Chapter 11 - Break

Chapter 11 - Break

A Chapter by Alexis Joy

The sun greeted the sleepy, insecure small town that laid in the suburbs of populated North Dakota.

February took its time to settle in, citizens welcomed the new month with bliss.

"How amazing. The spring that always manages to come after every single winter," Jordan cooed. His brown eyes sparkled, his rosy pink lips curled in a smile from ear to ear.

Oxygen flowed in through his nostrils, carbon dioxide flowed out. The muscles in his body were relaxed as he sat up slowly. Jordon's duvet felt soft and gentle against his skin. Its light fingers traced his abdomen. Silence touched his nose, reminding him of the accident.

Jordon shook his head vigorously, rid of the memory. Today was meant to be happy, the upcoming events were all that Jordon could think about.

The adrenaline rush that one feels when they live life is priceless. It is truly remarkable.

Throughout the morning, this rush was present.

The sun shone brightly on the crystal blue water, shadows of beautiful architecture provided a break from busy life, perhaps. Roads felt smooth against the tires of an old, memorable junkie. Music blared from the speakers, Jordon's voice was in harmony with Cameron.

Jordon's heart rate quickened.

Everything went black.


© 2015 Alexis Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on June 1, 2015
Last Updated on June 7, 2015


Author

Alexis Joy
Alexis Joy

About
I write original stories and poems as a hobby. Feel free to review, and leave me a profile comment. more..

Writing