Chapter 10 - Waiting

Chapter 10 - Waiting

A Chapter by Alexis Joy

The sky was indecisive. Clouds mingled with sun rays. Stubborn billows covered the cheerful, outgoing sunlight. Eventually, sunlight found a new spotlight, one outside of negative cloud cover.

Jordon was seated on a maple brown bench. His fingers are clasped together, his hands rested on his chest. Grass blades remained idle, occasionally being disturbed by a whisper of wind. He felt offbeat, strayed from his tracks.

He started to daydream. Jordon aspired to be a biologist. After all, it was what suited him.

Jordon's phone whistled.

"Why do you always come to school, Jordon?" it read.

He panicked. I don't want to deal with absence so loud that no one can speak. "I guess I never get sick," he replied.

The sky turned overcast. Darkness hung in the air. Droplets of rain fell from the sky, quicker than expected. Jordon didn't move. His shoulders were soon soaked. They shared the wealth-- spreading water down his chest, trickling liquid falling down his calves.

Natalia Ermacora's small feet kissed the ground as she took steps towards Jordon. She held a navy blue umbrella above her head. Her eyes sunk in as she watched Jordon, and sat next to him.

"Here, take this," Natalia said caringly as she gave her umbrella to Jordon.

He shook his head. "You need it more than I do."

Natalia sighed. A silent moment passed.

"You know what I've been thinking these past few days?" Jordon broke the quiet plateau. 

"What?" Natalia inquired.

"It seems like some of us, from the moment we are born, are waiting to die," Jordon stated. His eyes were glassy, he started to sob. Stop crying, his mind pestered.

"Oh, I see," Natalia trailed off. The wind changed, sending rain into their faces.

Jordon stood up, and stepped away. "I feel out of place," he mumbled. "A deviant from the norm."


© 2015 Alexis Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 9, 2015
Last Updated on May 9, 2015


Author

Alexis Joy
Alexis Joy

About
I write original stories and poems as a hobby. Feel free to review, and leave me a profile comment. more..

Writing