The End

The End

A Chapter by unspoken_vocabulary

After Asheville turned against the government, every single camera was taken down and destroyed. Every person we’ve encountered is shown the truth, and has joined our side. We decided to spread, and after 5 months, most of America has fought and battled for freedom. Anna was buried in the Asheville cemetery, and every month Aaron and me visit her. I tell her about our progress, and those I’ve met along the way. I tell her about the many dogs and nomads that have come out from hiding. I tell her about Emma, and how she says that she would’ve been invited to every sleepover she had. I also tell her about the parks, and the happiness that she helped give to the people.

After 2 years of fighting, our dream came true. I enter the cemetery, for one last time. Aaron is walking at my side, excited as always.

“Here we are buddy,” I tell him, like every time we come, he lays next to the gravestone.

            “Anna, it’s done.” I say excited. “ We won. We finally won. The Soviet Union left the white house, as well as every official. A new president was elected, and the cameras were banished forever.” I can’t help but smile, “I miss you. You were right about Aaron, he never leaves my side.” I reach for him and pat his head, “I’m so sorry for not being able to stop the man from shooting. I just wanted you to know that all of this didn’t happen in vain.”

We stayed 15 minutes more. Silence surrounded us, as well as the wind. Now that our nation was restored, we can do anything we can. That world, it was just an illusion. They can’t make us endure their reality. As long as we hold that thought, they can’t break us.




© 2015 unspoken_vocabulary


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 7, 2015
Tags: living a lie, dystopian, sci-fi.


Author

unspoken_vocabulary
unspoken_vocabulary

CA



About
Just a 16 year old girl from California. I've learned that the only way I can express myself is through writing, so here I am. I would love some feedback :) Instagram: unspoken_vocabulary more..

Writing