Chapter 4 - Art?

Chapter 4 - Art?

A Chapter by Alexis Joy

The soft, white snowflakes gracefully dropped from the sky and coated the Earth. There was a chill in the air that nipped at your fingers, begging for attention. A scent of petrichor hinted itself in the air.

Jordon laid down on his bed, clenching his blue duvet with his fists. He was wearing a soft, dark grey jumper, and his favorite jeans. His dark brown hair was styled into a quiff, and his glasses had just been cleaned. Jordon was someone who would prefer to look neat and presentable at all times, rather than taking chances. It was a good habit that rarely got out of hand.

Natala Ermacora was on his mind. Jordon was thinking about her all day, actually.

Jordon's phone rang and he groaned. Hopefully it's not Amanda, he thought as he pressed "answer".

"Oh my god, Jordon! Guess what?" a voice squealed from over the phone. Jordon had not been given the chance to speak.

"What is it, Amanda?" Jordon questioned.

"Did you know that the sky is blue because of the reflections of the ocean? That's so cool!"

"You're incorrect. Extremely incorrect. The sky is actually blue because molecules in the atmosphere scatter blue light from the sun more than red light," Jordon answered confidently.

"And who told you that?" Amanda scoffed.

"Natalia-"

Oops.

Amanda hung up, clearly offended.

"Well, that's 50 brain cells I'll never get back," Jordon said to himself as he laughed like a champion.

It was a sound that tickled your ear-- one that gave you a dose of itself and left you wanting more. You wanted to resist, but eventually succumbed to its maniacal hands.

Jordon could not stop himself anymore. He grabbed his most-loved graphite pencil and sketch book; he started to draw. His hand scribbled frantically, creating a masterpiece that was only sensible to himself.

Nobody would be sure what it was, exactly. But that's the beauty of art. There is skepticism, appreciation, and informality. That is what art is truly about.

Jordon created a monster-- no, not a monster-- a creature, one never seen before. This creature had hollow eyes, but flawless porcelain skin. It's hands gripped the hair on its head. The creature's mouth frowned.

It was interesting, to say the least. Nobody knew about Jordon's drawing hobby, and he preferred to keep it that way. Jordon understood that if anybody discovered that he was an artist, his whole world would come crashing down.

Mrs. Trent knocked on Jordon's door. Jordon scrambled to camouflage his artwork.

"Jordon, are you in there?" his mother inquired.

"Yes, mom, give me a minute," Jordon answered as his voice shook. Just act natural.

Jordon opened his bedroom door. "Yes, mom?"

"Come downstairs, it's time to eat."

Jordon trudged down the stairs. Before he sat down at the dining room table, Natalia crossed his mind again. This is going to be a long night, Jordon thought.



© 2015 Alexis Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on January 13, 2015
Last Updated on May 9, 2015


Author

Alexis Joy
Alexis Joy

About
I write original stories and poems as a hobby. Feel free to review, and leave me a profile comment. more..

Writing