Love on crossroads

Love on crossroads

A Chapter by Cheef Rockah

Now we start where Junior and Nyeli's love begin's to spark, but problems are seen ahead yet promises of true love along the way.

 

(Junior and Nyeli are seen around the arcade room playing some games just having a good time. Then Richard walks in and claps his hands)

Richard: Well, well, well look what we have here. We got Bonnie and Clyde right here. So, when y'all hook up?

Junior: (chuckles) Just a few minutes ago. Why you ask RV?

Richard: No reason. So, I see y'all got yo's attitude togetha?

Nyeli: Yup. We just seen eachotha and it was love at first sight.

Junior: (smiles at Nyeli) Yee RV I gotta thank you on this man. Yet not only I got hooked up, but my boy's got hooked up too.

Richard: Fo real?! Oh s**t look Mario wit Zextra, Cassidy wit Donna, Raul wit Hermana, and Darnell wit Catrina. Ain't this crazy.

Darnell: S**t man I couldn't be happier right now.

Richard: (chuckles) A'ight young bloods I'm a leave y'all be, a'ight?

(Richard walks away as they continue to play games and what not then Junior and Nyeli walk off to the singing area)

Nyeli: Ey, boo, we should try this singin' jaunt out.

Junior: Ehhh I don't know. I'm not that much of a singer.

Nyeli: Awww c'mon boo pweeeez. Fo me. (puppy dog pouts)

Junior: (smiles then sighs) I guess we could.

(Nyeli giggles and hugs Junior. Then they go into the singing area and pick a booth to sing in)

Nyeli: Oooo let's try this one boo. This one has a duet jaunt just fo us.

Junior: Hmph, place look pretty damn good. Yee let's try it out.

Nyeli: (walks in the booth and looks around and taps on the mic to see if it's working) Whoa this place is too nice. Here boo you go there and I'll be right here.

(Junior walks over to the 2nd stand and taps the mic to check it)

Junior: (looks around) Ooook now what song we gon do?

Nyeli: We can do uhhhh ooo I like this song.(show's Junior a CD)

Junior: "Beautiful as You"? Hmmm sounds good let's try at it.

Nyeli: (giggles) Yee I mean it works I'm lookin' at the lyrics and they sweet.

(Junior puts on the headphones. Then Nyeli starts to practice her voice and Junior looks at her with amazement)

Junior: Boo, I didn't know you could sing like that.

Nyeli: (giggles) There's a few things you don't know 'bout me. (winks)

Junior: (blushes) Yee I guess so, but ey let's try this a'ight?

(Nyeli nod's yes)

Nyeli: Here I'll do the 1st verse you do the 2nd a'ight?

Junior: Sounds good to me.

(Nyeli tells th guy to play the song and he does. Soon Nyeli is singing the 1st verse and the whole time she is Junior has a big smile on his face. People begin to gather around the booth. Then Junior's part is almost about to come up he's a lil nervous. Yet when the verse come's around his voice suddenly starts to sound pretty damn good. Nyeli smiles big and just listens to Junior sing his part. Then they begin to intertwine into the other parts. Soon the song is over and Junior & Nyeli hug. Everyone around them applaude at their great job)

Nyeli: Wow, boo, I didn't know you could sing like that.

Junior: (takes off headphones) S**t neitha did I. I mean I did do chorus when I did go to school.

Nyeli: (looks shocked) What you mean you in school?

Junior: Yee, but that's not important.

Nyeli: Like hell it ain't why ain't yo a*s in school.

Junior: I don't wanna talk 'bout it ok.

Nyeli: (takes Junior by the face and looks him in the eyes) Boo, c'mon you can tell me. You can trust me ok.

Junior: (sighs) Boo, here come ova my place lata and I'll tell you there ok?

Nyeli: (puts hands down) Ok.

(Junior walks out the area and then just walks out Gucci's Castle and walks home. Darnell walks over to Nyeli)

Darnell: Ey, Ny, why's Junior leavin' so early?

Nyeli: I don't know, but he told me to meet him at his crib.

Darnell: Here in 'bout 10 or 15 minutes when you ready I'll walk you to his place a'ight?

Nyeli: Aww thanks, D.

Darnell: (smiles) Ey when my girl's girl needs help I'm a help.

(Catrina walks up to Darnell and kisses him then looks at Nyeli)

Catrina: Ey boo mama what's wrong? You look down.

Darnell: Ey I'm a let y'all go a'ight. So Ny 'bout 6:30 or so right?

Nyeli: Yee, D.

(Darnell walks off then comes back and kisses Catrina and then walks off)

Catrina: (sighs happily) Girl, you was right 'bout these bull's, but what's really wrong wit'chu?

Nyeli: It's just that I found out Junior isn't in school.

Catrina: I know. Neitha are the otha's.

Nyeli: Fo real? Why aren't they?

Catrina: Well, D told me he ain't in school 'cause he got expelled and s**t like that. He tried goin' back, but they had to remind him he ain't welcome so they tazed him.

Nyeli: Oh my god. That's not right. I hope that ain't why Junior ain't in school.

Catrina: Nah, 'cause D told me they all ain't in school fo there own reasons.

Nyeli: Oh a'ight. I just hope it ain't bad.

Catrina: Girl, don't freak he ain't gon go do somethin stupid that gon get'em out of school.

Nyeli: I hope.

(Nyeli and Catrina walk around a bit more just talking. Then 10 minutes go by and it's 6:30 and Darnell goes and walks Nyeli to Junior's place)

Darnell: So, Ny, I see Catrina told you why I ain't in school right?

Nyeli: Yee. And I think that just ain't right.

Darnell: Yee well I mean I do wish I could go back.

Nyeli: Well what did you do that got you expelled?

Darnell: Nothin' that's the thing. I was I guess "in the wrong place at the wrong time".

Nyeli: Wow, like what happened?

Darnell: There were these couple of guys in the back of the bleacher's at the school rapein' this chick. I shown up and tried to stop'em, but then as I'm tryin' to stop'em the principal and the cops show up and they take me down 'cause the otha bull's ran off as the girl layed there in my arms beat up. And the only reason why they got me and not the otha's bulls is 'cause not just 'cause they ran off, but 'cause I was black.

(Nyeli stops and looks at Darnell in shock)

Nyeli: You f****n' serious? Did all y'all go to the same school?

Darnell: Yee, but if your wonderin' if Junior ain't in school 'cause of that then your wrong 'cause even thought almost every day they would torture him tryin' their hardest to get rid of him, but he just wouldn't stop goin' back, but somethin' just took him to the point of leavin' himself.

Nyeli: Oh my god. Now I'm kinda scared to ask'em again.

Darnell: (puts his hand on Nyeli's shoulder) No I think it's time fo him t finally tell someone what really went down.

Nyeli: (starts to walk again) Yee. And why is it me though? 

Darnell: I don't know. Probably 'cause he love you and trust you. I mean I know y'all just got togetha today, but wheneva he got the chance he would be talkin' about'chu.

Nyeli: (giggles) Wow...I didn't know all that. Well, I guess I can help him out wit whateva it may be that he ain't in school.

Darnell: Yee, 'cause he hasn't talked 'bout it wit anyone in the longest.

Nyeli: Now how long has it been since this happened?

Darnell: Hmmm I'd say bout a year maybe two.

Nyeli: Fo real? Wow.

Darnell: Yup, but I'm a let him finish tellin' you.

Nyeli: Mmk.

(Darnell and Nyeli continue to talk about other things and walk the rest of the way to Junior's place. They reach Junior's house and Junior is sitting outside on the portch)

Darnell: Ey Junior. Just thought I'd walk yo lady to yo place.

(Junior just looks at Darnell and nods. Darnell nods back, gives Nyeli a hug and walks off. Nyeli stands there)

Junior: (looks at Nyeli).....You juss gon stand there?

Nyeli: (smiles all small) Yee.

(Nyeli walks over to Junior and sits next to him. She rests her head on his shoulder and looks up at Junior)

Junior: (looks at Nyeli) What'chu starin' at me fo?

Nyeli: No reason juss tryin' to see if I can find that problem in yo eyes.

Junior: Ny, you ain't gon find it there. Only I can tell you straight up.

Nyeli: Mmk. Well, what is it then?

Junior: (breathes deep) Well, I dropped out of school because of somethin' that happened to my lil' sista.

Nyeli: (sits up) You have a lil' sista?

Junior: Yee...(sadly chuckles)...she was my pride and joy.

Nyeli: Awwwww boo. What happened?

Junior: S**t what didn't happen is the question, but lemme tell you....

(Goes to a flashback)

 

This will continue onto the next chapter so be ready...



© 2009 Cheef Rockah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on March 10, 2009
Last Updated on March 16, 2009


Author

Cheef Rockah
Cheef Rockah

Coatesville, PA



About
Soooo I have no idea what my bio said once before I sounded retarded but it’s Lu aka Cheef Rockah. I love to write but lately have had A LOT of writers block. Hopefully that can change. Well I&r.. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Cheef Rockah


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Cheef Rockah