Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Sarah

Skyler stood on the topsail of the foremast, letting the warm morning breeze whip her blonde hair in her face; it was a good day to sail but most importantly a good day plunder.  She felt the mast rope tense under her boots and saw that her First Mate was climbing up the sail to join her.

“Master Colton,” Skyler said, as he gained footing on the topsail, “How’s the crew this fine morning?”

Colton expertly walked across the thin mast and held fast to the sail rope beside Skyler, “Excellent Captain.” he said, “How long have you been up here?”

Skyler smiled, “Since dawn, it’s always nice to see the sun rise.”

“Indeed it is, Captain.” Replied Colton his voice sounded like he was in a trance as he stared beyond the horizon. “Nothing quite like it.”

Skyler nodded, “If only we "“

She stopped and focused on a particular spot on the horizon.

Colton looked over, “Cap'n?”

Skyler pulled out her spyglass and looked through the lens, “Bind me,” she muttered, “It’s him.”

She handed Colton her spyglass and he cursed as he saw the ship his Captain had seen, “He should be dead and quite beyond it!” He said. “Orders Captain?”

Skyler was silent for a while then smiled, “Blow ‘im out of the water, Colton.”

Colton smile matched hers, “Aye, Captain.” He shouted down to the crew bellow, “ALL HANDS ON DECK!” He turned around and slid down the rope to the deck.

Skyler looked one more time at the ship through her spyglass; she looked at the tiny flag and saw the crossed swords and red dragon,

“We met again, Captain Jason.” She said.



© 2011 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
Ignore grammar, it's the story that counts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 15, 2011
Tags: pirates, treasure, ship, adventure, swords, prologue


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Franklin, TN



About
"One's ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature." Sherlock Holmes, in "A Study in Scarlet" I'm a reader, writer, movie maker and creator. If I could be anything in the wor.. more..

Writing
My Friend My Friend

A Poem by Sarah