Epilogue: Unbalanced Electrical Storm

Epilogue: Unbalanced Electrical Storm

A Chapter by Scorpious Alpha

Epilogue: Unbalanced Electrical Storm 

Month 0 

May 1, 2008 

Dear Diary: 

     So, Jack contacted me again, and I decided to give him another shot. I told him what I expected of him and he promised he’d change, we’ll see. I laid down the ground rules, and he says he understands, but then again, he could just be saying it. Why do I do this to myself? I don’t know, I seem to be a glutton for punishment. It could always be worse I guess. Well, tomorrow we go on our first date since our fallout, so hopefully things will go ok. 

     The next day, Sandra is hanging out with Francine. “So, yeah, me and him are back together.” 

     “Well, good luuuck!” She throws up into a bucket on the last word. 

     “Do you, uh, want me to leave?” 

     “No, that’s ok, I enjoy the company despite feeling like s**t.” There’s a knock on the door. “Oh, hey Frank.” 

     “Oh hey, I didn’t see you there, ready to go?” Frank says. 

     “Sorry, I can’t I feel like s**t, you mind taking this one?” 

     “Alright, but I’m keeping a finder’s fee.” 

     “That’s fine, I don’t care.” 

     “Did you tell Zakk already?” 

     “Yeah, guess he didn’t relay the message. While you’re here, I’ll take an ounce.” 

     “Hah, figured, here ya go.” He hands her the weed. 

     “Holy f**k, this s**t is dank, better keep your windows down.” 

     “Haha, I’ll be fine. I gotta go, lotta deliveries to make.” 

“Oh, before you do, got any tabs?” 

“Yeah, here ya go.”  

     “Thanks. See ya later.” 

     “Take it easy.” 

     “Keep it sleazy.” She turns around and puts the tab in Sandra’s hand. “Here ya go.” 

“Thanks, I’m going to take it later.” 

“Whatever, man. Wanna smoke a joint before you leave?” 

“Are you contagious?” 

“Nah, not that kind of sick. I need something to help with my nausea anyway.” 

“Alright.” Twenty minutes later, Sandra leaves the house and gets a call on her phone. “Yellow. Hey, Jack! Sure, I’d love to go, how about tomorrow?” 

May 2, 2008 

Dear Diary: 

So, today is going to be mine and Jack’s first date since our split. Is it bad that I sort of want him to mess up? I don’t know, I’m nervous, he’s not the kindest guy, but he wants to be with me and I’m tired of being alone. Maybe I should test him, see how he acts, and that’s how I’ll determine whether or not I take him back. I hope things go well, I’ve got my flask in case I need it. Haven’t needed it since we broke up, maybe that should tell me something. Oh well, guess that’s the price I pay for happiness. 

Sandra steps out of her house as Jack is walking down the sidewalk. “Oh, hey. I’m here to pick you up.” Jack says, as he smiles. 

“Oh, wow! I totally wasn’t expecting you this early.” Sandra replies. 

“Come on, doll. I've got a great plan for you today.” 

“Plan?” 

“Day, plan, same thing, it’s going to be perfect.” 

“Oh, really?” 

“Yes, first up is breakfast.” 

“Sounds wonderful, where are we going?” 

“Last Chance Diner, they make the best breakfast I’ve ever had.” 

“Sounds good.” They go to the diner, and Jack clears his throat at the hostess, who’s in a blue dress with their back to him. The hostess turns around to reveal a clean shaven man with drawn on eyebrows and lipstick with purple hair and giant, obviously fake earrings. 

“Can I help you?” The hostess asks. 

“Yeah, freak, I want a table.” Jack says. 

“Oh, my, yes. Right over here.” Nelson fills two cups with water and leads them to their table. “My name is Nelson, let me know if you need anything, and Haylena will be your server tonight as soon as she’s done over there.” He points at a redheaded waitress. 

“Yeah, sure, whatever.” Nelson walks away. 

“You could have been nicer to him.” Sandra says. 

“Why should I be nice to that f*g? He’s a freak.” 

“So? It’s not your life, I don’t see why you care.” 

“Whatever, today isn’t about him, it’s about you, so I’ll drop it.” 

“A-about me?” 

“Well, yeah, I’m trying to prove that I’m a better person.” 

“Yeah, I figured. We’ll see. Hm, think I’ll get a mega cheese omelet with hash browns, bacon, and wheat toast. What do you think?” She looks at him with a small, judging smirk which he doesn’t notice. 

“Personally, I think you should just get a fruit salad, but that’s just my opinion. You can order anything you want, my treat.” He says as he continues to read the menu. 

“Are you bullshitting me?” 

“I promise, I’ve changed.” 

“Fine.” They place their orders, and as the waitress is walking away, Jack slaps her a*s. Haylena turns around quickly and kicks him in the head. 

“Hands off the merchandise, that’s extra. Look, don’t touch unless I say so.” Haylena says before she walks away. 

“What the hell was that?” Sandra asks. 

“Sorry, I’m still trying to get used to being back with you.” Jack replies. 

“Ugh, whatever.” 

“Hey, don’t pout. I still have a great day planned for us today, we’re spending the whole day together!” 

“Oh, yeah? What’s next?” 

“How about I buy you something nice?” 

“What?” 

“We go shopping, and I’ll get you something nice.” 

“Where did you suddenly get all this money?” 

“I could buy myself something nice instead, I’m trying here. Do you want something or not?” 

“Fine, but I’m very picky so it might take a while.” 

“Yeah, I kind of expect that, you’re a woman, after all.” 

“Excuse me?” 

“Sorry, it slipped.” 

“Whatever... anything I want?” 

Uhh, sure, I guess, I’ll let you know.” 

“Fair enough.” They eat their breakfast and finish. “Mm, that was good. I have to go to the bathroom.” 

“I’ll pay the bill. Meet me at the bus stop.” Sandra gets up and goes to the bathroom, and before she leaves, takes a few gulps from her flask. Jack pockets the bill and leaves a penny on the table. He goes to the bathroom, and heads back out the door and around the corner to the bus stop. A few minutes later, Sandra joins him. 

“Thanks for breakfast.” 

“No problem, ready to go to the mall?” 

Yes I am, thank you.” 

“Like I said, I’ve changed.” 

“You’re definitely behaving yourself better than usual.” 

“Well, I want this to work.” 

“Really?” They get on the bus. “I want you to prove it.” 

“How do I do that?” 

“I don’t have an instruction manual on how to properly treat another human being, you’re just supposed to know, use common sense combined with what your parents taught you, it really isn’t that hard.” 

“I’m trying though.” 

“Don’t worry, I’ve noticed.” They reach their stop and get off. They enter and start wandering the stores. “I think I know what I want.” 

“What?”  

“How about a Bungalodo Dual Screen and a copy of Pocket Monsters Time and Space.” 

“Uh, ok.” He gets the associate and has him take the console and game out of their cases, and Jack pays for it in front of her. “Here ya go, babe.” 

“Aww, thanks, I didn’t think you actually would get it.” 

“I told you I’d get you anything you wanted.” 

“Well, I appreciate it. You sure this isn’t just a bribe?” 

“I promise.” 

“So, what are we doing for lunch?” 

“I was thinking McJizzle’s. After all, lunch really isn’t a meal anyway.” 

“What do you mean?” 

“It’s more like a snack.” Sandra chuckles. 

“Yeah, I suppose you’re right.” They go to the food court. 

“What do you want?” 

“Double double double double.” 

“My God!” 

“I’m just kidding, not even I could eat that one, I tried once, Michael finished it after eating his, and I still had half left.” 

“That’s disgusting.” 

“Yeah, I’ll just take a buffalo barbecue chicken sandwich meal.” 

“Medium?” 

“Large.” 

“Ugh, just go sit down.” Sandra sits down and immediately opens her game. Jack gets the food and sits down. 

“This- this is a small.” 

“Sorry, I need to get more money, it’s all I could afford.” 

“So how do you intend on finishing the day?” 

“I didn’t know you’d be selfish enough to ask for something so f*****g expensive.” 

“Well, I’m sorry but you insisted.” 

“Whatever, I’ll just get the rest out of the atm.” They finish lunch, and Jack withdraws money, much to his chagrin. “Let’s go, we’re going bowling.” 

“Do we have to?” 

“It’s what I have planned.” They head straight to the bowling alley, also in the mall. 

“You can play, I’ll just watch.” 

“No, we’re playing together.” 

“I don’t like asking for my shoe size, I feel like a freak.” 

“I know you have gigantic feet, I don’t really care, I’m used to it. I don’t think the clerk cares either.” 

“Fine.” She walks over to the clerk. 

“Size?” He asks. 

“Women’s. Uh, fifteen and a half.” 

“Did you seriously just ask-” 

“Whatever, forget it.” 

“No, I’m sorry, I just never got that request before.” He opens a new box of shoes. “Luckily for you, nobody ever wore them or probably will wear these, I’ll let you have them for an extra ten dollars and you can wear them any time you come here.” 

“Deal. Jack?” He takes out ten more dollars and pays the clerk. 

“Have fun, guys.”  

“I have to warn you, I suck.” 

“That’s ok, just as long as we have fun.” Jack says. Sandra starts playing horribly. She loses the first game horribly, getting mostly gutter balls. 

“I’m done.” 

“No, here, take the ball.” He hands her the bowling ball. He gets behind her. ”Here, like this.” He helps her with throwing the ball and motions and such. She’s lauging and enjoying herself, and the ten rounds end. “See? Much better, now play me.” 

Haha, sure!” They play against each other and Sandra does so well that she beats him. “Haha, oh my God, that was so much fun!” Jack looks at her angrily. “What’s the matter?” 

“You f*****g tricked me! You were just hustling me.” 

“What? No, I probably got lucky or something, I only beat you by two points.” 

“You lying b***h.” 

“What? Seriously?” 

“I- I’m sorry.” He smiles. “This day is about you, I lost my head there for a second.” 

“What about tomorrow?” 

“What about it?” 

“Are you going to suddenly change?” 

“No, I won’t.” 

“Promise?” 

“I definitely promise. You hungry? Thought we could get some dinner.” 

“What’d you have in mind?” 

“Dimaggio’s.” 

“Oh, goody! I could go for some Italian.” They leave the mall and get on a bus that drops them off near the restaurant. They walk over and get their seat. 

“What can I get you to drink?” The waiter asks. 

“Long Island Iced Tea.” 

“Screwdriver.” Jack answers. 

“I’m surprised you’re drinking tonight.” 

“It’s a special occasion.” 

“Do you really mean that?” 

“Of course, you’re special.” 

“Aw, you’re being so sweet, I like this new you.” They get their drinks and begin drinking. 

“Yeah, well, you know.” 

“No, I don’t- wow this is strong, and all day I’ve been- uh, expecting to, uh, drink today.” 

“Uh, ok. I think I’ll get a steak and salad.” 

“Lasagna for me.” 

“You eat so unhealthily.” 

“What do you mean?” 

“I mean, instead of going for a balance, its always carbs.” 

“I love carbs, and yeah, I know, but I’m going to eat what I want. I’m not totally unhappy with my weight. Sure, I could lose some weight, but I still have only one chin and no back b***s, that should say something.” 

“Yeah, but your stomach is-” She looks at him sternly and takes a gulp of her drink. “-big.” 

“F**k you.” 

“I like you, but you’re just so fat, it makes me feel weird.” 

“What do you mean?” 

“Like, I like you, and think you’re cool, but you’re just so fat it makes me kinda hate you.” 

“You failed.” 

“What?” 

“You don’t get to say s**t like that to me.” 

“I was just being honest, isn’t that what you want?” 

“Well, yeah, but-” She looks down and stares for a little while, then chugs the rest of her drink and signals the waiter. “Refill please.” 

“Look, I’m sorry, but I figured since we’re restarting, I’d might as well tell you my issue with you.” 

“Issue? Thank you. Issue? Just the fact that I’m overweight is enough to piss you off?” 

“That, and your weirdness, you do things that just make me want to just-” and he pounds the table. 

“What? Beat me?” 

“What? I-no, f**k you.” 

“Not tonight.” 

“Yeah, we’ll see.” They get their food, and eat, drinking more drinks, getting drunker. “Look, today’s supposed to be a good day, how about we head back to my place and watch a movie?” 

“Well-” She clamps her hand over her mouth and runs to the bathroom to vomit. She comes back out and sits down. “Ok, I feel better. I’m down, though I might fall asleep.” 

“That’s fine.” 

“I’m done, ready when you are.” She gets up and goes to the line behind the counter with Jack following. 

“Go wait outside, hold the bus for us.” 

“I wanna take a cab home. Besides, I need you to support me.” 

“Ugh, fine.” It’s finally his turn to pay, which he does, but leaves no tip. He counts his leftover money. “I don’t have enough for a cab.” 

“Oh, I’ll get it then.” 

“You had money?” 

“Not much, but yeah.” 

“So, all this time you could have split it all?” 

“I don’t have THAT much. There’s one.” She signals it, and the rush of thrusting her arm in the air makes her lose her balance and fall, she laughs. Jack picks her up and walks her to the cab and tells the driver where to go. “I actually had a decent time tonight, it wasn’t the best, but definitely better than usual.” 

“Like I said, I’m trying.” 

“I can still tell.” They reach Jack’s house and Sandra pays the cab driver who informs her that she’s short ten dollars. “Jack? Can I borrow ten bucks for the ride?” 

“Ugh, fine.” He takes out ten dollars and hands it to her who hands it to the driver, who pulls away. “You owe me ten bucks.” 

“Seriously? It was your ride too. And now I’m broke.” 

“What did you wanna watch?” 

“I don’t care, really. Like I said, I might just end up falling asleep.” They go into Jack’s house and get in his bed and turn on a movie. Within minutes, Sandra falls asleep. 

May 3, 2008 

Dear Diary: 

F**k Jack, he’s a f*****g piece of s**t and I hope he 

May 3, 2008 

Dear Diary: 

So, last night was pretty interesting, Jack was so nice, he even bought me a handheld game system and the newest Pocket Monsters action game, I’m excited to play it. He actually took me out and paid for all three meals, it was incredible, he really showed me that he’s changing. He has some bad habits still, but we can work through it. We did have a couple of fights yesterday, but nothing major. He took me bowling, and we came back to his place to watch a movie together and cuddle. I fell asleep, just like I knew I would. Then I woke up, we had sex and I came home. All in all, it was a perfect day. I think I’m definitely going to back out with Jack, especially after yesterday. Glad I still have my flask... I just hope he continues to act like he did yesterday, well, for the most part anyway. 



© 2019 Scorpious Alpha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on October 25, 2017
Last Updated on March 21, 2019


Author

Scorpious Alpha
Scorpious Alpha

Somewherein, PA



About
I'm a drama writer (who doesn't love drama?) I'm currently working on a series, Imperfect Perfection, have another two series, Parasitic Psychosis, and Unbalanced Electrical Storm finished. Hope you l.. more..

Writing