Worlds Collide (bonus story)

Worlds Collide (bonus story)

A Chapter by Lilith
"

How Yana's mom got her own Cinderella story.

"

    Allyson wasn’t exactly the most normal wolf in her pack. Here, popularity was based off of how high your ranking is, like in high school.

    Miria, the Alpha daughter, was next in line to be Alpha. And she was flaunting that fact around, ordering people around while her parents did nothing. And now she had a bunch of cronies who did everything for her. It was kind of pathetic to me, but terrifying to the other wolves.

    And there wasn’t exactly another young she-wolf that opposed Miriah’s clan. The boys didn’t mind since being in that clan meant that you were hot. There were so many she-wolves looking for mates that they weren’t picky. Most of the time.

    None of the boys were perfect for Allyson though. To them, having a mate in Miriah’s clan was a sign of coolness. And the fact that they all were idiots.

    But there was a wolf, out there somewhere, ready to meet her, not caring about whether or not she was popular. Even if he was in Vincent’s pack.

    Vincent and Lucas have been fighting for so many dog years it was unbelievable. And then they got mates and then cubs and soon a ton of other wolves to fight in the battle. Both of our packs were roughly fifteen wolves, so we were both pretty large.

    “Allyson!” A voice said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I got up and walked into the Alpha’s cave, my eyes adjusting quickly to the dark.

    “Yes?” I ask, avoiding the Alpha male’s eyes.

    “We need you to chase off a couple of Vincent’s pack that are resting near the Ravine. Spying probably and I would like them to not be able to report back.”

    A shiver ran through me. He meant that the wolves in the Ravine should…die.

    “I understand sir. I will leave now.” I say, backing out of the cave and trotting down the stone path to the main clearing, where I would eat before leaving.

    Keeping my head down to not gain attention, I snagged a magpie from the pile and settled down to eat.

    Oh no. Miriah’s clan was watching me with identical smiles on their faces. Evil smiles. I had a target on my heart and they had shot guns.

    Finishing the magpie quickly, I got up to leave. Miria tried to cut me off but I was already out the entrance and running.

    After a few miles I took a deep breath and slowed, taking in my surroundings. A few trees, dirt, some sand, and rocks. A lot of rocks. I was almost at the Ravine.

    Suddenly the ground ended, and I rocked on my paws to keep my balance. Then I pressed myself against the rock and remained silent, looking for the wolves.

    There! Below me, a small red wolf suddenly vanished into the rock face. Now I just had to creep down there without being seen.

    Slowly I began trekking down the rocky ravine.

    I remembered that in the cave there was a hole in the top. When we almost lost a pup to the hole, which used to be filled with water, we moved rocks into its hole. But maybe I could dislodge the rocks…

    A rumble stopped me. Looking down the ravine to the right, I heard crashing. Water, flowing over rocks, crashing on the sides of the ravine, about to fill the cave.

    I knew what I had to do.

    Jumping down the rocks at full speed, I stepped into the cave, startling three wolves. The small red one growled at me.

    “We don’t have time for that right now! The river is flowing and in minutes this cave will be flooded! Hurry!” I yowled, and the other wolves scrambled after me, hearing the water.

    Rushing up the rocks, I tried to keep the small red one from slipping. Obviously they weren’t used to climbing slippery rocks, but she has small paws so she could slip easily.

    Finally we made it to the top of the ravine and scrambled onto the cliff. I pulled the red wolf with me, then a black one, and then…

    A beautiful handsome cream wolf was staring at me, his mouth agape. He had darker bits of cream in his fur where mine was almost white. Dark blue eyes stared at me, popping against his luscious silk coat of fur.

    “Everybody here?” I ask, tearing my eyes away from the handsome wolf. He’s in Vincent’s pack. He’s in Vincent’s pack.

    “Yeah. You’re in Lucas’ pack aren’t you?” The red wolf asked.

    “Uh huh. We knew you were down here so they sent me to find you and chase you out. Well…” I say, looking down at the river below us.

    “Come on. There is a way to get across.” I say, and with a flick of my tail we begin padding along the cliff.

    “So, what’s your name?” The cream-furred wolf asked me.

    “Allyson. What’s yours?”

    “Xavier. Listen, I know that our packs are enemies, but maybe we could…”

    “Whoa there Romeo!” The black wolf stopped him.

    “Come on.” I say, and we turn to step onto the old wooden bridge that connected the two territories.

    “You guys go ahead. I’ll catch up with you.” Xavier called, and the two wolves snickered but left.

    “Listen, I know that we’re from enemy packs, but…maybe we can meet up sometime? Go hunting, get some coffee…?”

    “I would love to.” I say, and he let his tongue hang out. In the dog world, you cannot smile without looking stupid, so we pant.

    I watched him go, dazed. Before vanishing in the dark woods, he turned and grinned at me before dashing away.

    I spent the next twenty four moons (two years) with Xavier secretly. But we wanted to raise a family, go to America, but mostly escape the feud.

    So one day we snuck out together as wolves. We snuck on an exchange plane to America and crossed the border to Canada. There we had three pups, each of them born as a puppy. Two boys and one girl.

    We sent John to Telgemier Academy and then a few years later our daughter. John comes home for the weekends, but Yana likes staying on Saturdays and Sundays.

    I didn’t mind. I was happy. I had the man of my dreams, the kids I always wanted, and the feud was something I never worried about again.



© 2013 Lilith


Author's Note

Lilith
Review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on October 9, 2013
Last Updated on October 9, 2013
Tags: werewolf, packs, supernatural, feud, romantic


Author

Lilith
Lilith

Mobile, AL



About
I'm interesting. Very interesting. more..

Writing
Warren Warren

A Chapter by Lilith


Secrets Secrets

A Chapter by Lilith


Feral Feral

A Chapter by Lilith