Chapter 1 (Change)

Chapter 1 (Change)

A Chapter by Quinn W
"

The beginning of the story of how a boy teaches a girl how to embrace fun. She teaches him how to be thankful and see the beauty in all things. He finds beauty in everything, even her.

"
I walk into chemistry class and see her sitting down alone. She's reading yet another book, clearly not wanting to be disturbed. It pains me to see her like this; she thinks no one notices her, but I do. She seems perfectly fine with being alone, but I feel like it actually hurts her not being noticed by others. She hides in her shell but I have a plan to knock that shell off her back. I, Cooper Johnson, will introduce her to a new element: Fun.
I walk over to Jess and sit down across from her. She doesn't even look up at me. Either she's too engrossed in her book to notice I sat down, or she just doesn't care.
"I read that book last year."
"You did?" she asks quizzically. 
"Yeah, I really liked the series, but Jace was a little full of himself. It took me awhile to get used to his arrogant remarks."
"Yeah, he was a little arrogant," she says laughing.
"Cooper." I say, extending my hand. She takes it and replies: "Jess. Nice to meet another Mortal Instruments fan. I didn't think the star baseball player would read much."
The bell rings when I say "We should hang out sometime. What's your number?"
She looks at me for a moment, questioning my intentions, and then writes it down on a piece of paper. I stick it in my pocket, anxious to get home and text her.


© 2016 Quinn W


Author's Note

Quinn W
Short chapter, I know, but more to come.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

" I, Cooper Johnson, will introduce her to a new element: Fun. " - really liked this line !! . Looks like a good beginning, short and sweet, loved it :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
I liked the descriptions and how the scene was built in general but keep an eye for repetitions as they tend to kill the lightness in the text. I'll be looking forward for the next chapters.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the advice. I look forward to writing more soon.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2016
Last Updated on November 27, 2016
Tags: Romance, YA


Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W