Destruction

Destruction

A Chapter by unspoken_vocabulary

It was a little girl, and by little I mean at least 16 years old. She was different, I could feel it.

“Who are you?!” I asked, cracking my knuckles from nervousness.

“I’m Anna, nice to meet you” She reached out and extended her palm. I took it reluctantly, I didn’t want to be mean to her. She was shorter than me, and her hair was long, with a brown color that made her green eyes stand out.

”Green. Your eyes are green.”

“Yeah, sorry about that.” She said, smirking.

   She was a nomad, I knew it now. Her clothing made everything come clear. She was wearing a sort of black sweater, but it had a hat attached to it. Her pants were a blueish color, I had only seen them in magazines.

“Listen, I get that you need time to let everything sink in, but time is something we don’t have now a days.” She said in an alarming tone “I need you to come with me, I have to show you something”. She held onto my arm and started running, kind of like the dog.

“Wait! was that your dog?”

“Yeah, he was giving me away. I made him run around the block to get their attention off of me. He’ll come back.” I am not understanding anything she is saying, I have so many questions.

“Bu-”

“Look, It’ll all make sense once you see it. Just keep running.” And so we ran. I couldn’t help but think about my mom. If I don’t get home soon, she’ll send the officers to find me. They always do. Anna stopped running, and turned to see me, waiting for my reaction. We were standing in front of a television, and a news report from 20 years ago was playing.

Here we are in Washington DC, where we are told that an unknown group has taken over the White House. As of now, everyone inside has been killed. We have no new information on the whereabouts of the President, bu- WAIT, the President has just exited the White House. We can only- Oh My God! The President of the United States was just killed. We don’t know what will happen next, there aren’t any more officials to take over. Thi-”

I turned off the screen, not wanting to see any more.



© 2015 unspoken_vocabulary


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 7, 2015


Author

unspoken_vocabulary
unspoken_vocabulary

CA



About
Just a 16 year old girl from California. I've learned that the only way I can express myself is through writing, so here I am. I would love some feedback :) Instagram: unspoken_vocabulary more..

Writing