Vienne

Vienne

A Chapter by Lilith
"

Zarma, Vienne, Silver, and Fiona together on one stormy night...

"

    9:18 P.M…     

    Silver, Vienne, Fiona, and Zarma all stood outside in the square. Above them, rain clouds thundered, but that seemed like nothing compared to Zarma’s antics.

    “Come on! Rain already!” She screamed, pacing back and forth under the night sky. The rest of us stood under the awning, watching her.

    “Kanojo wa nani o yatte iru?” I asked Vienne in Japanese.

    “Ame ga kanojo no enerugi no yona monodesu.” She replied.

    Me: What is she doing?

    Vienne: Rain is her energy.

    “Sore wa ame no tame ni so, kanojo wa matte iru?” I asked.

    “Hai, kanojo wa okotte iru.” She replied.

    “Ame de?” I asked.

    “Hai.”

    Me: So she is waiting for it to rain?
    Vienne: Yes, and she is getting angry.

    Me: At the rain?

    Vienne: Yes.

    I shrugged and continued to watch Zarma scare off the birds by throwing sticks at them. She cursed and yelled, staring up at the sky like it was taunting her. Then again, it probably was.

    Fiona ignored us, examining her finger nails like she had seen all this before. Honestly, I can’t really remember how we had gotten out here.

    I think it started out like this…

         8:53 P.M. (same day)…

    Fiona and I were in the library, wearing tank tops and shorts due to the fact the AC was broken in there. I pulled another book off the shelf while she fanned herself with one.

    “God, it’s so hot…” She said, her hair blowing away slightly as she fanned herself.

    The heat didn’t bother me so much. When I was five I lived in Mobile, Alabama in the summer, so the heat seemed like nothing to me.

    Zarma and Vienne suddenly rounded a corner and we found each other face to face. Zarma scowled immediately, whole Vienne waved.

    “Konnichiwa.” I say.

    “Konnichiwa. Naze raiburari wa totemo atsuidesu?” She asked.

    “Eakon ga kowareta.” I reply.

    Thankfully by now you know what hello in Japanese is, so you can kind of figure out a little of the conversation.

    Translation from Japanese to English:

    “Hello.”

    “Hello. Why is the library so hot?”

    “The air conditioning broke.”

    I turned to Zarma.

    “Hello.” I say, and she growls.

    “Silver! Why is it so hot in here? The heat is messing my brain up!” She asked.

    “The air conditioning broke.” I reply.

    Suddenly Zarma let out a low groan before falling face-first. Vienne pulled her up and lay her down on the floor, brushing her hair out of her face.

    “Kanojo ga dete gokaku shite imasu. Watashi-tachi wa kanojo o ido suru hitsuyo ga.” She said.

    “Doko de kanojo o ugokasu?” I ask.

    “Soto.” She replied, and I helped her.

    Translation from Japanese to English:

    “She has passed out. We need to move her.” Vienne said.

    “Move her where?” I asked.

    “Outside.” She replied.

    We went out to the square and set her down, letting the cool night air flow over us. She snarled in her sleep, and I wondered what she was dreaming about.

    I turned back to Vienne. “Kanojo wa itsumo, kore o okonau nodesu ka?” I asked.

    “Iya, nani ga ka kanojo o nayama sete iru kagiri.” She replied.

    “Netsu wa kanojo o nayama sete iya?” I asked.

    “Osoraku. Ame ga yaku.” She said.

    Fiona tugged on my shirt. “What?” She asked.

    “I said ‘Does she always do this?’ and Vienne said ‘No, unless something is really bothering her.’ And then I said ‘The heat was bothering her?’ and she replied ‘Probably. It is about to rain.’”

    “I swear I need to learn Japanese to save myself the curiosity.” She muttered. “What does the rain have to do with this?”

    “I don’t know. Let me ask her.” I say, then turn back to Vienne.

    A minute later, I turned back to Fiona. “Apparently, rain helps her think or something.”

    “Rain? Really?” She asked, and above us we heard a roar of thunder.

         9:19 P.M…

    Zarma kicked a rock across the square. I could tell that by the look on her face, she was getting really mad. The sky rumbled again, signaling that the storm was getting closer.

    Zarma had transited from kicking stuff to yelling. Most of it was stuff I wouldn’t find on a PG movie, if you know what I mean.

    Suddenly there was a loud crack, and the sky opened up. Rain poured down from the heavens, cascading over Zarma. She sat down in the rain and let out a sigh of relief.

    Fiona and I watched as her black eyes changed colors, becoming a pretty deep blue. She smiled, then grabbed Vienne’s arms and pulled her out in the rain too. Vienne just watched as Zarma splashed in puddles and danced.

    “Hmm.” I say, watching her. “That is something I’ve never seen before.”

    “Can we go now? I’m freezing and tired.” Fiona said, rubbing her arms to create friction.

    “Yeah, come on.” I say, and I turn back to see Zarma’s now ice blue eyes before following her.



© 2013 Lilith


Author's Note

Lilith
Review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on October 10, 2013
Last Updated on October 10, 2013
Tags: fiction, school, supernatural, japanese, demon


Author

Lilith
Lilith

Mobile, AL



About
I'm interesting. Very interesting. more..

Writing
Warren Warren

A Chapter by Lilith


Secrets Secrets

A Chapter by Lilith


Feral Feral

A Chapter by Lilith