Chapter One - Natalia

Chapter One - Natalia

A Chapter by Alexis Joy

Natalia Ermacora placed her fingers on her phone after she received a text message. No thoughts crossed her mind, as usual. She was consumed in her own ignorance.

It's a shame. Someone so young does not have a clue about their path in life.

Natalia took a sip of her rich, black coffee. Her blue eyes flickered as she looked around her house. Strange, she thought. Natalia opened her mouth to speak, but she quickly closed it. She looked at her mother and watched as she washed dishes. There was a bead of sweat on her forehead; the afternoon sun beat down on the dry earth.

This was Natalia's least favorite time of day. During these hours, everything was so dull and gross-- nothing was ever accomplished, eyes were sunken in, and everything had a yellow-orange look.

What she hated most, though, was sitting. Natalia stood up, and walked over to assist her mother with washing.

"Mother, let me wash while you dry," Natalia suggested.

Water was scarce and times were tough, her family could not afford to waste such a precious gift. Why would they make it worse by having only one person wash and dry?



© 2015 Alexis Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'd normally find strange starting straight up with no background on the character, but for your story in personal, it weirdly seems to fit it. I love your passion for the details, though some of them seem dispensable, not needed; but I love your way of writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 11, 2015
Last Updated on March 13, 2015


Author

Alexis Joy
Alexis Joy

About
I write original stories and poems as a hobby. Feel free to review, and leave me a profile comment. more..

Writing