Run!

Run!

A Chapter by unspoken_vocabulary

“NO!” I held her before she hit the ground. Her eyes were scared, just like me. “Anna, don’t worry, you’re gonna be okay. There is a hospital near by. It’ll all be okay” I was about to carry her body when she pushed me away with her hand.

“No, Isaac. You need to run and explain to everyone in that warehouse what is really happening. Please! Leave me here and finish the plan. I will die doing what I was born to do. You were the only one who believed me, and for that I am grateful.” A tear escaped my eyes. I couldn’t care about what was happening around me.

“Anna, please don’t leave me. You are the only friend I have.”

“You’ll have Aaron, he will never leave your side. Besides, I read in your file that you’ve always wanted a dog. That is my gift to you.”

Anna’s last breath escaped her lips. My hand never left hers, she was truly something special. Anger rose all over my body. I stood up, and looked at my mom, whose face showed shock. One of the officials was holding the gun, while the others smiled.

“She was only 16 years old! What is wrong with you?” I faced my mom again, “Is this really what your precious government does to kids? Mom, look around you, were being watched by monsters. We’ve always have!” Another official took a step towards me.

“You are just like your father, he too couldn’t keep his mouth shut”.

I hear my mom gasp. She started shooting the official. I take that opportunity and run to the warehouse, but when I turn around, I see something that I’m sure would make Anna proud.

The people. There all outside, holding shovels and sticks. Emma is in front of them all, Aaron next to her.

“They believe you Isaac, we want to make a change” And so they all join my mother’s side against the officials. This was the start of the revolution. This was the start for change.

   



© 2015 unspoken_vocabulary


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on June 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 7, 2015
Tags: living a lie, dystopian, sci-fi.


Author

unspoken_vocabulary
unspoken_vocabulary

CA



About
Just a 16 year old girl from California. I've learned that the only way I can express myself is through writing, so here I am. I would love some feedback :) Instagram: unspoken_vocabulary more..

Writing