Chapter 6 (Change)

Chapter 6 (Change)

A Chapter by Quinn W

We watch the movie and I can hardly pay attention. My mind keeps wandering back to that kiss. It was different than all the others I've had. It was ... real. It felt so ... right. I don't know how, it just did. I've never experienced a feeling like that.
When the movie is over, Jess walks back to our room but I stay to talk to Will. Christina realizes that it's guy time and follows Jess. They'll probably do each other's hair or something. Jess would hate that.
"So Coop, What's up?"
"I kissed her," I blurt out.
"You kissed her? Who? Jess?" I nod. "Awesome man! I knew you liked her! I can't believe it took you so long. I mean you had Caroline in like a day. Was it good?"
"It was awesome! I've never felt anything like it! It was different.Do you believe in love? I mean we're young but I think I love her, Will."
"Okay. Don't get too ahead of yourself, Coop."
"No. I think I really am. I love her, Will. I love Jess. God, it feels so good to say that!"
"Okay. But if you break up-"
"We will never break up! Wait, are we even dating?"
"You kissed her so yeah. If you kiss you're dating. You act like you've never done this before."
"I'm dating Jess? I'm dating Jess. I'm dating Jess!" I say excitedly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So, what's going on between you and Cooper?" Christina asks me when she walk into the room.
"I don't know. I mean I like him. A lot. But I've never dated anyone like him before. No one popular, just Danny Chapman. And he's... you know ... gay, now. That was my first real kiss. If felt so good. Different than any I've ever had. I mean I haven't had many, but still."
"You kissed?!? Tell me everything, girl! This is amazing! I knew he would make his move soon."
I tell her the whole story. About the broken board, the moonlight, the waterfall, the kiss. The entire time she looks like she might explode with excitement. She may have been more excited than me about the kiss.
"That's so cute! You two have to get married one day! You're meant for each other!"
Just then, Cooper walks into the room. A blush starts in my face but I'm not embarrassed because I see his ears go red.
"Well, I'll leave you two alone now," Christina says slyly. I throw a pillow at her but she dodges it. She winks at me before closing the door.
Cooper sits down next to me on the bed and kisses my cheek. "Christina knows doesn't she?" I nod. "Well, so does Will. I have a tendency to gossip with him a lot. Girls think guys don't but we totally do."
I laugh and move the covers so I can get into the bed. He does the same. I lay my head on his chest and we talk for a little while before I fall asleep listening to his steady heartbeat.


© 2016 Quinn W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on June 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 7, 2016
Tags: Romance, YA


Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W