It looks like protection

It looks like protection

A Chapter by Calypso

Aden can home warm and fuzzy from his feeding.

As he came home he found his younger foster sister , Kayla, sitting in the floor watching a re-run of Icarly.

"Hello Aden." Said the eleven year old.

"Kayla, hello." He said dully. Her brownish- red aura stopped the euphoric feeling he had. Her aura is so angry, and it makes everyone want nothing to do with her.

"Watch Icarly with me. Aden, please,"She held up the remote. Aden felt a ping of guilt for not being willing to.

"I have homework." He lied.

"Well if you wasn't out doing who knows what then you could do your homework." She curled her lip.

"It's called high school kido."

  Kayla scoffed under her breath. "Well it won't matter much longer."

"What? What do you mean by that."

  Kayla laughed at something and pointed to the TV screen "Haha! Spencer just put his hair on fire."

"Kayla answer me!" he gasped getting hold her wrists. Aden knew it was just Kayla's brown- red aura that was making him become angry, but still there was some of his emotions in the mix.

"Nancy and Ed got a call today while you were out. They are going to move you to a new foster home."

"What?" Aden gasped. "Who's here? Is Nancy or Ed here."

"Ya. Nancy is." She said but Aden was already jumping up two steps at a time to get to his foster mom's study.

"Nancy! Nancy!" Aden gasped. "What the hell!"
"What the hell is right. Why did you just bust in to this room?"

Aden took the chance to breath in her blue aura. This is the aura of protection. He could see it rich in the room.

"Aden calm down," said Nancy placing her hands on her shoulders. Aden had to stop himself from feeding.

"I want to know more."
  Nancy let out a long sigh, then finally said "Sit down. Please."

He did as he was told.

"By the state of Texas I'm signed up to take care of 10- 14 year olds. I told you that when you came here when you was 10. Remember?"

"But you also said you would adopt me before I would have to go a new home when I turned 15. I'll be 15 in a week, Nancy."

"Aden, dear." She said running her hand down the side if his face. "You know I would love to, but we could never find your birth parents. They might as well have fallen off the side of the planet."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

Nancy started crying. "You came out of the womb and straight into foster care. No one knows where your parents are and we need their consent for someone to adopt you. I love you, you know that. Please e-mail me so we stay in contact."

Aden didn't answer "So should I go?"

"You'll move out of here and into your new foster home Saturday. You'll be going to a new school."

"Please don't let them take me." He said.

"Oh dear you know I wish you could stay." She kissed him on the forehead.

Aden was calm as he walked out of the room, mostly form Nancy's aura but still he was nervous.



© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the way this second chapeter changed completely and he was a normal teenager with normal problems.

Posted 13 Years Ago


more! more please!!! i need it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short, but sweet. I was amused by how someone's aura messed with his own emotions. It gives him an edge. Although, I would've loved to have heard more about Kayla, I think his new life will be much more interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think I'd be much more than nervous being forced to move in with strangers. A lot of foster parents are very unkind to their foster children....I hope he ends up with good ones.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a difficult subject. Interesting, though; another good one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on January 23, 2011
Tags: vampire, aura


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso