Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
"

The girls of his dreams, can this be right?

"

5

 

A solo ray of light shines bright from the single bedroom window, lighting up the lifeless passage with something more than the usual light effect. The only sound is of a small insect walking on the wooden floor. In the happiness of the bright light shining, a depressive feeling hang in the atmosphere, almost pressing me into a box; walls coming closer.

The lifeless body lay on the bottom of the stairs, not moving. There are two bodies. I run down the stairs, breaking the silence that fell over them. Jessica is sitting upright, next to her dad, the tears flowing from her eyes. Monochromatic lines are drawn under her eyes, on her pale white skin. The sun seems so far from me now, now that I am down here. Dark shadows are cast down on the floor, next to the lifeless body of her father.

            “What happened,” I ask, trying to keep it as quiet as possible. My hand moves around her shaking body, holding her close to my own body. Her hands form cups around her father’s face, almost begging him to come back.

            “I am sorry daddy, please, daddy listen to me!”

 

Cracks form under her eyes as the mascara dry up, her eyes still wet with sorrow. “I didn’t mean to push him,” a small, tender voice says in the almost dusk room, “I didn’t want to hurt you.” Black eyes look across the room in our direction, wrinkles outlining the old and weary eyes. The pool of blood dried against his nose, almost producing snapping sounds in the silent room.

“We should call the police,” I try to suggest to her.

“I can’t go to jail, I didn’t want to kill him,” tears start to roll down her face again, dampening the cracks; her snickering filling the room almost instantly.

 “We cannot call them, he has hurt me too much,” the tone in her voice changing completely, from weeping to fury; scaring me a little bit.

“No one knew my dad really, and the people who knew him, didn’t want to.”

“He hurt you,” I ask with confusion in my voice.

“Yeah, when my mom died,” she stops for a second, looking down to the ground, searching for words to use, “he started hitting me, blaming me for her death. She died in my arms,” tears rolling down her cheeks as she talks in a minute voice, “He hit her a couple of times on the head with a empty bottle, not stopping, not looking what he was doing to her,” she closes her eyes, trying not to cry any more than she is already doing.

“I am sorry, Jess,” I say, trying to calm her, but it had no effect. Her soft body lies on mine in the corner of the living room. Curtains hang shut, darkening the room completely, although it is light outside. A sombre feeling hang in the air as we sit, doing nothing.

My eyes are getting heavy, my eyelids falling onto each other. The sound of her breathing quiets down to only a soft soothing noise in my ears. The scene in front of me darkens.

 

An unfamiliar sound rouses me. I abruptly open my eyes to see what the noise is. My heart pounds on the inside of my body, pushing blood faster through my body, making my hands shake with fear. The thud noise keeps on getting louder, every thud sending thousands of trembles down my back as I realise what it is. My eyes lock on Jess’s body in front of me, standing over her father; or on her father’s dead body. In her right hand is a sharp blade, penetrating the corpse with a hard pounding. Sprays of blood escape the limp body for every blow she gives him, sending shock waves through the body.

“Jess,” I ask with the sleep still present in my body. She looks up with utter shock in her eyes when she sees me, another person witnessing the horror. The same hollow hate is her eyes from my dream, the feeling of desolation looking straight into my eyes.

“Who... arezz... youzze...” her tongue leaps out of her mouth as she speaks, portraying a couple of sharp teeth in her mouth. On the corners of her lips creep a sinister smile that puts instant fear into my body. I try to crawl back, away from her, but I am against the wall.

She stands up from her kneeling position over the dead body, revealing the openings in her clothes; rip apart with her bare hands probably.

“Youzze look likez someone I willzz enjoy choppping open likez a chicken,” she speaks again, walking closer to me. Her knuckles around the knife whiten from her grip getting firmer, holding it tighter, ready to knife me down. She licks her lips with the pink tongue sticking out of her mouth; spit dripping to the floor and her eyes smiling with enjoyment. My hands tremble on the ground, creating an unsettling noise. My legs try to work me through the wall, but failing at the end.

Stoooooop with that yucckyzz noizze!”

I breathe harder for every step she comes closer. Sweat drips from my forehead, in my ears a faint ringing noise buzz as the adrenalin run through my veins. Silent weeps come from my mouth as I realise I am going to die. A cold drop of blood or spit falls on to my leg, startling me for a moment. I open my eyes to see, and see her standing over me, tall and almost proud; with the smile broad over her mouth, stretching from the one corner to the next.

“I am goingz to enjoyz thizz!”

The cold sensation of the blade burning my skin scorches my leg. The pain is immense, and the blood bleeds freely, flowing from the fresh wound. The knife makes a cut from my ankle to my knee cap, showing all the muscles in my leg. The sight of my own insides let a sharp shriek out of my mouth, startling not just me, but Jess as well.

“What wazz that my boy,” the cold voice replies and she looks at me, leaving the wound on my leg.

“Please don’t, this isn’t you,” she looks at me, laughing by now for my wimps; seeing the fear in my eyes. She takes the knife, the knuckles around the handle turns a whitish colour again. Everything quiets down to only her breathing and my heart racing away. The knife starts to move, in a slow-motion effect I see some of the fresh blood drip onto me, splattering over my t-shirt. Her hands lift the knife until it reaches the front of her stomach, she waits then, pausing and looking me into the eyes, “I lovezz youzz!” she says in a small voice. The knife flies down into my ribcage, I can’t breathe. I try to take a breath, but it is no use. I feel the warm blood coming out of my body...

 

“Get up! Please stand up, what are you doing?! I can’t lose you too,” she screams, pulling me on my shirt; my head hit the ground with a hard clunk! as she pounds me on the ground. I can feel her breathing in my neck, a soothing feeling; I smile at her.

“Why are you smiling? What are you trying to do to me,” her eyes looking cold into my direction. Tears roll down her face, falling slowly down her cheek, hitting the ground with a splash. Her eyes are swollen, red from all the crying.

I feel the moisture on my leg, a warm touch from something thick. I look down, and see blood running freely out of my leg. I sit up straight from the shock, my heart feeling numb in my body. The intense pain shoots into my leg as I begin to regain feeling in my leg.

“How did this happen,” I ask with shock in my voice, looking down at my leg and then into her eyes.

“Don’t look at me, I woke up when I felt something hot on my leg,” she looks into my eyes as she speaks in a frightful voice.

A pool of blood form around my leg, leaving the wound cold in the slight breeze from the open door; burning like an open fire on my leg. I feel a slight dizziness in my head, but I see Jessica standing up, running down the hall. I hear the familiar sounds of a telephone clicking the number in. I hear in the distance a faint sound of the ambulance, but my head hit the ground again with the same hard clunk noise. Everything turns into a black shading, and the sounds are being blocked out by my brain.  



© 2011 ((Teenage_Poet_Loser))


Author's Note

((Teenage_Poet_Loser))
If you find errors, or have anything to say please dont be shy... be harsh if you can =]... is it bad or good to write a whole novel in present tense? do u like the present tense??

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Simple answer I hate present tense. This should all be in past tense. Third person point of view unless it is a letter, jurnal or bio. I think you wrote this chapter in a hurry. Slow it down a bit.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your tense has gotten A LOT better, finding some things here and there but it isn't as obvious. I will message you all the errors again.. and well no problem, I enjoy reviewing your work :) I got lost when you transitioned from Jessica being a sort of monster to being her real self. Near the end I didn't get what was happening at first, as in how he was hurt, or even if he was hurt, I thought it was another dream? but I got it now..

~ rae

Posted 12 Years Ago


where did u get lost =]... would be awesme if you just like scan =]... just to see if my use of tenses got better =]... tnx alot for the comments! love it to read yours especially! helps alot if you say something AND something critic.... i hope i make sense =] tnx alot =D again

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well you know I prefer it in the present tense and your doing a really good job at it. :) I must admit I wasn't really paying much attention to the grammar on this chapter nor ch. 4, if you want me to I would be glad to go back and edit. The only one I actually found simply reading is the last paragraph, form is supposed to be *forms. Overall, I am enjoying this book a lot :) your detail remains to be flawless. I got lost for a second while reading but I don't think that was your fault as the writer.. hmm, well.. yes. Well done!

~ rae

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2011
Last Updated on September 12, 2011