June.

June.

A Chapter by Prabha Salimath
"

She is awake fully in the month of june.

"
This is my friend June I named her this bcoz she is always be spirited in month of June, later her battery will be weak. She is senior to me in my school, although we are good friends. I told you some of my friends are my sister's. She is good till her first unit test later she will be lost in some other world. But she does know the knowledge about all subjects.

I know her since KG class. She is very smart and her knack of learning always differs from all. From a very little age she had got sight problem so she was wearing spectacles. This made her less confident even after all her uniqueness. Although she didn't stop hardworking. You don't believe if I say she is now Ayurvedic Doctor staying in another state with great demand.

She has one more reason to be less confident because she feels bad for her colour. She is a little dark. Yeah she is a skinny girl but with good looks. Now what it be called a sexy look in films. She looks more like Jennifer Lopez if she wears jeans with proper make up. You know the fact is she had got more valentine cards than me. She always commenting me you are fair & plumpy girl. Yes I was plumpy like pumkin once now I'm skinny more than her. Whatever I always call her Krishnasundari. She may be a little dark but her big beautiful eyes, tip topped nose, oval face with silky hair she is just beautiful in my eyes.

I met her for last time in 2011 while I was in Dharwad. I was taking a coaching in Dharwad, that was the first time I left home. I was homesick so my sister came to meet me. I spent whole day with her and went dropping her to bus station on the way I saw June with her boyfriend. She introduced him to me. Later we had a cup of tea together in a hotel. Then she took my phone no and left me to my PG. From then we are talking in phone dint meet again.

She is pretty good with her profession as well as family as I thought. Few days before she phoned me and started to cry saying all her sad story. Her parents is not ready to accept their marriage just because he belongs to another caste. Casticism has became an unfinished issue in India. Her boyfriend knew she is an emotional fool. He illfeed my friend that her parents want her to give all her money which she earned.

As I know her parents they are really good, they always helped their children to live their dreams. She is a fool that she always feels who will accept such a dark girl like me. I told her many times it doesn't matter, its not decreasing your beauty.

Now she is trying to elope with her boyfriend what about her parents? I'm not saying love marriage is a crime as it is treated in here, but all I want she has to be consented from her parents.

When I talked to her brother he said Di he is a flirt and fortune seeking guy he is working as subordinate in her ayurvedic clinic. Hardly he is paid of 8000 to 10000 Rs salary.

I want her to understand the reality. She has to make sure about him and his feelings. Left about the society it always be ready mocking on everyone. The main thing is she's born in a Brahmin family and she is more like traditional. She has to first realise about her changing tradition for her it is not that easy.

All I want she has to be consented by her parents, otherwise she will be alone for the rest of her life. I want everyone to take a practical decision in this matter because life is a very long journey one step wrong decision may fruit your life worse.


© 2014 Prabha Salimath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 21, 2014


Author

Prabha Salimath
Prabha Salimath

India



About
Everyone is unique piece of God, a very intelligent artist of this universe. I know it sounds crazy, what I have to do? I believe this. I do started to write since I'm 11yr old but scared to exhibit i.. more..

Writing