Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Sarah
"

By Ian

"

Bragg was waiting on the deck of the Skyrunner when Skyler walked out of the brig.

“What did he say?” Bragg asked, noticing Skylerʼs confused look.

“Over the edge.” Skyler said almost to herself.

“Edge?” Bragg asked, “What edge?”

Skylerʼs head snapped up, “Howʼs Ezra?”

Bragg nodded his head, “Heʼs fine. Skyler, what edge?”

“I'll explain later.” she said.

Bragg sighed, "Fine. I hear by call a Breaker meeting."

Skyler looked at Bragg, "Right now?"

Bragg nodded, "Right now." He looked around, "There!" he said, pointing to a dot on the horizon, "Set a course to that island, we'll have our meeting there."

Bragg hurried over to his ship.

"Wait!" Skyler called, "What about Anna?"

"I sent Bradley to run her down, with the Blood Trader. She'll be there."

The Skyrunner’s sails unfurled in the wind and the ship lurched forward.  

 

When they got to the island they waited for Anna and Bradley to return then found a cave that led to the roots of a very old mountain. After some twists and turns Bragg, Skyler, and Anna found an open space to hold a meeting.  Skyler looked around at Braggʼs crew and noticed that someone was missing.

“Whereʼs Starks?” she asked

“Jason.” Bragg replied curtly not looking up from the map he and Bradley were looking over.

"Skyler," Bragg said after a moment, "Tell us what Jason said."

Skyler related the story to Anna and Bragg and the rest of the crews.

"The edge of the world?" Anna asked, after the tale was done. "Seems impossible."

Bragg shrugged, "I've only heard stories of pirates going over the edge. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to believe Jason anyway."

"Believe me, he's telling the truth." Skyler said.

Bragg looked at Skyler, wondering how she pulled out such vital information. He decided it was better not to ask.

“What I donʼt understand is how Jason got to the edge, if he is telling the truth, and got back alive."

"Mayhap's, he had a map." Anna said.

"Or he discovered it by accident." Skyler threw in.

Bragg sat up, "Or what if he had a guide?"

Skyler, Anna, and all three crews were staring at Bragg.

"It makes sense doesn't it?" he asked

Skyler nodded, "Bragg's right, that makes the most sense."

"So we find who ever lead Jason to the edge and get him to lead us there." Anna said.

"Do you think Jason remembers how to get there?" Skyler asked, "We could just get him to take us."

“Right … well Ive been thinking, and I think that we should go without Jason knowing.” Bragg interjected

“Why? He already knows that were going to go after the treasure.” Skyler said obviously.

“Yes but he doesnt know when. Weʼll tell him once the edge is in sight and we throw him overboard.” Bragg said.

There was a silence and then Bragg broke it saying: “I just want to kill the bloody traitor.”

Skyler put a hand on Bragg's shoulder, "Your revenge will come. I promise you that, Bragg."

Bragg sighed, "Alright, we'll stay on his island until we can figure out who lead Jason to the edge or if Jason, himself will lead us. Meeting dismissed.”

Anna and Skylerʼs crew left.

“Well... It was a start.” Bradley said.

“Thanks.” said Bragg running a hand through his hair. "Let's get back to the boats and get some words out of our prisoner."

 



© 2011 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
ignore grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on May 30, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2011


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Franklin, TN



About
"One's ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature." Sherlock Holmes, in "A Study in Scarlet" I'm a reader, writer, movie maker and creator. If I could be anything in the wor.. more..

Writing
My Friend My Friend

A Poem by Sarah