Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Daniel Rae

 

“I don’t feel well, but I also have to pee. Can I go to the bathroom?” I put the glass of water down right next to the cup of vodka as I stood up, standing straight. She got up and I followed her to the bathroom. Once I got in, I locked the door, pulled my pants down and sat on the toilet. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see 3 missed calls from Amber, my friend. Plus multiple texts from her.

 

“Where are you? I’ve been trying to get ahold of you for almost an hour now.” The first text read, “C’mon Tym, we’re all worried. Just say something.” The texts continued like that. I tried to unlock my phone but I forgot my passcode so I went to the lockscreen and slid her message to the side to reply.

 

“Call me.” I sent the text and not even five minutes later, my phone started buzzing. I answered.

 

“Tym, where are you at?” Her voice sounded worried. “You’re not like this, are you ok?” I started laughing. “Seriously, Tym. Be serious.” Her voice was stern as she spoke.

 

“I’m at Chase’s. Come here, I wanna see you.” I giggled again.

 

“Where are you?” she sounded determined and worried, “I’m coming to get you.”


“I’m five houses…” My tongue started to feel numb, I started to play with my tongue using my fingers.

 

“You’re five houses from what?” My silence grew long as she continued to worry. “Tym, five houses from what? Are you high or drunk or something?” I stayed quiet as I felt my tongue, I wanted to talk to her but my tongue felt really strange. I heard the phone move and her speak, “No he wouldn’t do that…” She sounded far away, she then put the phone back to her ear.

 

“Five houses by you.” I had a little bit of a speech problem due to my tongue, but I managed.

 

“Five houses from me? You mean, from my house?” she sounded quizzical and worried, I heard people talking in the background as I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

 

“Yes.” Was all I could say to her at the moment, I hadn’t even went to the bathroom I just got up, flushed down nothing and pulled my trousers up, when I opened the door Chase was standing against the wall in front of me.

 

“Who was that? Your girlfriend?” I shook my head ‘no’ in response. “Mhm, anyways, how’re you feeling?” Her arms covered in sleeves of tattoos, she crossed them. I pointed to my tongue, she raised an eyebrow and nodded towards her living room. “You just need more water.” She started walking toward the living room. I went back into the bathroom, turned on the tap and cupped my hand under it to drink from it. My tongue felt less dry but still numb. I walked into the living room and as I was about to sit on the couch, there was a knock on the door.

 

“Friends!!” I shouted of happiness. Toby hadn’t moved from his spot, he stood there watching me. I ran to the door and every step closer to Toby that I got, he would hiss. Chase tapped her foot on the floor, Toby looked over at her and he let me pass. I opened the door and saw Amber and two people behind her. George, and Kita, Ambers little sister. Chase welcomed them in easily, we all gathered around on Chase’s couch. Amber stuck close to me, holding onto my arm. Her dark hair in a ponytail, her skin a little lighter than mine.

 

“So, what’s up with Tymithie?” Amber asked, I just sat there looking down at the cup. I was too out of it to notice that there was only one cup on the floor now. I picked it up and took a swig, cringing afterwards. Amber took it from my grasp and sipped it so only a little would land on her tongue. “He’s drunk?? Did he consent to this?” Amber was tripping out, knowing I wouldn’t get drunk with someone I’m not comfortable with. “We need to get you home.” She started to stand up, Chase pushed her back down beside me lightly.

 

“Why not just stay for a while? It’ll be fun!” She gave that almost innocent smile again. Amber caught it but couldn’t read her either.

 

“Fine, we’ll stay for a bit.” Her voice always so firm and powerful.

 

“Hey, a cat!” George excitedly observed.

 

“What’s its name?” Kita questioned, looking at Chase. The cat having charcoal grey fur with piercing blue eyes.

“His name is Toby, he can be friendly. But be careful, he’s kind of old.” Toby meowed, rubbing his head on Georges hand. He petted him softly, after a while of watching George petting Toby, whilst Kita talking to Chase about cats. I started to doze off. Amber nudged me, trying to keep me awake.



© 2015 Daniel Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on November 4, 2015
Last Updated on November 4, 2015
Tags: suspenseful, eerie, horror, terror, creepy, weird, unorthodox


Author

Daniel Rae
Daniel Rae

Saskatoon, Saskachewan, Canada



About
Transgendered teen, ftm. I'm 19. I want to be published for my freaky stories and my talent for poetry. If that is possible, it would be extremely appreciated and you'd be helping me with a life goal... more..

Writing