Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Sarah

Bragg sat in the tavern, looking blankly at the drinking glass before him. The Noose was a lively place during the day but a dark, eerie place at night.  Stranger one eyed pirates and out or commission navel officers slowly drank their liquor and beer without a word.
"I'll be glad to get out of here." A voice said behind Bragg, making him jump.
Skyler plopped down beside Bragg and put her boots up on the table.  
Bragg nodded and tok a sip of his drink, "It's an errie place to be sure."
An awkward silence spred over them as the two listened to the lonely fiddle music that came from the street.
"Skyler," Bragg ventured, "Are you sure we can trust Sacripant? I mean, after what he did --"
"i don't want to talk about that." Skyler said without looking at Bragg, "And yes, we can trust him.  His greed for what ever else might be at The Edge will keep him loyal until we get there."
Bragg leaned towards Skyler, "Thats exactly what we thought last time . . . "
"Shut up, Bragg." Skyler warned.
" . . . until he stole your ship . . . " Bragg continued, determined to make a point.
"I said, shut up!" Skyler finally faced Bragg, who still continued. 
" . . . and almost killed you."
Skyler stood up, "I know! I remember it, all right?"
Silence fell over the tavern and all eyes in The Noose turned to Bragg and Skyler.
"I am a Captain of my own bloody ship." Skyler said in a dangerously low tone, "What decisions I make and why I make them should not be questioned. Even by a fellow Captain."
Colton slowly made his was from his post at the door over to his Captain. 
"Cap'n?" He said, with concern on his face.
Skyler glared at Bragg , grabbed Colton by the arm and dragged him out of the tavern.
What little noise there was resumed and Bragg sat back iin his chair with a sigh.  He knew he shouldn't have even brought it up.  Suddenly, a felt a new presence behind him; he turned and saw Sacripant staring at the door.
"What ever you were discussing must have been a dangerous topic, yes?" He said, taking Skyler's seat. 
Bragg grimaced, "Actually, we were talkin' about you."
A strange expression crossed Destan's face and Bragg could tell he knew exactly what incident he and Skyler had been discussing. 
Sacripant played nervously with the rings on his fingers, "Oui, well . . . these things happen."
Bragg laughed, " These things happen." He repeated. "Bloody frenchmen."
Sacripant raised an eyebrow, "Captain, I understand why you dislike me and believe me when I say I feel the same way about you but what happened that day --"
Bragg clenched his hands into a fist, "You mean when you betrayed Skyler and then shot her while you sailed away on her ship."
Destan closed his mouth and sat back in his chair with a smile, "We never learn to forgive, do we?"
"We be pirates, Captain Sacripant.  We don't forgive, we don't forget and we certainly do not stop until we get revenge." Bragg said.
"Ah!" Sacripant nodded, "Then I guess that makes Captain Jason's actions understandable, yes?
Bragg scowled and the frenchmen, "You know nothing of what Jason did and why he did it.  Don't pretend like you are a part of what is going on here."
"Let us not forget that I too was once a part of The Pirates of the Breaker.  It was all because of Skyler that I did what I did and I do believe she is also the reason for your bitterness towards Jason."
"Skyler has nothing to do with it!" Bragg protested.
Sacripant smiled, "I think she does.  Admit it Captain Bragg, you hate Jason because Captain Skyler chose him . . . instead of you."
Bragg threw his fist into Dastan's face, causing the frenchman to topple over.
"I do believe I said something right." Sacripant said from the floor.
Bragg kicked him in the stomach, threw his small glass angrily against the wall and left The Noose. 
"Bloody frenchmen." He said and walked into the streets of Kingstown.


© 2011 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
YES!!!
I've always wanted to punch Sacripant!!
He stunk!!
I'm still wondering if I should continue writing the book with you.
...
Anyway
THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 7, 2011
Last Updated on December 7, 2011


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Franklin, TN



About
"One's ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature." Sherlock Holmes, in "A Study in Scarlet" I'm a reader, writer, movie maker and creator. If I could be anything in the wor.. more..

Writing
My Friend My Friend

A Poem by Sarah