Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor

“Let them go!” I shouted at him, “This was never a part of our agreement! You said you wouldn’t harm them!”

 

The dragon that was Rothbert bared its teeth at me. “You are not fit to study the course of sorcery. You are weak.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you had made a deal with this particular sorcerer?” Robyn shouted at me as the wind blew around us, whipping my black hair back, blowing sand into my eyes.  I could feel Rothbert’s magic explode around us, wild and chaotic as it mixed with the wind. One glance at Odette and I knew. We were running out of time. The rosy pink color had drained from my beautiful half-sister’s cheeks, replaced by a cold, forbidding blue, and her eyes were closed, a sealed line. 

 

  I whirled around to face Robyn, barely aware of the lines of tears glistening on my cheeks, “There’s no time.”

 

Rothbert snarled at Eric as he brandished his sword, trying to get close.

 

“Don’t!” I shrieked. It was not long ago that I had witnessed Rothbert’s terrible power. I knew it was hopeless.

 

But it was too late. With a swipe of his claws, the sword clattered to the ground and Eric was brushed aside. He lay, limp on the stone floor.

 

What could I do? I looked around desperately. I didn’t know how to use a sword! Robyn stared at me for a moment; his blue eyes were burning with a rage and intensity I had never seen before.

 

“Odile,” he whispered warningly, taking my hands into his. Even though he didn’t say a word more, I understood. I had scarcely more than a few minutes to do something against Rothbert before Odette dies.

 

You want to know how I got to this point? Seriously? You want me to tell you right now, at this crucial moment of life and death? It’s alright. I’ll tell you. The story began a long time ago…

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Rose of Gondor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha, I was so excited to see what Odile would do, and then you cut it off right there! I love it!

The voice of the narrator is great, and the scene is very intense. I really like the last paragraph, I think it's great and it portrays a great sense of humor in Odile.

Nice job! Can't wait to read more! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow its so tense amazing as always

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so good! I absolutely loved the cliffhanger, The detail is very good as well! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is SO good! I love the cliffhanger, and personally I love POV stories! And I like how the nararator talks. Please continue this epic story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome chapter! I really love the cliffhanger at the end! I can't wait to read more and do your best! =)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2011
Last Updated on August 31, 2011


Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor


Chapter 5 Chapter 5

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor


Chapter 6 Chapter 6

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor