Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Daniel Rae

“Yeah, no problem.” I fiddled with my thumbs as I looked out of the window again. I could see her reflection in the window, I looked at her from the reflection as she looked me up and down biting her lip. I could feel the tension now and I kept my gaze out the window.

 

“So, I totally forgot your name. We’ve talked often enough at school but I’m horrible with names.” I looked over at her as she was already looking at me.

 

“My name is Tymithie.” I mentioned, “And you’re… Chase, right?” She looked over at me with an innocent, cute little smile.

 

“Can I ask you something?” She tapped her finger down on my hat, knocking it more onto my forehead, I fixed it.

 

“Yeah, you can ask me whatever you want.” I didn’t really mean it because I wasn’t too comfortable but it just came out of my mouth.

 

“Do a lot of people bug you for looking like The Weeknd?” She laughed, I blushed but she couldn’t tell due to the darkness of the interior, other than the lampposts that we zoomed by.

 

“I’ve heard that a lot, I just don’t have his crazy hair or his voice. I also heard that I’m taller. I don’t get bugged about it, but it is frequent that people point it out as if I didn’t already know.” I smiled from the corner of my mouth. I felt my face, realizing I really do have the same facial structure as him. She stopped at a red light and when she noticed no one coming from either way, she decided to drive through.

 

“So, this ‘friend’ you’re going to see, is she you’re girlfriend or something? I don’t really see you hang out with much people from school.” She drove down the Cres. And we were close to my friends place, I stared at it as we drove by.

 

“I’ve known her since I was a kid. We’re…Best friends.” I shrugged a bit, “we haven’t been hanging out as much as we used to.”

 

“Ah, do you like her?” She said as she pulled into a driveway to a rather old looking house.

 

“As a friend. What about you? Do you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend?” I asked just to take the heat off myself.

 

“Nah, people don’t usually catch my interest. Which is weird, because you did.” She mentioned as she got out of the car, as did I.

 

“How did I?” Confused, I didn’t think I seemed interesting or anything.

 

“I’m not sure, maybe I just like nice, quiet guys.” She chuckled and shot me a flirty glance, I kept a straight face on as we walked into her house after she unlocked it.

 

“Should I just wait here?” I questioned as I stood near the door awkwardly.

 

“No, definitely not. Take off your stuff and come sit.”

 

“I’ll just take my shoes off…” I muttered as I removed them from my soaked socks.

 

“Well, if you change your mind, I don’t mind.” She grinned. I walked up the steps to her living room and sat down, she walked by and went into the kitchen. “Do you want a drink? I have lots of beverages, whatever you fancy.” I rubbed my light whiskers, the same style The Weeknd has.

 

“I’ll have a water, I’m kind of thirsty.” I couldn’t see her as she poured me a glass, she walked into the room and handed me a tall clear glass with water in it as she smiled. “Thank you.” I held it and waited for her to turn around and head back into the kitchen. When she did, I took a large swig, almost spitting it out as I noticed it was vodka. I started coughing, her laughter mocked me as it echoed from the kitchen. I set the glass down by my feet and wiped off the vodka that lingered on my lips. My body shivered and I cringed again as I could still taste the bitterness.

 

“You don’t normally drink, do you?” She asked, I looked at her in the kitchen doorway as she removed her leather jacket and tossed it on the other end of the couch I was sitting on.

 

“No…I don’t normally. I’ve only been drunk like…Three times.” I stared at the half a glass of vodka. I heard her shuffle towards me.

 

“And how old are you?” She dropped her hip as her hand was placed on it.

 

“I’m nineteen. Just turned nineteen a few days ago.” I looked at her, she stood up straight.

 

“Well, would you like some water now? I won’t trick you again. I promise.” I looked at her facial expression but I couldn’t read her very well, I nodded and smelt the cup with vodka in it then set it back down. A cat came running up the stairs and halted when it saw me, the cat just stared at me then sat down, I noticed that the cat had a really short tail and part of his left ear was missing. Chase walked out of the kitchen with a new glass and handed it to me. “I promise it’s just water.” She said as she turned and noticed her cat. I took a sip, it cooled my tongue as I took a larger swig. It had a funny taste but I knew it wasn’t vodka or any alcoholic beverage. I watched as she started playing with her cat, she’d look back at me every now and again.

 

“Cute cat.” I said, not feeling much like myself, beads of sweat trickled slowly down my face.

 

“His name is Toby, I rescued him from an abusive home. That’s why his tail is so short and part of his ear is gone.” It seemed like she spoke at her max volume, she smiled big. I’d almost say innocent and cute, but that felt wrong, everything felt wrong. My body was acting weird and my mind was getting funky.

 

“I like your house, it’s cozy. I just wanna lay here and fall asleep, Chase. Why am I so tired?” I started laughing, she chuckled softly at my laughter. I suddenly stopped, I looked at her face. An eyebrow raised, she sort of looked confused.

 

“You alright Tymmie?” her voice softly echoed around my head.



© 2015 Daniel Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on November 4, 2015
Last Updated on November 4, 2015
Tags: suspenseful, eerie, horror, terror, creepy, weird, unorthodox


Author

Daniel Rae
Daniel Rae

Saskatoon, Saskachewan, Canada



About
Transgendered teen, ftm. I'm 19. I want to be published for my freaky stories and my talent for poetry. If that is possible, it would be extremely appreciated and you'd be helping me with a life goal... more..

Writing