Clearing the Mind

Clearing the Mind

A Chapter by Richard B. Berry

Clearing my mind and just letting it drift is easier and easier every day, considering that I work nights. My eyes close and I feel like I’m floating; trying to find a destination that I’m unaware of though I never find it because somebody or something  is always waking me up. One of my biggest fears is of heights, yet in my dream state I find myself gliding over extreme heights or going up stairways hundreds of stories high that lead to nowhere in particular. During these times I feel disoriented and struggle to regain equilibrium when I wake up. Sometimes, however, I wake up with sudden insight into a problem or question that I had been contemplating at one time or another.

                I believe that I have finally begun to enter a meditative state, something that I’ve wanted to be able to do for many years; yet could never slow my thoughts down enough or achieve meaningful results. Instead of expecting something to happen, it is easier to lay back and let things unfold before me. These are the moments that I feel most connected to the spiritual plane, when I can contemplate my ancestors best. They call to me, watch over me and have a place for me when it is time.

                 I no longer fear death, other than knowing that I will be missed by the living in my family.  Many times in these trances I have seen the death process, including my own. More and more, I accept that it is coming…though it certainly is not the final destination. For I am convinced that we exist in other forms and that there are places we cannot perceive in a normal human state.  It has been proven that other universes exist, which one can deduce other planes of existence exist as well. The worlds of the afterlife, such as heaven and hell, by this logic have to exist.



© 2015 Richard B. Berry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on June 9, 2015
Last Updated on June 9, 2015


Author

Richard B. Berry
Richard B. Berry

Alpharetta, GA



About
Been away for quite a while, but I'm back. more..

Writing
Stolen Stolen

A Chapter by Richard B. Berry