Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Sarah
"

by Ian

"

Bragg looked out into the sunset thinking about all that happened. He did remember

Skyler saying that if he entered the Caribbean that she would take him. He still

wondered if Skyler would still be alive if...

“Capʼn!” Bradley shouted from the starboard side.

Bragg walked over to the starboard and looked into his First Mateʼs eyes.

“Yes, me only worthy sea dog?” Bragg said smiling at Bradley.

“Skylerʼs wavin”

Bragg looked over and sure enough there stood Skyler waving. Bragg waved back then realized that she was beckoning him to come to the ship. He turned to his First Mate and said: “You know what to do, and follow her.”

He climbed the Foremast, found a rope and swung. The pain in his arm was almost unbearable. He was slipping, he only had his finger tips...He slipped. Bragg was falling toward the water. He unsheathed his sword and right as he got to the hull he stabbed it.

Now he was dangling like rag-doll. Bragg pulled himself up and grabbed the clean hand of Captain Skyler with his bloody one. He was again slipping, he held fast and was pulled to safety. He stood up expecting to be punched again, but to his surprise she did nothing of the sort,

“You need that arm bandaged.” Skyler said. They went below decks and she started bandaging his arm. When they got down Bragg looked around and whispered: “You may not believe that the treasure is above the surface, but I donʼt care under or above, Iʼm going after that bloody treasure that caused Jason to turn.”

 Skyler continued bandaging and they sat in an awkward silence until the bandaging was done.

Then Skyler said: “Whatever you say admeral.”

“What?” Bragg said.

“When you left the last Meeting Anna and I stayed behind and discussed who the new admeral would be, and luck found ya Bragg.” Skyler said smiling, “Even though there is only three of us. Youʼll call the next Breaker meeting.”

“Itʼll be within the month.”

“Good so you can be on your way then.” Skyler said helping him up.

When they got to the decks Skyler gave Bragg a hug and said: “Be careful out

there Bragg.”

“Iʼll see you within the month.” Bragg said smiling. He climbed the Mizzen Mast and swung back to his ship and sailed off toward the horizon.



© 2011 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
ignore grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2011
Tags: pirates, treasure, ship, adventure, swords, chapter 5


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Franklin, TN



About
"One's ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature." Sherlock Holmes, in "A Study in Scarlet" I'm a reader, writer, movie maker and creator. If I could be anything in the wor.. more..

Writing
My Friend My Friend

A Poem by Sarah