Religion

Religion

A Chapter by Richard B. Berry

One of the great mysteries of life is what happens after death. Is there a heaven and hell? Will I be saved? So many different beliefs and within these beliefs are divergent interpretations. Who is to say who is right and who is wrong. 

For me, my belief system is one of continuous evolution. As I gain more knowledge and more wisdom; it shows me that there are even more things that need to be learned. I believe that there is a higher being or entity that has created what we understand to be reality. For lack of better understanding, I will accept the name of God being assigned to this entity. This is part faith and part logical deduction that has led to this conclusion. As a matter of faith, I will also concede that Jesus did exist on this planet at the time he did. It is the nature of his existence where I have doubts. 

Life and death are far too complex to simply placed into categories of good vs evil; going to heaven or going to hell. Within an evil person, there are moments when they do good things and conversely with good people there are moments when they do evil. Along with that, to define the reward of heaven as the sole providence of a chosen group of people is rather illogical; some of those chosen people could be basically a******s. 

In my view, the creator has a different plan for each person; as we all perceive reality differently. We all connect to our spiritual selves in different ways and for different reasons. Our needs vary as well, since some need comfort in a time of crisis; while others simply need to know their place in the universe. Each situation needs a different level of understanding that a simple verse in a religious text may not correctly address. When a person is having a problem; simply saying they need Jesus is not going to solve the problem. 


© 2015 Richard B. Berry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on June 9, 2015
Last Updated on June 9, 2015


Author

Richard B. Berry
Richard B. Berry

Alpharetta, GA



About
Been away for quite a while, but I'm back. more..

Writing
Stolen Stolen

A Chapter by Richard B. Berry