious thoughts to mind...and the colors "Lie me down on a bed of lavender"... really loved his.....
Best, B

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Good morning Betty,
Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my poem.
.. read more
Betty Hermelee

1 Year Ago

Hello to Spain! Bravo for you Lisa… not many can be so positive!
You’re very welcome
read more
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Hi Betty,
Luckily for me this is how I have always been...
Thank you again Betty..
read more
Your Art and soft Embrace of forever love is a moving Symphony of Heavens Dreams where Mermaids 🧜‍♀️ lie among the Coral Reef of Love Spent .. There may be a Special Heaven in Oceans Deep …. Pat

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Thank you Pat for your kind review.
Hoping you and your husband are doing well.
Happy .. read more
Patricia Wedel

1 Year Ago

dearest Lisa… it is a beautiful Sunny day here in Fredericksburg, Virginia in the USA.. We live by.. read more
Lisa, what a lovely, moving sonnet. There’s not much I can say that others haven’t already expressed in their reviews. I’ve read this several times, and the sonnet form is so appropriate for the theme. Interesting that it just flowed out of your mind that way. On the first reading, I was just a little uncomfortable because, well, death. Reading again, I began to feel the peace that accompanied the contemplation and acceptance of death, “Lie me down on a bed of lavender…” Then I was struck by the love and passion the poem described: reason to hold on tenaciously to life, but also a source of hope and comfort in death. A wonderful poem!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Wow, what a great review..I am truly humbled by the words you use to express your feelings.
T.. read more
Oh Lisa, first, I like your choice of purple for both the visual and the text, coz purple is my favorite color. I guess yours too coz you speak of "lavendar" here; my favourite aroma too.
Your poem is so romantic and touching, about this saddening topic.
On top of the rhymes in this sonnet, I appreciate your shift between past and present; remembering past events and extending that feeling to the present.
As I read, I thought the "you" could be interpreted in different ways: it could be the sea (your final unity with nature/God?); it could be someone dear who perished before you, or even someone who's still alive (who once swam in the sea with you) but love transcends physical death?
I read this several times, and think probably the second interpretation is what you meant.
Know what, I've told my husband that when the day comes, please don't put my ashes in an urn - I hate to be segregated from nature, being useless and stuck in a static stack. I hope to return to nature being something useful either in the sea or under a tree.
I'm very much touched by these lines:
"Kissing your salty neck, as I held on tight
with loving thoughts....I drift to you again"
"Beyond life, into your open arms I soar;
our souls entwine now ~ and forevermore...."

It'd be nice to know that death doesn't leave one alone; that you have dear company - someone or something to "entwine" with.

Thanks for this beautiful poem. I'll come back to read it again.

Louisa
3pm, Hong Kong

Posted 2 Years Ago


Lisasview

2 Years Ago

Wow, what an amazing review dear Louisa...
Yes, purple is always my color of choice and I do .. read more
Louisa Chan

1 Year Ago

Hi Lisa, I could sense the strong bond between you and your husband. That's a very gracious thing to.. read more
Lisasview

1 Year Ago

Yes we are bond only 37 years of marriage
With loads of communication 💕 Lisa
Yet another fine sonnet from your golden pen, Lisa! Tenderly written, with inventive, poetic imagery! A lovely piece of work!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Lisasview

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much and thank you for bringing to my attention that my work is not a poem but rather a.. read more
I really enjoyed this well crafted poem xox

Posted 2 Years Ago


Lisasview

2 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and reviewing my poem Ellen..
Lisa, 7am in Spain
"Lie me down on a bed of lavender;
naked, I will be in the blazing sun.
Upon death, to this earth I surrender …"
Lisa, I cannot adequately thank you, or express how beautiful and deeply moving your words and message are in this poem. Also thanks to Richard & you for the exquisite, perfect artwork. Great flow, meter, rhyme, imagery-so serene and transcendent. So filled with tenderness and passion.
Yes...the journey..."our souls entwine now ~ and forevermore...." . Excellent and memorable write. Brava.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Lisasview

2 Years Ago

Wow, what an amazing and lovely review from you dearest Annette😍
Every word in your review.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2297 Views
94 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 9, 2022
Last Updated on August 8, 2022

Author

Lisasview
Lisasview

Benitachell, Alicante, Spain



About
I have been writing poetry and short stories since I was 10..so 64 years! I have never connected with any groups but recently thought why not.. So here I ..looking at where this adventure leads me. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not in Vain Not in Vain

A Chapter by Dave Brown


RED RED WINE RED RED WINE

A Poem by Vol