3) The Black Gate

3) The Black Gate

A Chapter by dachildofevil
"

Ed and Al are pulled into an alternate universe.

"

I was slightly startled when he said my name. But, why? I mean, this is my dream. Of course I would sub-consciously know my own name. I shouldn’t be taking these dreams so seriously.

But then again, I had similar dreams when I was still in Amestris about brother a boy who was with him. The boy in that dream looked just like me though, and he had the same name as me. Could these dreams be just like those ones? What does this all mean?

I started to get a little apprehensive. While I was wrapped up in my own thoughts, the boy had turned around and continued talking while drawing his symbols.

“I have people all over the place waiting for you. They each have a drawing I drew of you and your brother. I’m a pretty good artist so they will probably be able to spot you right away. All you have to do when you get here is keep out of trouble.”

This made me worry even more…

The angel-boy finished his drawings and sit in the middle of the room on the biggest symbol. He placed his hands on it, and then turned to the mirror.

“Be careful…” He said. I then felt a rush of energy. It felt almost like alchemy, but much different. In alchemy, the energy circulated between the alchemist and the transmutation circle in order to break down and rebuild materials to make something new.

This was different. This energy wasn’t circulating between the boy and I and the symbols, it was more like the energy came from deep within the boy, and the symbols guided it to do as the boy willed.

There was a blinding light, and I woke up in the shed with a start. I had a bad feeling about this dream… I haven’t been sharing these dreams with brother because I dismissed them as nothing important. I decided to tell him about this one.

 

It was just before dawn when Ed and I went to Mrs. Bergmann’s house for breakfast. She leaves a key under the mat for us to get in and use her kitchen so we can have a hot meal to start our day, just as long as we don’t steal anything valuable of course.

“What could this mean?” Brother asked as we quietly walked into the kitchen. After waking up and while getting ready I had explained the dream to him. He seemed just as perplexed as I did. By now we both knew not to just dismiss something like this. Our lives were too messed up for this to be simple.

“I don’t know Brother, but it bothers me….”

“Me too,” Ed replied. “What do you think that was? That thing the boy did?”

“It wasn’t Alchemy. That’s for sure,” I answered. “It felt as if the energy came from inside the boy, rather than circulating between him and the symbols, like alchemy.”

Ed stopped to think about it. We ate our breakfast in silence, trying to unravel the strange dream in our heads. Our breakfast consisted of bland oatmeal, bread, cheese, and goats milk. Yum...

After eating and cleaning our dishes, we left the house. And that is when it happened. I was turned around locking the door and placing the key back under the mat when i felt Brother's hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him to see a look of complete horror.

I quickly straightened and followed his gaze, and there it was. The Black Gate. The horrid thing that took Ed's arm and leg and my entire body. The very thing that transported us to this world. Before we had a chance to so much as turn to attempt to run away, It opened and those sickly black hands reached out and grabbed us. There was a flash of bright light, and I blacked out from fear.



© 2011 dachildofevil


Author's Note

dachildofevil
oh noooooooooo!! not the gate!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Uh oh! Thats not good! Poor Ally-Wally! D:

And I love how Ed goes to other people's houses for food lol

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2011
Tags: fullmetal alchemist fma full met


Author

dachildofevil
dachildofevil

WA



About
Well, I'm not much of a writer but I have one idea I kinda want to write down. It's not very original, but hey, its a fanfic so it doesnt matter XD I stole this from Koda XDD Everything You Want.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by dachildofevil