Who Are You?

Who Are You?

A Chapter by unspoken_vocabulary

      Its the year 2035, and the world is consumed by video cameras. The government has used the new technology they stole from the Soviet Union during an ugly encounter to monitor the citizens of the United States. The white house was overrun by an unknown group, and the president slaughtered. A year later, the citizens were told that freedom was given to them, but they don’t know the truth. At least not everyone… Those who really know what is happening are called “nomads”, and they are shut out from the government’s control. They are scattered all around the nation, planting information about the truth and trying to make everyone listen. Most of them are killed before they get to make a change. This story starts in North Carolina, as Isaac, a 17-year old boy turns 18, and finally is mature enough to go out past curfew. That’s when he finds something that might change everything, but do the cameras know?


     Darkness. It was all I could see, or all I couldn’t. My feet pampered through the cold puddles of last night’s rain. I could feel the hypothermia sneaking up on me, trying to make me stop, but I won’t. The air reeked of musty dirt and trash. Trying to find its source, I saw a restaurant. I decided to go in, they must have what I need. Wanting to go in, I rattled the door. Locked. I tried to get a whiff of what it smelled like inside. It wasn’t clear, but it tasted like microwavable pasta and cardboard. I scrunched my nose. The sound of footsteps wandered my face back to the street. They were fast and short, like someone was running away from something. A dog came out of the darkness and ran right past me, not even noticing me. What is this? I haven’t seen a dog in 15 years. We were told they were extinct. Not knowing what was ahead of me, I walked. I walked into the darkness, feeling it consume every part of me. Then I heard it, a breath, right next to me. I turned my head to see, but the darkness had already taken my eyes. I felt for my flashlight, but I regret finding it the moment I turn it on. What I saw made me jump in surprise.


© 2015 unspoken_vocabulary


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 7, 2015
Tags: living a lie, dystopian, sci-fi.


Author

unspoken_vocabulary
unspoken_vocabulary

CA



About
Just a 16 year old girl from California. I've learned that the only way I can express myself is through writing, so here I am. I would love some feedback :) Instagram: unspoken_vocabulary more..

Writing